Ricardo

amanita muscaria and taoist practice

I was wondering if any one knew about the effects of amanita muscaria if one practice tai chi and/ or Taoist practices. I know that most drugs are yin base so unless you are practicing magick you cannot take it, but amanita muscaria seems different because it seems to access the subtle energies. I want to know if you take amanita muscaria, do you lose your chi from it?

• Like 1

Hello Ricardo and welcome to the Tao Bums. Any mind altering I do is by way of meditation and I steer well clear of drugs, legal or otherwise as they cannot but effect your chi. I am sure however that there will be no shortage of Bums who have experience in these matters, though it may be best to post your question in the Taoist Discussion section as the Lobby is very much for introductions and is not read by all members.

Before you get started on this please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ . This covers all that you need be aware of to start posting.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

I was wondering if any one knew about the effects of amanita muscaria if one practice tai chi and/ or Taoist practices. I know that most drugs are yin base so unless you are practicing magick you cannot take it, but amanita muscaria seems different because it seems to access the subtle energies. I want to know if you take amanita muscaria, do you lose your chi from it?

drugs.jpg

In the old days Yoda (he was a member here, really) and I got some (legal!) dried amanita muscaria shrooms from iamshaman.com . Colorful red with white dots. I had a couple and can't report any effects. Yoda had one, like me had nothing significant happened, except his wife a biologist found out, mentioned potential liver damage and flushed his 'stash'.

So.. nothing to report from a tiny sample of dried ones. Iamshaman is still around. The shrooms, like many other things they once had are now illegal. Still they tend to be one step ahead of the herbal law.

Personally I rarely rarely do drugs (except alcohol), they should be approached with caution and respect.

Some of my most powerful spiritual experiences have come from psilocybin mushrooms. Of course it has an effect on your resources of energy as does any mind altering substance. The only difference between mushrooms and lets say tobacco or alcohol is what I take away from the experience. What I take away from the mushrooms is worth the loss in chi whereas alcohol/tobacco I don't really learn anything about myself. The mushroom will teach you to cultivate chi in your daily life- if you listen. That being said I have never ingested the famous amanita muscaria- I have read many mixed results from others use of this plant. I believe a lot of the experience has to do with the preparation. I'd be interested to hear your experience if you so choose to partake in their adventure.

Edited by BrianTheLion