#17 thamosh

thamosh

Dao Bum

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Go Public with it.

Write a professional press release about this and call your local news. Submit your story to various gossip blogs and sites.

Make calls to setup interviews about how they stole from you.

• zen-bear and dust said thanks for this
Mosh till you cant mosh anymore!

#18 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

nemesis: Erroneous Cleanliness

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3345 posts
  • Interests:Putting Classical Chinese thoughts into English words

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

http://jasonskywalke...or-wins-matrix/

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood , as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, ‘The Third Eye,’ copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers, requesting new sci-fi works..

According to court documentation, a FBI investigation discovered that more than thirty minutes had been edited from the original film, in an attempt to avoid penalties for copyright infringement. The investigation also stated that ‘credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers.’ These witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart’s original work and that it had been ‘often used during preparation of the motion pictures.’ The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart’s case dismissed, without success.

• Ocean Form, zen-bear and idiot_stimpy said thanks for this

#19 idiot_stimpy

idiot_stimpy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Amazing

• zen-bear said thanks for this

#20 thamosh

thamosh

Dao Bum

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I looked a little more closely into this. An i noticed that even though kungfupandalawsuit.com is a great domain name it has an alexa ranking of 11 million and that it has no meta data or h1 tags. 

If this website was to get

a meta tag

a site map

and some h1 tags

Then this site will grow in google and thus the awareness of it will grow as well.

If this is done right anytime someone would google kung fu panda the first thing they would see is kungfupandalawsuit.com  ;)

• Aetherous and zen-bear said thanks for this
Mosh till you cant mosh anymore!

#21 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9772 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

http://jasonskywalke...or-wins-matrix/

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels. She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood , as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars.

Sadly.. nope.  looks like this is an internet rumor.  later edit> Going through the internet its a fascinating study in internet rumor-ology.  Its easy to check out, yet you see it championed on a dozen sites (like David Icke's)  when even a cursory look would prove it wrong.  On the other hand she did sue her lawyers for $150 million and while there may have been a judgement against them, I can't find if it was monetary or not.  Which I find highly doubtful since the only person confirming it is herself, while she hawks her book.

http://www.snopes.co...ess/matrix.asp

Snopes rates this story as FALSE

here is an excerpt:

The Matrix in 1999 she was struck by how    closely it resembled her story. She filed suit against the makers of the film, seeking over $1 billion in damages. (This page provides links to a number of files and articles about her lawsuit.)

Stewart's case was dismissed in June 2005 when she failed to show up for a preliminary hearing of her case. In a 53-page ruling, Judge Margaret Morrow of the Central District Court of California dismissed the suit, saying Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster its key claims or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors' films. As of this writing, Stewart's case is no longer before the courts. She has announced that she does not plan to let the matter drop, so possibly this case could someday be re-filed and heard, but for now it is over.

A less than accurate newspaper article about Stewart and her case (quoted in the Example box above) caused many to believe the woman claiming authorship had won her copyright infringement suit and was about to receive a multi-billion dollar settlement. That 28 October 2004 article, penned by a second-year communications student for the Salt Lake Community College Globe, erred in mistaking Stewart's 4 October 2004 successful counter to a dismissal motion for her having prevailed in her suit. The article asserted Stewart "will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels" and would "soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood." What Stewart had won was the right to proceed with her case, but nothing more.

The Globe subsequently posted the following correction:
In reference to the recent article entitled "Mother of the Matrix Victorious," some information has been deemed misleading. Ms. Sophia Stewart has not yet won her case against Joel Silver, Time Warner and the Wachowski Bros. The decision on October 4th enabled Ms. Stewart to proceed with her case, as all attempts to have it dismissed were unsuccessful. Ms. Stewart's case will proceed through the Central District Court of California.

Thanks,
The Globe Staff

A number of web-based news sites (such as Thaindian News and African Globe) have continued to create confusion over the case by republishing the Salt Lake Community College Globe's outdated and inaccurate article from 2004 which erroneously claimed that Sophia Stewart had won her case.

Barbara "case closed" Mikkelson

Last updated:   20 November 2013
Another good article on it: http://www.examiner....-circulates-web from Examiner.com

excerpt

Winning a copyright infringement case against a studio is nearly impossible. While humorist Art Buchwald sued Paramount over Eddie Murphy's Coming to America and won, it's rare to triumph over Hollywood studios because of the high number of people who claim studios stole their ideas but have no real proof.  After awhile, cries that "Hollywood stole my idea" start to sound like shouts of "I'm innocent" behind prison bars. A few people have a righteous cause. Most, however, are lying to themselves...

Edited by thelerner, 23 February 2014 - 05:17 PM.

• gendao and zen-bear said thanks for this
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#22 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

nemesis: Erroneous Cleanliness

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3345 posts
  • Interests:Putting Classical Chinese thoughts into English words

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

thanks for the correction thelerner

#23 zen-bear

zen-bear

Zen-Bear

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1057 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi Chuan (Yang style, in the manner of Cheng Man-Ching) - 36 years, Liu He Ba Fa - 32 years, Flying Phoenix Qigong - 25 years , Ehrmeishan White Tiger Kung-fu - 25 years, Eight Sections of Energy Combined - 22 years, Ten Thousand Buddhas Ascending to Heaven Meditation System - 22 years, Tao Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Method) Kung Fu 42 years, Southern Shaolin Five Animals Kung-fu - 42 years.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

the hotspot website link doesn't work by the way.  Definitely need a website.

Try www.kungfupandalawsuit.com

and to find the Lachance videos, go to Youtube, and just search for "eat your panda, michael lachance, dream works"...and you should get to this link:

https://www.youtube....ance dreamworks

which displays all the testimony of this fellow made under oath.

Edited by zen-bear, 17 July 2014 - 11:04 PM.

• Harmonious Emptiness said thanks for this
www.taichimania.com

#24 bubbles

bubbles

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums+
  • 1505 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

I have watched by chance Kung Fu Panda 2  last saturday (didn't watch the first 'opus' so far). 

The similarity between the movie characters ( the Panda and its crew, even with very minor changes) and the characters created by Terry Dunn is obvious to me.

Moreover, there is the 'inner peace' Taichi like dance we can see in the movie:

1. first scene (Panda's sifu)

2. second scene (I am Po)

3. third scene (last battle)

First, I can see an obvious similarity with the Zen-Bear animation  but more than that,the last scene is also very similar to the energy ball seen in the Zen-Bear animation.

Since I have not watched the first Kung-Fu Panda movie, I can't say more, but I can suppose that the similarities are even more evident.

It is sad to see how many obstacles Terry Dunn is facing in seeking redress.

bubbles

Walk your talk or close your mouth.
Don't whine, just do your best.
Chi Kung for health : Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung of Ehrmeishan

#25 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
  • Interests:Self-Employed Window Cleaner
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Any outcome yet?
Chinese Health QiGong Association here...
http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/
More about Mindfulness here...
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
( Dogen).

#26 zen-bear

zen-bear

Zen-Bear

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1057 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi Chuan (Yang style, in the manner of Cheng Man-Ching) - 36 years, Liu He Ba Fa - 32 years, Flying Phoenix Qigong - 25 years , Ehrmeishan White Tiger Kung-fu - 25 years, Eight Sections of Energy Combined - 22 years, Ten Thousand Buddhas Ascending to Heaven Meditation System - 22 years, Tao Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Method) Kung Fu 42 years, Southern Shaolin Five Animals Kung-fu - 42 years.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

the hotspot website link doesn't work by the way.  Definitely need a website.

Try www.kungfulawsuit.com

or log onto Youtube, and then simply search using this string:   "Eat Your Panda Dreamworks Michael Lachance "

• GrandmasterP said thanks for this
www.taichimania.com

#27 zen-bear

zen-bear

Zen-Bear

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have watched by chance Kung Fu Panda 2  last saturday (didn't watch the first 'opus' so far). 

The similarity between the movie characters ( the Panda and its crew, even with very minor changes) and the characters created by Terry Dunn is obvious to me.

Moreover, there is the 'inner peace' Taichi like dance we can see in the movie:

1. first scene (Panda's sifu)

2. second scene (I am Po)

3. third scene (last battle)

First, I can see an obvious similarity with the Zen-Bear animation  but more than that,the last scene is also very similar to the energy ball seen in the Zen-Bear animation.

Since I have not watched the first Kung-Fu Panda movie, I can't say more, but I can suppose that the similarities are even more evident.

It is sad to see how many obstacles Terry Dunn is facing in seeking redress.

Yes one of Dreamworks' agents, I believe, made it a point to call my lawyer to let her know that Dreamworks in Kung Fu Panda 2 used several of the key elements of my Zen-Bear Animated Logo seen here--

--in the battle scene in which their fat panda catches fiery cannon-balls and throws them one after another  back at the villainous goose and his navy, seen here, starting at 2:30 (where they also copied my copyrighted artwork "Zen-Bear in Shoulder stroke (a Tai Chi posture btw, but reversed the positioning of their bear's palms and forearms):

Before the their panda's catching of and whirling around with fiery energy/cannon balls, it touches a drop of water falling down from the sky in a spiraling Yin Yang symbol.  Identical to the spinning yin-yang in my logo.  Very typical of this studio to flaunt its seemingly legal misappropriation of other people's work.

But these this particular rabble of businessmen believe that there is no God and no Universal Justice and that somehow the Universe doesn't operate according to the laws of karma.  

So keep your eyes and ears open to the news in the coming 2 years.  For it is a proven historic fact--at least in my experience --that such persons--i.e., the person and persons who persuaded Michael Lachance to lie about the fact that he had created the idea for the Kung Fu Panda film but did such a pathetically miserable job of coaching him how to present that lie at his deposition (for the videos of his deposition testimony clearly demonstrate that he did not create the idea for the movie) always learn their life's lessons by extreme paradox.

Edited by zen-bear, 14 August 2014 - 09:22 PM.

www.taichimania.com

#28 zen-bear

zen-bear

Zen-Bear

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

I looked a little more closely into this. An i noticed that even though kungfupandalawsuit.com is a great domain name it has an alexa ranking of 11 million and that it has no meta data or h1 tags. 

If this website was to get

a meta tag

a site map

and some h1 tags

Then this site will grow in google and thus the awareness of it will grow as well.

If this is done right anytime someone would google kung fu panda the first thing they would see is kungfupandalawsuit.com  ;)

Edited by zen-bear, 14 August 2014 - 09:25 PM.

www.taichimania.com

#29 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
  • Interests:Self-Employed Window Cleaner
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Try www.kungfulawsuit.com

or log onto Youtube, and then simply search using this string:   "Eat Your Panda Dreamworks Michael Lachance "

Ta.

Good Luck with your suit.
Chinese Health QiGong Association here...
http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/
More about Mindfulness here...
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
( Dogen).

#30 Protector

Protector

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4924 posts
  • Interests:Pepsi, Fanta, Mustard, Meat, Fresh apples, Females, Learning, Old Cartoons, That Feeling, Horse Stance

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

*before clicking on the thread*

Man, I hope this Dunn doesn't...

*clicks on the thread*

SH*&!!!

Can't help but think of http://en.wikipedia....e_Violence_Died

Abandon all hope ye who enter here

#31 zen-bear

zen-bear

Zen-Bear

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Hello Protector,

Don't worry, "this Dunn" won't lose it or do anythng rash or untimely.

Not only have I survived 4 years of litigation ag. this movie studio and its lawyers, and filed appeals all the way to the U.S Supreme Court, but I've been living with the alleged theft (obvious as it is by the videos of Lachance posted here) since May of 2002.  That's 14 years.  Surviving and maintaining my work this long has been the test of spiritual tests.  I have too many people relying on me to teach them The Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Chi Kung of Taoist monk Feng Tao Teh of Ehrmeishan (created in 1644), one of 4 ancient monastic Qigong traditions that I preserve--along with Yang Tai Chi Chuan in the lineage of Cheng Man-Ching and William C.C. Chen, 3 styles of Kung Fu (Ehrmeishan White Tiger KF, Tao Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Method) from the Tang Dynasty, and Southern Shaolin 5 Animals Kung Fu (ah, which was MY inspiration for the 5 Animal Kung Fu masters teaching my Panda named Zen-Bear). 

If you have any interest in authentic ancient Qigong system that works (and works almost instantly)--as to "modern" downstream hokum, visit this thread and start reading anywhere:

www.thetaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/

Interesting how Dreamworks' movie franchise features 5 animal masters training their fat panda--a  tiger, snake, crane, monkey, and a (tiny) praying mantis--whereas the original Shaolin 5 Animals Kung Fu, of which I am a certified master--is tiger, leopard, dragon,snake and crane.  And these are the 5 Animals in my registered treatments and story outlines.  My lawyers and I argued at trial that Dreamworks changed and rearranged my case of protagonists and antagonists, using 8 of the 11 animals I had scripted and had professionals illustrate (better artistically than than what they came up with, btw, IMHO).  And my villains were rats, yellow monkeys, hyenas all under the leadership of a giant praying mantis.  So as someone posted early on, this Hollywood studio chose to strip my story elements of all the cultural narrative and insult the ancient Shaolin tradition--by making "their" 5 animals a purely Hollywood contrivance.

Thanks for posting the link to that Simpsons episode about Bart and Lisa getting justice for the creator of "Itchy and Scratchy"!   I saw that epis. when it aired like in 1996.  I had completely forgotten about it till your posting.  It was hilarious pick-me-up.  I will take your posting of it as prophecy and inspiration!

Thanks for your and everyone's empathy and support. 

Sifu Terry Dunn

P.S.  I won't mind if you forward these links:

www.youtube/result?query=eat+your+panda+michael+lachance+dreamworks

www.kungfupandalawsuit.com

Edited by zen-bear, 27 August 2014 - 11:59 PM.

• silent thunder said thanks for this
www.taichimania.com

#32 Silent Answers

Silent Answers

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

I really do hope you win your case, as you obviously put a lot of time and effort into this. I can imagine how frustrating it is to be fighting against a huge company earning millions from the franchise, making yours appear to be the imitation.

The hardest part about all this though, is that both stories are based on Chinese martial arts that adapt the use of Chinese animal arts. I suppose they are arguing the case that neither side was entirely original as both are based on Chinese mythology/martial arts...and therefore is more a case of who has the better marketing.

Did they use any of the storylines from your series? (disregarding the main characters, as again they can argue that theirs is a story about Chinese culture and therefore a panda is representative of the theme)

Again, best of luck and well done for making it this far...if they copied actual parts of the story line - stick with it. As a genuine piece of advice though, know when to give up if it looks like the tide is not turning in your favour. Otherwise, it could waste further years of fruitless effort. I know that's horrible to hear...I've lost businesses in the past too and it's always a hard decision to make.

Your thoughts control the fate of the universe within
All are connected
if you change the direction of one, the others will follow
Once you obtain this, you can step out of the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users