KenBrace

How to lower body temperature with meditation?

So what your trying to say is that instead of practicing tummo, Hoff should simply get a heating system and more cloths?

If you are living in a 105+ degree environment most of the time, then yes. However, to increase body heat you may still do the internal cultivation. The body is more capable of generating heat than alleviating unless you are very ill.

If you are living in a 105+ degree environment most of the time, then yes. However, to increase body heat you may still do the internal cultivation. The body is more capable of generating heat than alleviating unless you are very ill.

When I told you that I have 105+ degree weather in summer I didn't mean that it's like that most of the time. It was just go give you an idea of the climate. I know that generating heat is easier than loosing it when it comes to internal practice but that doesn't matter. You don't just learn things because they're easy. You learn to do things because it will benefit you. Learning to cool yourself down is beneficial if you live in a warm/hot climate.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2

Yes, I understand. It doesn't matter when but it was only matters within the time frame of impact. After all this BS(some might want to call it from me), what I am trying to tell you is there was no such method which can reduce your body temperature despite to what all these experts were telling you. I am no expert neither but I am just telling you the reality.

PS....

Sorry about all the trolling, it happens all the time in the friendly TTB Taoist environment. It needs high level of cultivation to deal with it.

This could be true but there is no harm in figuring out for myself. I tried some of the techniques Dzogchen advised and they have been working.

• Like 2

Yes, I understand. It doesn't matter when but it was only matters within the time frame of impact. After all this BS(some might want to call it from me), what I am trying to tell you is there was no such method which can reduce your body temperature despite to what all these experts were telling you. I am no expert neither but I am just telling you the reality.

PS....

Sorry about all the trolling, it happens all the time in the friendly TTB Taoist environment. It needs high level of cultivation to deal with it.

This could be true but there is no harm in figuring out for myself. I tried some of the techniques Dzogchen advised and they have been working.

Yeah I mean the techniques described should definitely help. They have helped me, others I know personally, and countless Yogi/yoginis for many years. It works. Sorry that some may disagree, but it is the truth.

Ken, I am glad this works for you. With some time and a little practice you should really be able to cool off very quickly!

• Like 4

Yeah I mean the techniques described should definitely help. They have helped me, others I know personally, and countless Yogi/yoginis for many years. It works. Sorry that some may disagree, but it is the truth.

Ken, I am glad this works for you. With some time and a little practice you should really be able to cool off very quickly!

Thank you.....!!!

I am so curious to know under what environmental condition it worked for you.....???

Did it work under the temperature of 105 + degree too.....???

I would like to hear it from your own words. Thanks....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

Thank you.....!!!

I am so curious to know under what environmental condition it worked for you.....???

Did it work under the temperature of 105 + degree too.....???

I would like to hear it from your own words. Thanks....!!!

Me personally? As far as during meditation or other types of similar practice probably only upper 90's on occasion. I have, however, used these techniques to keep cool during my regular activities many days 100-110°F+ while living in California and Arizona.

Everyone is different, if they do not work for you then that is not really unbelievable, however it has definitely helped me out and I am happy to help Ken find a balance to his practice.

• Like 2

I think it is hard to change body temperature but it's possible.

Some scientists discovered nothing cools you down as fast as green tea, cold i'd be guessing. But using your mind you can just imagine you are swimming in a cold sea, imagine the cold water is going under your armpits and around your bum, all the places that make you shiver when some cold water gets into your wetsuit. Try to re-experience it in your mind, and keep it going over and over (like ya do when you're pissed off with someone) so it builds up. Do that for 10 mins and relax into it and enjoy it and you will at least feel cooler, not sure about actual temperature. Another way is not to associate with the heat, just be aware the environment is hot but you are cool. Feel it hot on your skin and feel how lucky you are you're cool on the inside. It's hard because you're not but it's all just mind games. It gets to like 47 degrees C sometimes here in the summer. I find when i get into the sweet spot mentally though i don't feel hot or cold, i just don't think about it. Sometimes the heat even feels good, just pushes you deeper into that balance. Actual heat doesn't really matter too much percieved heat is more to the point i think. I'm sure even budda would have cooked if they boiled him in a pot.

I think cold food from the fridge cools me down too. You can get cool shirts here too, the football players wear them when it's hot. Bit like a vest and it keeps you cool somehow no idea how. Soak your hair in cold water, that keeps you cool for a while, this was great until i started going bald :P

If i do iron shirt I i get hot all over even if it's freezing outside so i guess thats one way to get warm. Any type of physical activity, alcohol blocks out the cold too :) But with the mental balance thing we did tai chi in China in -14 degrees or something without gloves on. As soon as i thought 'hmm my hands aren't cold...' then my fingernails started burning, burning from cold that was not chi :P Got into the balance again and i was fine again.

I think it is hard to change body temperature but it's possible.

Some scientists discovered nothing cools you down as fast as green tea, cold i'd be guessing. But using your mind you can just imagine you are swimming in a cold sea, imagine the cold water is going under your armpits and around your bum, all the places that make you shiver when some cold water gets into your wetsuit. Try to re-experience it in your mind, and keep it going over and over (like ya do when you're @#!*% off with someone) so it builds up. Do that for 10 mins and relax into it and enjoy it and you will at least feel cooler, not sure about actual temperature. Another way is not to associate with the heat, just be aware the environment is hot but you are cool. Feel it hot on your skin and feel how lucky you are you're cool on the inside. It's hard because you're not but it's all just mind games. It gets to like 47 degrees C sometimes here in the summer. I find when i get into the sweet spot mentally though i don't feel hot or cold, i just don't think about it. Sometimes the heat even feels good, just pushes you deeper into that balance. Actual heat doesn't really matter too much percieved heat is more to the point i think. I'm sure even budda would have cooked if they boiled him in a pot.

I think cold food from the fridge cools me down too. You can get cool shirts here too, the football players wear them when it's hot. Bit like a vest and it keeps you cool somehow no idea how. Soak your hair in cold water, that keeps you cool for a while, this was great until i started going bald :P

If i do iron shirt I i get hot all over even if it's freezing outside so i guess thats one way to get warm. Any type of physical activity, alcohol blocks out the cold too :) But with the mental balance thing we did tai chi in China in -14 degrees or something without gloves on. As soon as i thought 'hmm my hands aren't cold...' then my fingernails started burning, burning from cold that was not chi :P Got into the balance again and i was fine again.

Haha thanks for the info. :)

Body temp is linked to your oxygen metabolism, should you find yourself practicing an art that teaches you to slow that down to the point where your heart is beating so slowly and breath so faint you would be pronounced dead on site, your body temperature would drop as well.

"what I am trying to tell you is there was no such method which can reduce your body temperature despite to what all these experts were telling you."

People who think this don't know what they are talking about.

That being said, if your mind is focused on pulling in and collecting yang chi at LDT it will heat up, or at the very least you will experience the sensation of heat.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

During my meditative training, I have uncontrollably been heating up and getting those "cool" rushes of heat through my body. I've decided to start learning how to gain better control of my energy rather than letting it run wild and leaving cold when I want to be warm and hot when I want to be cool.

I've found some info on tummo and how to heat up your body but I haven't found anything on how to reduce body temperature to cool down. Anyone know of anything that might help me with this?

Use the tummo technique to cool down. Its not only for heating up, it can be used to cool down as well.

If you visualize heat being radiated from your dantien to heat up, then visualize coldness coming into your body and or generating from your dantien.

• Like 1