This is a very weird story but I promise you, entirely true.

For years I carried a St Christopher pendant in the coin section of my wallet.  One day I lost the wallet entirely, never to be seen again.  I bought a new similar wallet and had to repalce all cards, driving license etc.

Not long after, the St Christopher pendant was there, in the coin section of the new wallet.  It is still there now.  I don't now how this can possibly be explained but it is true.

This is a very weird story but I promise you, entirely true.

For years I carried a St Christopher pendant in the coin section of my wallet.  One day I lost the wallet entirely, never to be seen again.  I bought a new similar wallet and had to repalce all cards, driving license etc.

Not long after, the St Christopher pendant was there, in the coin section of the new wallet.  It is still there now.  I don't now how this can possibly be explained but it is true.

I believe you

• Like 1

Do you try to explain things like this?

No because it does not belongs to the world of empirical reasoning. That is the dilemma of science and the origins. Consciousness creates matter, not the other way around. How do you hope to explain consciousness...

To me the point is not do you explain it but rather why would you want to explain it. But then again that's me...I am one of those who feel that people waste three quarters of their energy on analytical exercise. What for?

• Like 2

So you explain it by saying consciousness creates matter? Works for me! All I know is that I love my St Christopher pendant now! It's my own miracle!

• Like 1

So you explain it by saying consciousness creates matter? Works for me! All I know is that I love my St Christopher pendant now! It's my own miracle!

Your story is beautiful and touching.

My teacher said that there is nothing wrong in scharring spiritual experiences with people. But better to do it only with people who are really interrested in spirituality. Also one need to be sensitive not to say too much cause someone you talk to can be just a beginner - they can take you as someone way above their level.

Other thing - spiritual materialism, some say that better not to build up your ego, yet this attachement to spiritual experiences is only temporary, sooner or later you will find out that sometimes you were sharring things out of pride. Things need to be internalized before sharing, otherwise it feels empty...

If you had real spiritual experiences - you will just crave to talk about it to people. It is fascinating topic, and you aill find out that other do have simmilar experiences that you have.

Yes, one of the most common everyday spiritual experiences is the strange synchronicity but these moments ony ever convince ourselves.

Others find it quite easy to just call what you told them coincidence and never think anything more of it.

And the opposite happens:

Things that are really world-changingly dramatic other people just think are delusions, dreams or mental illness.  They can't share it with you so you can't share it with them.

The reason I wrote on this thread is because I believed it would not be a spring-board for competition and that is also why I did not look for my most unusual memory, I just wanted to testify regarding something near and dear to my heart.

The reason I wrote on this thread is because I believed it would not be a spring-board for competition and that is also why I did not look for my most unusual memory, I just wanted to testify regarding something near and dear to my heart.

From your experiences it is clear that you are a rather special individual with capabilities that aren't mainstream.  I think it's crucial that you find people who you can learn from and also, of course, find the people who need YOU in order to learn.

This cannot happen unless you are willing to share a great deal.  Sharing is only a problem if we are insecure and feel bad when we get no affirmation in return.  Or, if we have a problem with superiority and ego.

These are both attitudes to sharing.  The sharing itself is neutral and can be done with impunity.

• Like 1

From your experiences it is clear that you are a rather special individual with capabilities that aren't mainstream.  I think it's crucial that you find people who you can learn from and also, of course, find the people who need YOU in order to learn.

This cannot happen unless you are willing to share a great deal.  Sharing is only a problem if we are insecure and feel bad when we get no affirmation in return.  Or, if we have a problem with superiority and ego.

These are both attitudes to sharing.  The sharing itself is neutral and can be done with impunity.

It has been such a lonely road. And I think there are so many of us out there with this type of loneliless. It is so hard to share on a forum and in real life there is just nobody! Well nearly. My mom listens to me but she is not like me and my daughter is like me but she is small and needs me to guide her. She is three years old and already knows how to remote view without even concentrating, she just sees. In many ways I am no-where near her level and I fear she may grow up lonely.

Then out there there are the money-grabbers and the unattainable masters. I did almost succeed in finding a teacher once but I would not do the animal sacrifice so I missed out on the teachings.

My hope was in the spirit world but I only caught a glimpse of some teachers and I am hoping to reach a breakthrough with qi-gong...

After a while you can only take so much theory from books and all you need is a reliable technique to learn from within your mind. I am on that threshold.

It is a hard road, especially when you have no interest in all the quirks of highly cultural practices like Qabbalah, Egyptian magick or Wicca. There are so many ritual-based methods and I only want the cut-and-dry hardcore outcomes based stuff, no frills. However the modern neo-shamans are really not my cup of tea and are also out of reach and expensive.

The eastern philosophical schools don't want you to dabble in trance work if you don't seek some kind of enlightenment and therefore give no guidance. I don't seek to blend with the oneness in my lifetime. I am not interested in whatever awakening is. I just want to learn to do healing and clearing and get on with it.

Maybe qi-gong will expose me to the obstacle that stands in the way...can't wait to get my Flying Phoenix dvd's in th mail!

Not easy. But I trust it will come. And you, what are you looking to learn?

• Like 1

It has been such a lonely road. 

To be honest, I think the spiritual life is a lonely road for us all.  Even when we find really like-minded people...it's a lonely road because we have to find our truths for ourselves, by ourselves.  You greatest teachings will be the stuff you worked out by yourself.  Please don't fear for your daughter because she has you; and when the time comes when you find your own happiness she will have you as an inspiration.  

I'm not at all gifted like you are.  My aim is to live and love and find beauty and share beauty in this life - so yes, awakening to something more than this.  Actually, I think my loneliest days are behind me.  I'm living more and more this beauty - i can really start to say that about myself.  

• Like 2

Wow that is great. You are quiet a poetic guy :) I am not sure if I am gifted. In the first twenty years of my life it was remarkable but I had some scary experiences and turned my back on myself. Now in my forties I am no longer scared and want to be myself and it is very hard to get back to where I was.

Edited by Astral_butterfly

What's are some of the most interesting experiences you've had during meditation, OBE, etc.? I'm very interested to hear some of the them! :)

Pffft  ... they are nothing compared to the biggest one of all ....    when you achieve realization  you will know that the most amazing thing you can feel and the most interesting experience you can have, and the most wonderful things you can see

is your own life, itself. 

• Like 1

When recounting experiences, especially from an annonymous position behind the keyboard, most people have a tendency to exagerate, fabricate and misrepresent their experiences.

What is even worse, is when someone says one thing and then acts totally differently.

Deception makes fools of us all and wastes everyone's time.

When recounting experiences, it is very important to be as honest, sincere and free from delusion as possible.

The slightest hint of deception is a strong odour which I have learned to avoid.

:)

I love these time travelling threads   :)

They are good, hey Tibetan Ice  ... Tibetan Ice !    God damn you !  Why wont you answer me !  :angry:

If someone else told me that they experienced first hand the same things I have, I wouldn't believe them.

Didnt you get banned ?   

Its nice you guys are all mystified and such     but while your wallet was on the table .... a  smart alec friend slipped that medal in it  ;)

My point is .....    we need to be mystified .... so we search for some proof, and give some events overtly 'strange' significance, which can often be explained in the most obvious way.  

Dont be mystified by this.

But be mystified and amazed and see magic ... but in the real ... its right here in front of us !

Isnt your life and nature around you, the earth beneath you and the vast empyrean overhead more amazing than any postulation about where a coin came from ? 

But, I suppose, if one's life is not doing that for you .... hold on to that coin ....      ;)

Its nice you guys are all mystified and such     but while your wallet was on the table .... a  smart alec friend slipped that medal in it  ;)

My point is .....    we need to be mystified .... so we search for some proof, and give some events overtly 'strange' significance, which can often be explained in the most obvious way.  

Dont be mystified by this.

But be mystified and amazed and see magic ... but in the real ... its right here in front of us !

Isnt your life and nature around you, the earth beneath you and the vast empyrean overhead more amazing than any postulation about where a coin came from ? 

But, I suppose, if one's life is not doing that for you .... hold on to that coin ....      ;)

But of course life is one big incredible experience! I really do not contest this at all :)

By the way I am not into "mystical". For me, if it can happen, it must be natural. It's just that nature is not an open book that's all. Point being I don't like mystifying things because I believe the natural potential is endless.

You know, there is nothing wrong with wanting to push the perceived limits of the possible. Testimony to the bending of reality as we know it is always good because it elasticises our beliefs.

Edited by Astral_butterfly
  • Like 1

Pffft  ... they are nothing compared to the biggest one of all ....    when you achieve realization  you will know that the most amazing thing you can feel and the most interesting experience you can have, and the most wonderful things you can see

is your own life, itself. 

If you are so realised why do you indulge in disdain and why do you bother asserting yourself in this manner?

It is revealing how much commenting one finds in people who profess to have succeed ed in becoming the awareness behind the mind and how there is no thread concerning the cultivation of compassion or character.

Anyone mocking the observations of others cannot be taken as a role model.

Mine is probably when I tried to commit suicide, although I have maybe ten or so that I would consider "amazing."

I was 18, and had recently dropped out of high school because of severe emotional problems. My family took a vacation to Litchfield Beach, and I had already been contemplating suicide, and was on medication.

We were staying on the fourth floor, and the best way I knew to end my life was by jumping off the balcony on to the asphalt below.

Before I jumped I prayed, "God, give me another chance."

Immediately after I jumped I lost consciousness. The next thing I knew I was standing in the elevator, going back to our room. I felt no pain until I crashed down on the bed in the room my mom was in, and then felt extreme pain all over my body. I broke my hip, some ribs, collapsed my lung, and lacerated my liver.

A few years after this, my mom asked God if an angel had helped me. She then heard a voice in her head tell her to look up Psalm 91. She had no idea what it said.

There's a verse in that chaper that says, "He will give His angels charge over you, lest you dash your foot against a stone." It's the same verse the Devil quoted to Jesus when he tempted him to jump off the tabernacle.

Looking back on this, I can see that it was "supposed" to happen; I made the right choice by jumping off the balcony. But I also believe it was very selfish of me, and have apologized, mainly to my mom, many times for doing it. It would have devastated her completely if I had died.

• Like 2