SonOfTheGods

50 Jewish Messiahs & Who Invented Jesus?

Where is alchemy or herbology forbidden in the Bible? Please, use verses.

witchcraft is herbology in old testament and new testament

The Greek word "pharmakia" literally means "drugs", and appears five times in the New Testament: in Gal 5:20, Rev 9:21, 18:23, 21:8, and 22:15. "Pharmakia" is translated into our English Bible as either "witchcraft" or "sorceries".

We also get our English word "pharmacy" from the Greek word "pharmakia".

Gal 5:20 in the KJV:

20 Idolatry, witchcraft ("pharmakia" or drug use), hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

pharmakeia= poisoning; sorcery

pharmakeion= drugstore, pharmacy

pharmaki= poison, venom

pharmakon= medicine; drug; remedy

Exodus 22:18

18"Do not allow a sorceress to live.

Leviticus 20:27

27"'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

Deuteronomy 13:5

5That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. (NIV)

1 Samuel 28:9

9But the woman said to him, "Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?"

Alchemy isn't true science but rather a blend of blend of philosophy, mysticism and chemical technology, not in line with the bible commandments

Edited by SonOfTheGods

If we can interpret pharmakia to mean something like "pharmacy"...there is still a huge difference between poisonous drugs (something that's destructive to the person's body mind or spirit) and medicine (something that's beneficial). Herbalism or herbology has to do with healing.

For a clear illustration, henbane could be an example of something that's forbidden, due to being destructive.

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." - Genesis 1:29

There are many things in the bible, such as hyssop, myrrh, Ezekiel's special bread...which could be included in this idea of medicine, so it's false and a misinterpretation to say that herbology is sinful. It's not at all against the Law to study and use things that are good for you.

Deuteronomy 13:5

5That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you. (NIV)

Dreaming and prophecy are actually totally fine and mentioned numerous times in the Bible...the purpose of this verse is that the person is trying to get the people to worship other Gods, which is of course against the first of the 10 Commandments. Lets not take verses completely out of context.

Alchemy isn't true science but rather a blend of blend of philosophy, mysticism and chemical technology, not in line with the bible commandments

I've asked you numerous times to use specific verses to back up your claims, not just make things up.

Edited by turtle shell

If we can interpret pharmakia to mean something like "pharmacy"...there is still a huge difference between poisonous drugs (something that's destructive to the person's body mind or spirit) and medicine (something that's beneficial). Herbalism or herbology has to do with healing.

There are many things in the bible, such as hyssop, myrrh, Ezekiel's special bread...which could be included in this idea of medicine, so it's false and a misinterpretation to say that herbology is sinful. It's not at all against the Law to study and use things that are good for you.

a person who worked with herbs - which were drugs thousands of years ago was considered a witch.

that is biblical exegesis

pharmakeia= poisoning; sorcery

pharmakeion= drugstore, pharmacy

same root word- study up on greek and hebrew as I have

if you are okay with your practices, then when you die and that yahweh demon eats your soul in your created reality, it be too late then.

Its your eternity you are gambling with - doesn't affect me at all

I have said it over and over again, people who profess to be bible believers do not know their bible!

Edited by SonOfTheGods

a person who worked with herbs - which were drugs thousands of years ago was considered a witch.

This is simply false and nonsensical. No one considers doctors to be witches, today...why would they call them that back then? Witches are ones who do sorcery, and use herbs for that purpose. Which is why any Bible you read will say that, instead of condemning pharmacists! lol

Especially with the other examples I showed, your interpretation is just incorrect.

By the way, I don't profess to be anything. I'm not worthy to call myself a Christian. I've only asked you to clear things up. Making the discussion personal is a diversion away from truth and clarity...why behave like that?

Edited by turtle shell

This is simply false and nonsensical. No one considers doctors to be witches, today...why would they call them that back then? Witches are ones who do sorcery, and use herbs for that purpose. Which is why any Bible you read will say that, instead of condemning pharmacists! lol

Especially with the other examples I showed, your interpretation is just incorrect.

By the way, I don't profess to be anything. I'm not worthy to call myself a Christian. I've only asked you to clear things up. Making the discussion personal is a diversion away from truth and clarity...why behave like that?

you are trying to use logic with the bible

that wont work with the bible

it isnt my interpretation, it is from a hebrew and greek dictionary lol

I am a biblical scholar, and you never read the bible, and you're arguing lol

I have presented sound biblical knowledge and you are spouting off the top of your head, because you possess no biblical knowledge

do the hebrew aramaic and greek research

Edited by SonOfTheGods

You're saying that a person must be illogical when working with the Bible? Even that isn't Biblical. And it doesn't seem to be working well for you, in regard to your interpretations.

I have. Your interpretations are simply false.

Edited by turtle shell

Romans 2:14

I will post what I can when I can but I don't have the time right now to full Scripture debate you.

Witchcraft as I know it is definitely wrong.

I've heard of women mixing menstrual fluid with spaghetti and serving it to a man unknowingly to keep him attached to her....

No bueno

• Like 1

You're saying that a person must be illogical when working with the Bible? Even that isn't Biblical. And it doesn't seem to be working well for you, in regard to your interpretations.

I am using biblical exegesis

I recall you debating with Aaron about seminal retention and he kept repeating his facts over and over. exhausting lol

Romans 2:14 I will post what I can when I can but I don't have the time right now to full Scripture debate you. Witchcraft as I know it is definitely wrong. I've heard of women mixing menstrual fluid with spaghetti and serving it to a man unknowingly to keep him attached to her.... No bueno

read the whole thread before you debate so I don't have to repeat it all again like I have to do with some people lol

Edited by SonOfTheGods

I am using biblical exegesis
you are trying to use logic with the bible

that wont work with the bible

it isnt my interpretation, it is from a hebrew and greek dictionary lol

I am a biblical scholar, and you never read the bible, and you're arguing lol

I have presented sound biblical knowledge and you are spouting off the top of your head, because you possess no biblical knowledge

Curious as to what school you attended?

I recall you debating with Aaron about seminal retention and he kept repeating his facts over and over. exhausting lol

You think you've been repeating facts here? The opposite is true, and that is clear for you and anyone to see.

No hard feelings, SonOfTheGods, but since you've continued to make your discussion personal despite being asked not to, as well as continued to argue pointlessly (by spreading lies and not actually backing up your claims)...I see no use in continuing. Peace.

edit: changed how I addressed him from "son" to "SonOfTheGods" so as not to be disrespectful...truly no hard feelings or further argument

Edited by turtle shell

reading is fundamental

It is indeed. Are you self proclaimed or does your circle of influence see you as a scholar?

Learning Theory is fundamental but Application is key.

When at college some classes have lecture and lab. You are obviously well versed in the words contained in the book but arelacking in the Word contained in the Truth.

You think you've been repeating facts here? The opposite is true, and that is clear for you and anyone to see.

No hard feelings, son, but since you've continued to make your discussion personal despite being asked not to, as well as continued to argue pointlessly (by spreading lies and not actually backing up your claims)...I see no use in continuing. Peace.

you called me "son" and you say I am condescending lol

What has happened here is that you can not debate me bibically so you are using every other tactic.

Scotty: To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

if you want to debate the bible, you must use scripture

and what is clear to those keeping track is you have been out classed by someone using your own bible ;)

It is indeed. Are you self proclaimed or does your circle of influence see you as a scholar? Learning Theory is fundamental but Application is key. When at college some classes have lecture and lab. You are obviously well versed in the words contained in the book but arelacking in the Word contained in the Truth.

I've studied because before I reject a religion, I want to be certain.

I am certain, the bible is a plagiarized collections of older myths.

if you or anyone else wants to further debate-

you must use scripture

let your bible answer your own questions

can't have a biblical debate without the bible

bible means the canon of 66 books

not the coptic

not the pseudepigrapha

not the apocrypha

nor nag hammadhi scrolls

not the dead sea scrolls either

Edited by SonOfTheGods

I've studied because before I reject a religion, I want to be certain.

I am certain, the bible is a plagiarized collections of older myths.

if you or anyone else wants to further debate-

you must use scripture

let your bible answer your own questions

can't have a biblical debate without the bible

bible means the canon of 66 books

not the coptic

not the pseudepigrapha

not the apocrypha

nor nag hammadhi scrolls

not the dead sea scrolls either

Hi SonOfTheGods,

I am confused as to what you are attempting to argue about. Are you arguing with the chosen set of books of the early Roman empire/church? The origin of the Old Testement? Or, as to the existence of Jesus?

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

Hi SonOfTheGods,

I am confused as to what you are attempting to argue about. Are you arguing with the chosen set of books of the early Roman empire/church? The origin of the Old Testement? Or, as to the existence of Jesus?

Thanks,

Jeff

lol you have to read the whole thread

On burning witches and condemning and vengeance

Romans 12:20

Proverbs 25:21

On loving YOU SotG instead of wanting to beat you with my fists :)

1 John 4:8

John 13:34

Saving all of man, not just certain ones.

1 Tim 2:4 Plus one million more

1 Corinthians 3:10-15

Peace brother. I hope you know that I said what I said in jest.

I pray in the Holy Name of Christ Jesus that our Heavenly Father chases you down with Favor and that Miracles and Blessings rain down upon you and your household!

On burning witches and condemning and vengeance Romans 12:20 Proverbs 25:21 On loving YOU SotG instead of wanting to beat you with my fists :) 1 John 4:8 John 13:34 Saving all of man, not just certain ones. 1 Tim 2:4 Plus one million more 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 Peace brother. I hope you know that I said what I said in jest. I pray in the Holy Name of Christ Jesus that our Heavenly Father chases you down with Favor and that Miracles and Blessings rain down upon you and your household!

I already have the miracles and blessings, and it surely isnt from a mytholoical jesus

your post does represent my case, fully, though

christian fundamentalism, nearing fanaticism, does not belong in Daoism

Edited by SonOfTheGods

I already have the miracles and blessings, and it surely isnt from a mytholoical jesus

your post does represent my case, fully, though

christian fundamentalism, nearing fanaticism, does not belong in Daoism

Although somewhat short, and rocky at start, I've enjoyed our conversation.

I rebuke your statement and insult however :)

Christ Jesus was not only real but IS very much ALIVE :)

Again, God Bless you on your journey.

BTW, with you being so anti Christ and all, what path is it you are treading?

• Like 1