87 replies to this topic

#17 billb

billb

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

well medical ph.d. is not considered the same level as another type of research ph.d.

So yeah medical "dr" -- doing research with a vested interest in positive results?  hmm.. seems the same to me as a lot of medical or biomedical research.

My point was that someone with credentials as a scientific researcher without a vested interest in positive results or negative results would be much better. Why would a phd researcher have a vested interest in getting positive results from an external qi experiment. See my point? Much better and more trustworthy than having the guy himself testing his own external qi or system and then calling it scientific proof. 

#18 celibacyandsexualenergy

celibacyandsexualenergy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

My point was that someone with credentials as a scientific researcher without a vested interest in positive results or negative results would be much better. Why would a phd researcher have a vested interest in getting positive results from an external qi experiment. See my point? Much better and more trustworthy than having the guy himself testing his own external qi or system and then calling it scientific proof. 

I don't think he was the one testing it - read the paper! 

There were several ph.d. researchers testing the results.

#19 billb

billb

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

I don't think he was the one testing it - read the paper! 

There were several ph.d. researchers testing the results.

He is one of the authors of the paper about the external Qi of his own system so there is a vested interest in a positive outcome. Because he is one of the authors most people won't see this as unbiased is my point.Did he actually ask the observers to leave the room in one of the studies? Would love to know if this is also true.

#20 celibacyandsexualenergy

celibacyandsexualenergy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Dude he can observe them where ever he wants! haha.

If the qigong master was "testing" the results he would just use his third eye and go - yep all done.

The results are the objective empirical measurements - no one can say where qi comes from, etc. so there can't be double blind qi experiments.

To claim there is some "unbiased' science experiment is hilarious!

Science is biased inherently just based on the Pythagorean Theorem!

http://www.tpr-world...nal_numbers.pdf

Logical inference trumps science.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus, 29 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

• gendao and Songtsan said thanks for this

#21 celibacyandsexualenergy

celibacyandsexualenergy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

http://www.scribd.co...ong-Cultivation

Yan Xin lectures

• Ormus said thanks for this

#22 ralis

ralis

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 8265 posts
  • Interests:Qigong

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I know there are some audio of his meditations floating around online. If I see them I will post some links.

• gendao and Jox said thanks for this

#23 zanshin

zanshin

Dao Bum

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

I was interested in this same thing....there is this one page which suggests he may have been a fake...interesting points: http://ancientway.com/blog/?p=2017

I am curious as to this as well...perhaps I shall go sleuthing soon.

I would think if a blogger should at least find and read the actual studies instead of making a lot of conjecture based on the abstracts.   The study I posted shows good empirical methodology from western science perspective, doesn't seem like people very interested in reading research papers though.

Edited by zanshin, 29 July 2013 - 05:59 PM.

• celibacyandsexualenergy said thanks for this
Come sweet joy and purge melancholy.

#24 Songtsan

Songtsan

Crazy Fox Ali

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3235 posts
  • Interests:Seeing clearly

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I would think if a blogger should at least find and read the actual studies instead of making a lot of conjecture based on the abstracts. 

yeah, agreed.  It is so funny that he hasn't really been heard from though...if i was this big accomplished master I would be writing books, making videos, doing seminars and sharing my knowledge left and right.  It almost has to be the government - or else he simply decided to retire?

I remember hearing about this seminar he did in San Francisco where he emitted his chi and half of the audience of hundreds of people started doing spontaneous movements and having all kinds of reactions.  How can one person have so much energy - that is amazing if true.  

• Jox said thanks for this

I really have no idea what I am talking about...

#25 zanshin

zanshin

Dao Bum

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

I hope he's okay, from what I understand he is bona fide.  In some systems, masters go through stages where they need to conserve their energy to reach new attainments.  Please post if anyone finds any information.

Come sweet joy and purge melancholy.

#26 Songtsan

Songtsan

Crazy Fox Ali

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3235 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I would love to have him as a teacher...I am still looking at the stuff that he taught years ago.  It would probably help to have a friend in China if you wanted better information.  Anyone on this site here live in China?

#27 celibacyandsexualenergy

celibacyandsexualenergy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Chunyi Lin was first healed by Yan Xin - Jim Nance says Chunyi was in full lotus for 7 hours nonstop - the Yan Xin lecture - and Chunyi had his third eye fully open up and he was 80% healed of severe arthritis - he had been unable to stand barely before.

So his body went ice cold except for his heart and also then he said if felt like ants crawling all over his body but he couldn't scratch at all - and then he could see the stars even though it was daylight out....

That was Chunyi 's  first time with qigong and after that he just practiced Yan Xin's meditation on his own - not sure if he had the cassette or just from memory....

Took him a couple months to finish healing himself.

• gendao, zanshin, rainbowvein and 2 others said thanks

#28 Songtsan

Songtsan

Crazy Fox Ali

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3235 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Chunyi Lin was first healed by Yan Xin - Jim Nance says Chunyi was in full lotus for 7 hours nonstop - the Yan Xin lecture - and Chunyi had his third eye fully open up and he was 80% healed of severe arthritis - he had been unable to stand barely before.

So his body went ice cold except for his heart and also then he said if felt like ants crawling all over his body but he couldn't scratch at all - and then he could see the stars even though it was daylight out....

That was Chunyi 's  first time with qigong and after that he just practiced Yan Xin's meditation on his own - not sure if he had the cassette or just from memory....

Took him a couple months to finish healing himself.

Nice! That sounds a lot like the clearance of the nadis...

a lot of times, the pain that we feel is purely nervous system based - due to unhealthy nerves/meridian channels.. When this is cleared through an influx of chi, the energy sweeps out the impurities and the pain stops..

• Jox and 4bsolute said thanks for this

#29 celibacyandsexualenergy

celibacyandsexualenergy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7000 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

I posted the meditation - the full nine steps - I have read them but the rest of them are just summary descriptions - not an actual meditation led by Yan Xin as with the first step.   Usually you're not supposed to do the first step until after an introduction class by Yan Xin practitioners.

#30 Songtsan

Songtsan

Crazy Fox Ali

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3235 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

I posted the meditation - the full nine steps - I have read them but the rest of them are just summary descriptions - not an actual meditation led by Yan Xin as with the first step.   Usually you're not supposed to do the first step until after an introduction class by Yan Xin practitioners.

What thread is it under approximately?  You have so many posts....thanks!  I will definitely look it over.

#31 Sham-Wow

Sham-Wow

Dao Bum

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

George Bush Snr called Yan Xin the Worlds Greatest Healer. I understand he also fasted and went without food for over 7 years. 

#32 NotVoid

NotVoid

mostly not void

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

I did a bit more searching on Yan Xin, and Yan Xin was listed as attending yearly Yan Xin Qigong conferences in the USA and possibly elsewhere from 1997 to 2000, but after that I could find no further mention of Yan Xin publicly teaching or attending qigong conferences. I believe that the time period of around the years 1999 to 2000 corresponds with the time period that the Chinese government began to crack down on large qigong groups in China, so it might very well be that Yan Xin had to stop the public qigong events around this time for safety reasons for him and his many followers in China, as pythagoreanfulllotus mentioned.

Edited by NotVoid, 30 July 2013 - 05:22 AM.

Relax, be natural, lessen desires, calm emotions, be sincere and kind, and practice diligently.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yan Xin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users