#33 woodcarver

woodcarver

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Chinese philosophy and Zen

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:02 AM

I think all the talk of the super enregy beings and other magnificent language is a way to lure people into taoism. I got into it because I wanted to harness this strange new energy force for my own personal gain and some of the talk in the TTC somehwhat sucked me in to that. If I knew that I would be here today focusing on chewing my food more, I would have thrown the TTC out the window.

• spiraltao said thanks for this

#34 woodcarver

woodcarver

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:04 AM

Unless I'm missing the energy beings???

#35 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36562 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

Unless I'm missing the energy beings???

No, you aren't missing anything.  At least not from the Manifest.

But whatever brought you to Taoism is good, regardless of its silliness.  Hehehe.

All belief systems have their attractors.  This is why I will sometimes argue that Taoist Philosophy is not a belief system.  I don't like it being associated with "religious" belief systems.

But still, yes, there are energy potentials that most aren't even aware of and only a few who have tapped into these energies.  But they are not magical or mystical.  They are natural energies that allow us, if tapped, to do things that we thought we would never be able to do.

This requires practice, practice and then more practice.  Now, really, do we spend our life practicing or do we spend our life living?  Most prefer living so never tap into those unknown energies.  But those who have found a way to practice and live at the same time are the fortunate ones.

But no, don't look for magic in Taoist Philosophy.  One needs to add to this in order to find magic.  Taoist Shamanism is a valid place to look.  (I don't do that.)  And there are many other places as well.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#36 woodcarver

woodcarver

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

Agreed on the belief thing. I try not to believe anything ;)

I suck at qi gong and energy in general, can't quite funnel it into where I would like it to go but I'm starting to notice something going on. I also suck at the practice vs. life thing. It looks like some people just meditate to a certain point and then continue on with their lives. I can't say that I blame them but not thinking about irrelevant things in inappropriate situations is cool, too. I also like truth and stuff.

• Marblehead said thanks for this

#37 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36562 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

Technique has a lot to do with it.  If you are interested to see where you can go with this gain some knowledge of a number of different practices.  Different practices work for some people but not for others.  Maybe you just haven't found one that works for you yet.

Healing is another energy practice that is not only useful to one's self but helpful for others as well.  You might want to look into that.

Anyhow, best wishes along your journey.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users