Hypnagog

Opening the Third Eye: Spiritual Sight

I wanted to start a practical discussion group on third eye phenomenon. I experience seeing colors and lights in my internal an external environments. I wanted to know other people with this "clairvoyant" sight and when it appeared, how it felt, and what helped refine and expand this vision.
My experience is as follows:
-A violet or purple light when I close my eyes and begin meditation, which often gets brighter as the meditation continues and shifts color.
-Patterns of violet, green, yellow, and red light morphing in my external environment, especially visible against blank surfaces (ceilings, walls).
-Flashes of pink and violet light in my peripheral vision when I do Qi Gong.
-Flashes of violet light in my peripheral before and resulting in out of body experience.
-A white glow surrounding individuals with flashes of colors along certain portions of their body (all colors in the spectrum show)
-Complex patterns of light and geometry that last for brief, yet impressionable, seconds during meditation or trance states.

What helps brings on these effects is a nice relaxed state during mediation, while I am bathing or in the shower, during gi gong, a bodywork session, or even when I am simply being attentive in my everyday life.

I would like to expand this vision so I can see a wider range of color in the aura, and into the energetic and spiritual bodies of things (not just outside aura).
This started happening to me 2 years ago and has just gotten more and more vivid. I just turned 20 last month.

What are your experiences? I would love more advanced practitioners and visionaries to share their insight into this spiritual organ as well as reports from novices like myself. How old were you when in started, what were you doing? What helped expand it? Any tidbit of wisdom to share?

• Like 2

Putting taboos aside; a method considered to be practical in third-eye opening/stimulation is the use of psychedelics, LSD being named as the utmost.

I realize that to most, the use of drugs might sound risky, but LSD's not known to be addictive or physically harmful to consume in the regular 1 tablet dose. So it's not like you're shooting up heroin or drowning your brain with absinthe.

That's my personal opinion, if you feel like LSD is like cheating, well that's a matter of perception and preference, the traditional approach is just as valid, im just putting this forward as an option if you prefer less esoteric means.

• Like 2

Hypnagog, have a look at the profile of member 'spotless' as he started a great discussion on the same subject recently with good insite, experience and explanations. ;) You should also be able to view it below this page

Putting taboos aside; a method considered to be practical in third-eye opening/stimulation is the use of psychedelics, LSD being named as the utmost.

Have you tried it?

I realize that to most, the use of drugs might sound risky, but LSD's not known to be addictive or physically harmful to consume in the regular 1 tablet dose. So it's not like you're shooting up heroin or drowning your brain with absinthe.

When you get high and can't feel your feet on the ground or get a sense of solidity when you are hugging the girlfriend, it is quite unnerving. One time, I was on my bike and I swear I could have rode my machine right over the cliff like Thelma and Louise. It's not the addiction that's worrisome. It's the total negation of the cognition of vulnerability.

That's my personal opinion, if you feel like LSD is like cheating, well that's a matter of perception and preference, the traditional approach is just as valid, im just putting this forward as an option if you prefer less esoteric means.

Eight shots of vodka is safer. But that's me. I'm a coward.

• Like 1

My old Tai Chi Instructor claimed to be able to see People's auras, after doing some Daoist breathing / energy exercises. :ph34r:

He told me that my Aura was a Deep (Roman?) Purple. :)

Never did find out if that meant something health or personality wise. :wacko:

• Like 2

Will LSD opne your third eye for good or just temporary?

Hypnagog, have a look at the profile of member 'spotless' as he started a great discussion on the same subject recently with good insite, experience and explanations. ;) You should also be able to view it below this page

Thanks Formless! That is exactly what I was looking for. Accounts of people who have gone through a similar process.

As for the use of psychedelics I can say this: No they won't open your third eye permanently, if you were not born with this gift it takes dedication and must be tempered in ordinary reality. Not that psychedelics won't help, they are just not a "stable" means of achievement. Cultivation first, then exploration. Psychedelics are for exploration not long term cultivation in my opinion. I would love to start another topic on psychadelics but I am looking for more practical advice tempered in real life situations. Such as:

Mountain, how has LSD effected your ordinary reality experiences since taking it?

Eight shots of vodka is safer. But that's me. I'm a coward.

Lol I think 8 shots of vodka are actually gonna close both of your regular eyes instead. And no I haven't tried LSD, but i've read numerous accounts and studies regarding it's effects. People who have had a good trip -at least- report having their outlook on life changed positively. Albert hoffman, the man responsible for it's discovery is a prime example of LSD's usefulness in the right hands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann#Discovery_of_LSD

P

ersonally I think that on a safe enviorment with a sober friend spotting you, it's an experience worth trying, certainly you've nothing to lose from it... Now if I could just get my hands on a tablet in my country, i'd volunteer to research and journal for the Tao bums.

Will LSD opne your third eye for good or just temporary?

Some people report one trip was enough to do the trick, others claim it took them a few tries. I think coupling it with whatever other third-eye related activities you might want to try will give good results.

LSD Is synthetic and I do not advocate the use of synthetic hallucinogens. It produces extreme mind altering states of consciousness (though nothing as extreme as trance reached through sober meditation) which is very beneficial if you temper it with a spiritual practice to support consciousness exploration.
If you are interested in using hallucinogens to open your consciousness I suggest using organic compounds:
Psilocybe mushrooms, Peyote, Ayahuasca, Salvia Divinorum. All of these are naturally occurring plant medicines that cause hallucinatory consciousness.
I prefer DMT or ayahuasca (which contains DMT). It occurs naturally in the body and does not leave you with a "hang over" feeling afterwords. It is realeased in the pineal gland during deep sleep at night. The pineal gland is the seat of the third eye. In fact, almost every organic lifeform on this planet contains trace amounts of DMT and the shamans of South America have been taking it for thousands of years.

....but my intent was to find other members of this forum gifted with spiritual sight. Something more detailed than "maybe you should take some psychedelics" So I would like to call again: Anyone with concrete experience that can help?

• Like 1

my intent was to find out with certainty if my third eye is damaged or reparable.

I think having one's third eye "broken" would ammount to actual brain damage. My money is on your brain being okay and you can go ahead with your spiritual soulsearch-thingy brother. Thumbs up.

So I would like to call again: Anyone with concrete experience that can help?

Maybe you should take some psych- errm I mean, you've tried lucid dreaming? I recall reading about how lucid dreaming further stimulates the pineal gland activity.

• Like 1

The book by Samul Sagan is very good.

However, I think you're gooding well.

I dont' think there is short cut besides the normal practice of getting more energy at higher frequency.

I think having one's third eye "broken" would ammount to actual brain damage. My money is on your brain being okay and you can go ahead with your spiritual soulsearch-thingy brother. Thumbs up.

Brain damage? Check.

Just because I am intelligent and aware does not mean I am not brain damaged.

It is an affliction not an insult.

Permanent tinnitus is one symptom of an acute strike to the base of my skull.

But the fluoride came earlier in life and I've only recently learned that it could have a negative impact on spiritual sight.

And it is the only explanation that i have come across that might explain why i am so perpetually unable to see clearly, or dream lucidly...

Unless i am expected to starve myself and freeze my nuts off in the wild, doing nothing but meditate, in which case, keep your astral world to yourselves. its not worth suffering over.

Brain damage? Check.

Just because I am intelligent and aware does not mean I am not brain damaged.

It is an affliction not an insult.

Permanent tinnitus is one symptom of an acute strike to the base of my skull.

Ouch, lost my money then. though I meant a damaged Pineal gland when I said brain damage but whatever it's all wired.

And if you'd care to share on the strike to the base of your skull, I am most interested.

But the fluoride came earlier in life and I've only recently learned that it could have a negative impact on spiritual sight.

And it is the only explanation that i have come across that might explain why i am so perpetually unable to see clearly, or dream lucidly...

Unless i am expected to starve myself and freeze my nuts off in the wild, doing nothing but meditate, in which case, keep your astral world to yourselves. its not worth suffering over.

Never heard of fluoride affecting one's spiritual sight/pineal gland, and now that you've mentioned it, I can't help but to think about all of those conspiracy theories and general tinfoil-hattery arround fluoridated water. Those dang 'ol illuminati closing our third eye.

Any source you can quote on this subject though? I'd like to know more.

eeeh, it was something i briefed across here on the forums...

Something to the effect, i think, that fluoride causes calcification in the pineal gland?
TBH, i cannot use a search function to save my life, and TTB has a powerfully useless search function... :lol:

I cant even use google, so wtf?

I am sure if there is information on it, it can be found... me? im a lazy and good for nothing bum, my energies are constantly dedicated to matters outside my own life... If it is about me, it's not my problem :lol:

• Like 1

Well, don't get too caught up by the colors of the light because that's not the real essence of the third eye. The essence of the third eye is to allow you to see, feel, dream, and think beyond yourself. In both good and bad situations. One night you may be encountering some spiritual being and the next night you may find yourself dealing with a whole new moral issue. Issues that you haven't thought or encountered before. For an example, witnessing yourself killed in a battlefield (possibility how you died with your past life self). Or locked up in a prison with some inmates calling you "brother." Like, how did you end up in a prison? You need a proper grounding to deal with what the third eye can reveal to you. Otherwise, you will lose it.

Mime was opened the same night I had my Kundalini energy rising, at 18. In my late 30s right now. The color hasn't changed much, white/bluish. This light is the color of the Chi energy. The light itself isn't the actual third eye. 99% of the time I see this light only when my chi is circulating in my body.

The only thing I am regretting is that my third eye does not exhibit its power when I am awakened. Shame... Only during meditation (seeing flashes of beings--people faces, monks, and recently female faces--and animal eyes in the past too). And in my dreams.

• Like 3

Guest Jason Croft

Idiots look to drugs for awareness and get blindness for their efforts.

The information you search for is in the ancient books - beginning with -The Secret of the Golden flower

Learn to read before you loose all the abilities that nature has given you.

LSD is the synthetic form of a chemical that transmits messages between brain cells - as it is a synthetic of the actual chemical that is limited by nature- it creates the illusions by blinding the person through speeding up the isotonic forms existing within the person's brain to the point of utter confusion.

Once the drug junkie has taken the chemical - it takes more than 30 years to get the chemical out of their system - 30 years of flashbacks.

I worked for 4 years with drug addicts in a hospital - we had to search all visitors and their family for clothes hangers - as the junkies would use them to hang themselves so as to get out of the mental hell that they could not control any other way - 30 years of it.......

i dont believe in anything synthetic or pill form...
I do smoke pot if/when available, but i cannot discern negative effects, except by external interference (apprehension), and i dont go trying to get stoned. if i do, i do, if i dont, i dont.

Drugs aside, what can be done to help improve the third eye/pineal function?

LSD opens doors in the mind which never close.

It's over 20 years since I first took it and I never had anything other than positive mind blowing experiences with it in the 10 years I regularly took it. It definitely changed me for the better. Not that I advocate drug use, everyone's different.

LSD opens doors in the mind which never close.

Those doors are closed for most people?

It's over 20 years since I first took it and I never had anything other than positive mind blowing experiences with it in the 10 years I regularly took it. It definitely changed me for the better. Not that I advocate drug use, everyone's different.

In what way are you better off on account of LSD?

• Like 1