Formless Tao

Is John Chang really that hard to find and train with?

After watching John Chang on YouTube recently and then reading the Magus Of Java I decided to do some research about him and send sms to my Chinese Indonesian wife's family in Indo to see if they had heard of him. I received 2 replys that said they have never heard of him But I did not give up, I sent the YouTube video to one of my wife's uncle's who watched da video and sent me an sms back saying he knows John Chang but he is known by another name. Chinese Indonesians have their Indo names but also go by their Chinese names when with other Chinese. The uncle advised me that John Chang had been to his place on a number of occasions to work on my wife's Grandfather, (Kungkung) and da uncle I was in touch with. It turns out that my wife is related to John Chang by marriage and John Chang's niece staying with me in Melbourne last year and will be coming again to visit at the end of this year. I was married in Indo, lived and worked their for more than a year and I can speak Indo. As I visit Indonesia once a year and have stayed in John Chang's city on numerous occasions staying with the uncle, my next visit I will set up a consultation with the man known to the west as The Magus Of Java ; Dynamo Jack ; John Chang... BTW my mother is a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor and I have been studying Philosophy for the last 13 years. My favourite though is Taoism.

• Like 6

Awesome -- so you've checked out John Chang's student Jim McMillan's info on youtube, etc. There's tons of threads here about John Chang but I don't know the latest - just that Jim tried to see John Chang but then John disappeared for business upon Jim's arrival....

So it might help since you fit culturally the tradition of John Chang as that seems to be a limiting factor....

be sure to let us know if he decides to train you

i also have a indonesian GF and also live in melbourne and very familiar with surubaya. I plan to do the exsact same thing your doing next time im there. I might send you a message or too for more info later if you dont mind?:)

No I haven't checked out Jim McMillan yet. I will let u all know how I go. U can message if u like. I was advised by da uncle that John Chang does not open his practice anymore, but for family it may be a different story. I will only be able to meet with John Chang if it is my destiny to. To train under him is a completely different story, I would need to be worthy of John Chang and I don't know if I am...plus time and money, which are a lot easier...

• Like 1

No I haven't checked out Jim McMillan yet. I will let u all know how I go. U can message if u like. I was advised by da uncle that John Chang does not open his practice anymore, but for family it may be a different story. I will only be able to meet with John Chang if it is my destiny to. To train under him is a completely different story, I would need to be worthy of John Chang and I don't know if I am...plus time and money, which are a lot easier...

Yeah Jim has posted on this forum and he has been very friendly about responding to emails. Sounds awesome!

Thanks Pythagoreanfulllotus. In 2008 in indonesia I met 2 ex Chinese Shoalin monks who were travelling from island to island trying to heal rich Chinese for money, with their Chi Gong, herbal medicine, acupunture, massage and cupping. What I witnessed was quite amazing and got me even more interested in this topic. Plus they checked me over with their Chi Gong and I was shocked with what was translated to me from Mandarin to Indonesian and then to English...

• Like 1

Thanks Pythagoreanfulllotus. In 2008 in indonesia I met 2 ex Chinese Shoalin monks who were travelling from island to island trying to heal rich Chinese for money, with their Chi Gong, herbal medicine, acupunture, massage and cupping. What I witnessed was quite amazing and got me even more interested in this topic. Plus they checked me over with their Chi Gong and I was shocked with what was translated to me from Mandarin to Indonesian and then to English...

That's fantastic. Yeah I was just PMing about how my qigong friend had a qigong master -- shrink a tumor 85% over the phone -- speaker phone - so he heard it all. The dude had a six inch tumor almost disappear just in one phone call probably lasted 10 minutes....

After watching John Chang on YouTube recently and then reading the Magus Of Java I decided to do some research about him and send sms to my Chinese Indonesian wife's family in Indo to see if they had heard of him.

That is wonderful!

I hope yuanfeng will be with you and you make good contact and rapport with the Java Magus.

I await further development and wish you luck and goodwill.

May the Magus speak to us through you at later stage.

Taoistic Idiot

• Like 1

Xiexie Shan Lung. The 2 ex Shoalin monks got the extended family of about 20 people to line up. The elder more advanced monk closed the door got into horse stance, began moving his Chi whilst moving both hands up and down at the same time, then shouted something and flipped on his head against the door with both hands holding him up for balance. The monk then flipped back on to his feet again and started shocking us all one by one with his finger on our necks. One by one each person yelled as they felt the warm Chi zap them. After about four people he came to my wife and then I. The monk put his finger to my neck and instantly I felt the warm zap. I moved uncomfortably and went ahh and the monk stopped and moved onto the next member of the family. (This later reminded me of John Chang in the YouTube video.) He then went to personally work on my wife's Popo as I watched. The monk told us that he could fry an egg on his bare hand with his Chi. I asked what else he could fry through a family member and he said he could also cook a fish on his bare hand. I was amazed and did not ask at that time to see proof because coming from a martial arts background I was more interested in asking him about Dim Mak aka the (death touch). I asked about Dim Mak through the family member again and he did not answer my question of whether he could do it or nor directly but said... I am able with the Chi to kill a chicken, there are good and bad purposes that it could be used for. I was meaning against another human ie the rumours surrounding Bruce Lee's death, but I didn't press any further. I later asked about if the monk could demonstrate the frying of the egg on his hand and the monk said that if he fried an egg on his hand he would lose all of his Chi power as it would drain him and he would need to rest and meditate for a week to regain his Chi power. Then it was my turn for an examination...

• Like 1

The Shoalin monk then took my pointer finger and pressed on my nail for it felt like a minute or so. He the spoke in mandarin to the family member who translated to Indonesian, which was then translated to English because at the time my Indonesian was still quite ordinary. The monk said that I had a weakness with my left wrist, lower left groin area and my ears. To my astonishment I had had an operation on my left wrist to remove a Ganglean, an operation on my left groin for a hernia and 4 operations on both ears combined to fix ear infections with plastic ear drums. I was absolutely awe struck as he couldn't have known about it because only my wife knew about it and both her and I couldn't speak Mandarin, so we didn't tell him. I believe that he could feel blockages of Chi in these 3 areas that were operated on. Apparently I was advised by family that alot of Chi Kung monks come to Indonesia to do TCM to make money from wealthy Chinese Indonesian families as I stated in my earlier post.

• Like 1

Wow your experience report is better than any kungfu movie I've seen!

2008? I heard that Shaolin was just the superficial training now. Chunyi Lin trained at Shaolin with Master Yau and I think that was maybe in the 90s but I'm not sure. It might be in his book.

Yeah so the way he read your blockages -- Chunyi Lin does this all the time just even on the free podcast interviews -- there should still be some online....

oh I think they're behind paywall now -- the last one was with Shifra of the Quantum Healing but those are then sold later on....

http://podroom.a2zen.fm/podcasts/krystalya-marie-energy-healing/balance-your-energy-using-qigong-with-chunyi-lin-o#.UVhEpVdhuSo

Oh yeah here's one from a year ago!

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/03/another-new-chunyi-lin-podcast.html

hmm so she will have people call in for energy readings....

Some shows he does it -- others he doesn't. So we'll see.

Yeah -- just forward it to 30 minutes and he starts "seeing" people's blockages and then healing them --

• Like 1

Cheers, yes 2008. I dont know about being superficial training. All I heard was that real shaolin monks are not allowed to leave their temple and perform, unlike the touring shaolin monks who perform country to country for money, bur I may be wrong...

• Like 1

BTW Pythagoreanfulllotus, the youtube clips I saw on Jim McMillan are just voice recordings of interviews with him. Are there actual videos of him with John Chang? Is he on the main video of the youtube clip titled new John Chang footage which is like just over 9 minutes long?

BTW Pythagoreanfulllotus, the youtube clips I saw on Jim McMillan are just voice recordings of interviews with him. Are there actual videos of him with John Chang? Is he on the main video of the youtube clip titled new John Chang footage which is like just over 9 minutes long?

Actually he's not in that 9 minute overview which is an outtake from the Blair brothers Indonesia tour movie....

So that above is the first Jim vid that was on youtube - the demo of his telekinesis. But he says he had to rely on John Chang creating a yin energy field for him to use. But then you probably heard the interview where he describes this - how he tested the telekinesis again on his own in the bathroom and still could do it so he thinks that John Chang's energy field went into the bathroom also. haha. Also Jim says that to do the telekinesis he has to feel just like he's going to take a crap. So that's definitely a diaphgram downward pressure.

Yeah when Jim posted on here then I PMd him and he responded..... I thought maybe even an email but I don't think so. Still I thought he had an email contact out there somewhere.

Thanks again and nice video. Does anyone know when this footage was shot? Also are their anymore videos on YouTube with John Chang and Jim McMillan? I agree with the downward pressure like going to the toilet moving the Chi around the body. I believe it would need to be concentrated on a particular area or object in my opinion.

After reading a few old posts on John I'm sure he does not need western peoples money. The most important thing in my opinion would be to use his healing abilities to help everyday sick people.

I am almost certain that John Chang and/or one of his family, students, friends watches over the conversations on this forum anonymously. If I was John I would, its called intel. Most likely the later... If you are, Apa kabar...

Whats funny is my wife a couple of years back told me of a story her father told her of a man he knew of in Indonesia that could jump/leap unaided very high, higher than any normal man could (metres high). I scoffed and laughed it off when I heard it saying that it was impossible as it defyed the laws of gravity, but after watching the John Chang Video and videos on Levitation, now im not so sure I was correct.

Plus my Indian auntie after I showed her the John Chang video told me of a story of a man she saw with her bare eyes levitating in India.

I know dont believe anything is impossible...plus in the Magus of Java Kosta Danaoas touched on levitation briefing with John Chang...

• Like 2

After reading the Magus of Java I am know reading Opening the Dragon Gate. Whilst reading this later book I have had two dreams that I met the same man in Indonesia who was trying to heal a small boy with his Chi, nei gong. In both dreams his power is so strong that not to hurt the boy he puts the boy in a car and through the car door he starts his nei gong whilst he is standing outside the car. Both times the car door buckles partially under the chi power and then goes into the boy whom seems indifferent. Then the Indonesian man talks to me in Indonesian but I cant seem to make out what he's trying to say to me when I wake up. He doesnt look like John Chang but I wonder if my dream is implying him or not. Plus who is the small sick boy in the car.....?

Sounds like the boy in the John chang vid is coming out subconsciously in your dream. Now sure about the car door. haha. Yeah the training in the Wang Liping book is very much like Chunyi Lin -- even the yin yang water. Also Chunyi Lin said he levitated up 9 feet -- spiraling in full lotus - when he was in deep meditation in the mountains in china. Also the Theravadin meditation master of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun -- his biography is free online -- so his meditation friend also is levitating -- in that book.

Anyway in India there is a fake levitation trick on youtube so it's possible your relative so that - they sit in a platform suspended on a rod - hidden under their robe, etc.

But who knows -- ? I mean real levitation is very very rare but the skeptics assume it's fake just because there are fakers out there. haha. There's a show of a dude going to Tibet to see a famous levitating monk but he's a fake also.

About Chunyi Lin. I received training in Spring Forest Chi Kung from Chunyi at a workshop for psychotherapists in Washington, DC 6 years ago. He asked people to stand up who had an ailment and he then diagnosed each person telling them where their health issue was located. Later, when asked how he did it, he said that chi kung opens the third eye.

He is very down to earth and just acts like a regular guy with a good sense of humor.

• Like 4

About post #18:

Yes levitation is part of what can be learned from the Vedas of India if you have the right guru. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1970's created an advanced method to Transcendental Meditation called the TM Siddhi program. It includes the correct way to levitate using Patanjali's Yoga Sutras which have been missing the secret simple method that makes the sutras work! Maharishi restored this once lost method to its full glory. I went into a state of enlightenment when I was initiated into the Siddhis that night in 1977. In 1977 I spent the entire summer on a special project with 3,000 people doing the Siddhis program in one location at Amherst, MA and I can tell you that levitation is possible. Everyone was doing the first stage of levitation which is hopping like a frog. I should say almost everyone. The levitation sutra has never worked for me, sorry to say. We have to learn to stop judging from our limited thinking, and instead determine for yourself what is true or not from your own experiences. Seeing is believing!

• Like 1

About post #18:

Yes levitation is part of what can be learned from the Vedas of India if you have the right guru. Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in the 1970's created an advanced method to Transcendental Meditation called the TM Siddhi program. It includes the correct way to levitate using Patanjali's Yoga Sutras which have been missing the secret simple method that makes the sutras work! Maharishi restored this once lost method to its full glory. I went into a state of enlightenment when I was initiated into the Siddhis that night in 1977. In 1977 I spent the entire summer on a special project with 3,000 people doing the Siddhis program in one location at Amherst, MA and I can tell you that levitation is possible. Everyone was doing the first stage of levitation which is hopping like a frog. I should say almost everyone. The levitation sutra has never worked for me, sorry to say. We have to learn to stop judging from our limited thinking, and instead determine for yourself what is true or not from your own experiences. Seeing is believing!

So someone actually levitated at one of those things? Seen the vids of the people hopping about in cross legged, if this is the same group we are talking about.

So someone actually levitated at one of those things? Seen the vids of the people hopping about in cross legged, if this is the same group we are talking about.

hahah. Yeah sit in full lotus on real thick foam cushions and you too can hop like a frog! haha.

Still I went to Hampshire College which is in Amherst MA - or just outside it. Experimental college. No grades. Used to have nude dances.

Ummm... So maybe there's a connection. My hallmate was majoring in Buddhism and used to drop acid when it was someone's b-day - the whole hall did. He was an 8th year student. haha. Self-designed majors. I was going to look him up today actually as his name came to me.

About post #18:

Why would you abandon such a method if it were in fact as great as what you say it is?

• Like 1