Hello Taobums, I feel honoured to have joined such an interesting community of likeminded individuals. I''ve been reading different topics for some time now and I thought it was about time I joined and shared in the discussions with some of my Taoist experiences...

Hello and welcome Formless Tao.

I see that you have already been posting so am sure you are familiar with the forum rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ and have read the two pinned posts at the top of the Lobby.

Your list of interests is indeed impressive and I am sure you will find a wide range of topics to interest you here.

Best wishes,

Chang

Hi FT,

No issues and no point to get to.

Please accept a belated welcome to the Tao Bums,

Chang

• Like 3

Hi Chang,

The misunderstanding has been understood, thanks to bubbles.

My humblest apologies.

Thanks for the welcome.

In my opinion, in future, I believe it may be more beneficial to welcome someone to this forum when they actually arrive so that it doesn't cause any future misunderstandings.

My 2 cents...

The rules have been read also more than once :)

Thanks again for the welcome.

Peace,

Formless Tao

• Like 1

Hi Formless Tao.

I love your quote by Bruce Lee.

I used to take Tae Kwon Do, and I love that book, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do.

Effortlessness is a key concept for me, personally, especially when it comes to meditation. J. Krishnamurti said, "All effort to meditate is the denial of meditation." I like to sit down and just BE, without trying at all.

Anyway, ntmu and I look forward to reading your posts.

Roger

• Like 1

In my opinion, in future, I believe it may be more beneficial to welcome someone to this forum when they actually arrive so that it doesn't cause any future misunderstandings.

Hi FT,

believe that the rules have been altered a couple of times since you joined.

Whilst some established members casually used to check the Lobby now and then & welcome new members, occasionally people were "missed" and once they'd fallen off the first page, they were easily overlooked. Profuse Apologies.

It is now our intention to check / before approving new members & then welcome each & every one to the Tao Bums. With a gentle reminder regarding the "pinned" posts.

Basher

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

Hi FT,believe that the rules have been altered a couple of times since you joined. Whilst some established members casually used to check the Lobby now and then & welcome new members, occasionally people were "missed" and once they'd fallen off the first page, they were easily overlooked. Profuse Apologies. It is now our intention to check / before approving new members & then welcome each & every one to the Tao Bums. With a gentle reminder regarding the "pinned" posts. Basher

Hi Basher,

Yes it sounds like a much better idea...

Cheers

Hi Formless Tao. I love your quote by Bruce Lee. I used to take Tae Kwon Do, and I love that book, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do. Effortlessness is a key concept for me, personally, especially when it comes to meditation. J. Krishnamurti said, "All effort to meditate is the denial of meditation." I like to sit down and just BE, without trying at all. Anyway, ntmu and I look forward to reading your posts. Roger

Hi Roger,

Yes one of many favourite quotes of mine from Bruce Lee.

I used to train in Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do, but I preferred the flow of JKD.

Bruce Lee and the Tao of Jeet Kune Do started me on my philosophical journey that I love so much. It was my first taste of Taoism, Buddhism and other philosophical concepts and ways

Cheers, FT