Mark Saltveit

Can there be such a thing as a Nazi Dao?

Not the intent Cheping. You're in no way obliged to respond to my thinking out loud:-)

I am glad you thought out loud and we all should think out loud to bring about a better world. I don't feel obligated at all to reply but love to do it. I am like my dog, a predator at heart, and come alive at the slightest movement of the prey. Let's hope what I see twitching and pounce on in the tall grass is not the tip of the tail of a tiger.

Wow, I feel like Hitler surrounded by Allied Forces: Apech, K and Samurai.

In that case you are about to be defeated

I am seeing things as they really are. What is real to me is not real to you and vice versa. The proper way of social discourse to avoid conflict is recognize this and don't force your worldview on me. I think you are foolish but I must not force you to accept my point of view even though I can easily prove my case through clever argument. Hitler did not suffer fools and had no time for arguments. Strong people are like that.

Hitler did try to force his worldview on everybody. I don't see this as strong but weak in the sense that he could not tolerate the existence of different views.

You see what you like to see. You identify with the weak and that's ok. I have seen The Seven Samurai and I see a different moral to that narrative. What you consider as the strong is not my idea of strength. Westerners would equate the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang with the western perception of the weak and the strong. That equation is wrong math. This is not a matter of difference in worldviews but rank arrogance. Chinese thought is inaccessible to simple minds.

I don't identify with the weak. I see weak and strong as two poles of the same thing. So without weak there is no strong, without strong there is no weak. They are dualist concepts and values. Simple means 'without folds' so if my mind is without unnecessary ambiguity then so be it ... I am simple.

The label "Nazis" connotes hatefulness. I would rather not use this label but you are free to do so. Hitler's ideology may not appeal to you but that doesn't mean that his weltanschauung is flawed. Ideas need to be sold the way successful American businesses sell their products to the market. Hitler was successful in selling his ideology to the German people who gave him tremendous support to wield phenomenal national power in Europe. Hitler tried to sell his ideology to and got impatient with Churchill. So he decided not to suffer the fool and proceeded to brutalize him and his allies into submission.

But they did not submit. This is a historical fact. So his decision was flawed.

The German people are indeed a strong race. In less than 65 years after total destruction by Allied Forces, Germany is now the most powerful economy in Europe. The rest of Europe are on the brink of financial collapse. The story of the German race is not over yet.

Yes they rebuilt their economy with the aid of the Marshall Plan a deliberate policy of the USA to prevent war.

How do I treat the weak well? I don't pay them minimum wage and always give them a good tip. I don't lord over them and keep them at a respectful distance. They have their places and I have mine. Any intent on their part to cross the divide is politely snuffed out even before they make the attempt and they are fired. Sun Tzu's strategy is effective in stopping conflict before it begins. On my part, I never reach across the class border the way Bill Clinton and Dominic Strauss Kahn did. Bad moves.

How many people do you employ?

You have no idea how complex that relationship is. To see it as just a matter of the strong and the weak is to be superficial. I view people differently. It's not just strong and weak. There are strong winners and strong losers. There are also weak winners and weak losers. I know that is perplexing to you. Chinese thought is not as superficial as you think. I will give you a clue to what I mean.

This does not perplex me at all.

A strong loser is a bad person who makes it in this world. Your idea of a bad person is different from mine. My idea of a strong loser would be Cain who killed Abel in the Bible story.

Cain murdered his brother and then lied about it. What is strong about that?

And a weak winner is a good person who doesn't make it in this world. My idea of a weak winner would be Jesus Christ.

Why don't you share your worldview and tell me who would be your idea of a strong loser and a weak winner?

I don't see jesus as weak ... although I am not a christian.

Oh, I do want you to share your views with me. I am culturally curious even though I don't cross the divide that separates me from others. And you are welcome to give criticisms and take apart my worldview in any fashion you choose. I believe in freedom of expression even though no society, including the land of the free (aka America), allows this. I understand that this forum has its rules about people getting upset in discussion. If you get upset and need to sock it to me even in foul language, please do it through private messaging to avoid upsetting the mods.

I'm not upset ... I haven't been upset ... I know the rules.

I look forward to a good discussion. And now, I need to deal with the other components of the Allied Forces, namely K and Samurai. Unlike Hitler, I intend to win the war. I wished Hitler had read Sun Tzu before he sent his panzers into Russia.

His invasion of Russia when still fighting England was an example of his lack of intelligence. He was a weak loser by your definition.

I am glad you thought out loud and we all should think out loud to bring about a better world. I don't feel obligated at all to reply but love to do it. I am like my dog, a predator at heart, and come alive at the slightest movement of the prey. Let's hope what I see twitching and pounce on in the tall grass is not the tip of the tail of a tiger.

No tiger here:-)

I think I've met someone who speaks like you do before. So I'll bow out.

No tiger here:-) I think I've met someone who speaks like you do before. So I'll bow out.

Ok then, K. I respect your wish to avoid confrontation. But keep thinking aloud. I need to listen in on your conscience even if I am not allowed to confront it.

Please understand that confrontation should not be equated with conflict. Avoidance of conflict is wise. Avoidance of confrontation is cowardice, a form of corruption.

Hitler did try to force his worldview on everybody. I don't see this as strong but weak in the sense that he could not tolerate the existence of different views.

Tell me, who can tolerate living under the oppression of a different viewpoint? Humans are political animals. They push each other around all the time either as individuals or as a mob. Democracy is actually mobocracy: majority rules. It's the same in gangland where triads, yakuzas and mafias either carve out territories or fight to the death like political parties in national elections.

You see an unwillgness to tolerate as weakness while I see it as strength. But strength of character has to be based on truth for one to be a winner.

I don't identify with the weak. I see weak and strong as two poles of the same thing. So without weak there is no strong, without strong there is no weak. They are dualist concepts and values. Simple means 'without folds' so if my mind is without unnecessary ambiguity then so be it ... I am simple.

You may say you don't identify with the weak but you are weak. By weakness I mean you cannot call the shots and have to live in submission to undignified conditions that you tolerate. I am weak too because I also have to live in an undignified way. It irks me each time I go through immigration on my travels. I feel like a criminal getting processed at check points as I transfer from one prison to another. It's unfortunate but necessary because we humans are potential criminals.

A simple mind is one that cannot process complex ideas. Your concept of duality is simplistic. A simple mind is meant for a simple life swinging about in the forest or living out your time in a nursing home. Ideally, human life should be simple and meant to be simple. But we live in a complex world.

But they did not submit. This is a historical fact. So his decision was flawed.

Just because they did not submit doesn't mean they were not flawed. Do you believe that might is right? The High Priests and Pharisees didn't submit to Jesus' teaching either and made him pay for it by nailing him to the cross. Was Jesus flawed?

Yes they rebuilt their economy with the aid of the Marshall Plan a deliberate policy of the USA to prevent war.

Come on, man. The Marshall Plan was an initiation of the Cold War with the Soviet Union. And the decision to dismantle Germany was reversed when everyone realized that without Germany, the reconstruction of Europe to counter Soviet domination of Europe was impossible. (Hitler saw that coming way before anyone did!) Anyway, we are off topic here.

How many people do you employ?

Directly? None. I don't believe in employee/employer relationship. I don't want Occupiers in my house.

This does not perplex me at all.

Apparently so. Do you think this mess of a world perplex anyone? 99% are struggling to survive, 50% living in abject poverty and endemic diseases. Poltical conflict everywhere. I pratice wu-wei and have no intention to sort you out.

Cain murdered his brother and then lied about it. What is strong about that?

Cain got his way, didn't he? Anytime, anyone can step on your head and squish it in the mud and there is not a thing you can do about it, that is a strong person (doing, what I believe, the wrong thing). When the wrong people get to become strong, the weak suffers. This doesn't mean that the weak cannot be wrong also.

I don't see jesus as weak ... although I am not a christian.

He got pushed around and killed. Isn't that weak? I'm not talking about strength of character which Jesus certainly had. I cannot believe that a man that wise got clubbed by the foolish. There is something screwy about the story. Actually, I don't believe it other than the wise things Jesus said in the Gospels.

If you got caught in an alley and two bruisers set upon you, are you weak if you get your head smashed in, ribcage crushed and you just let them pulverize you?

I'm not upset ... I haven't been upset ... I know the rules.

Same here.

Edited by chenping

Well Chenping ... you go your way and I'll go mine.

No, I don't go my way. I stand firm. You go your way.

Two down and one to go. Samurai, you're next to fall.

Edited by chenping

No, I don't go my way. I stand firm. You go your way.

Apech and chenping meet in the middle of a narrow bridge.

chenping: "I don't make way for fools!"

Apech: "I do." (backs up)

:P^_^:D

• Like 1

Actually, I didn't meet anyone in the middle of the bridge. I do my own thing and mind my own business. People just get in my face. Like this:

Apech and chenping meet in the middle of a narrow bridge.

chenping: "I don't make way for fools!"

Apech: "I do." (backs up)

:P^_^:D

Even better will be to do what I have done.

I threw chenping into my dustbin of ignore so I never have to see him and the rubbish that he sprouted anymore.

He and chidragon go well together.

From time to time bits of his stuff came through in quotations of his stuff. I am glad I did what I have done.

I feel closer to the Tao that way.

He and chidragon go well together.

Why are you being harsh on Chidragon? He is a good Taoist.

I have never understood your unhappiness with Singapore. Any Taoist would be happy living there. I visited the Botanical Gardens last weekend and I thought of you. Why run away to third-world Taiping to be close to nature when you have the Botanical Gardens in a well-run first-world city?