YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#18 ChiDragon

ChiDragon

無為道人

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7466 posts
  • Interests:A Semi-Taoist, understand Chinese fluently, who practiced Tai Chi and Chi Kung with noticeable significant results. Especially, interested in acupressure and had performed on myself and wife to cure minor body pains. Study the true meanings of the Tao Te Ching by doing its translation into English.

Interested in finding and demystify ancient ambiguous ineffable concepts in correlation with modern scientific knowledge.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

And I could argue that the Earth is trying to achieve balance but I won't because that would be suggesting that there is intent and in those cases there really is no intent. Wu wei.

I thought that was enough said already.

靜觀其變 以靜制動
Beware of the unexpected silently
Handle adversity with calmness

Posted Image

#19 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 35584 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I thought that was enough said already.

Yep.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#20 Mal

Mal

supererogate

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6415 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi & Tong Long

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Ni raises to me is that 'virtue' (De) is developed by the dissolving.  It naturally comes about, not by effort but by letting go. 

I like this point, I have a tendance to think of practices as something to be done. But it's really the natural way (I confess there is nothing to teach) and the teachings are only there to lead us back to what is natural. Natural is easy, and it only stops being easy when it's something forced.
KAP

bye for now
Mal - artmgs@yahoo.com
You are not what you think you are. But what you think... you are.
"Don't think.....feel" Bruce Lee | "Feel.....don't think" Qui-Gon Jinn

#21 manitou

manitou

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4210 posts
  • Interests:Living without the chattering

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I like this point, I have a tendance to think of practices as something to be done. But it's really the natural way (I confess there is nothing to teach) and the teachings are only there to lead us back to what is natural. Natural is easy, and it only stops being easy when it's something forced.

I like the second part of the quote ; It naturally comes about, not by effort but by letting go.

A Buddhist would say letting go of attachments, which would necessitate examining one's own reason for the attachment and acting thereupon to remove the attachment.

A self-realization path would accomplish the same, but by examining one's own defects within character which impede clarity.

A shamanic path would involve a recapitulation that both involved removing that which impairs the vision, and seeking those pivotal moments of time within one's own life which directed the inner direction.

A Taoist would develop the attributes of the Sage by self-development which would result in possession of the three treasures, certainly a journey through ego.

A Yogi would understand the nature of the animal natures within us; to seek them out, to separate ourselves from the particular trait in question, to achieve clarity.

The mystic mysteries as understood by the Essenes would have the seeker Know Thyself; a proposition that would utilize any or all of the above.

At any rate, it does appear that Virtue is developed by the dissolving.  Dissolving of all the extraneous character traits and tendencies within us which impede our communication with the Tao/Essence/God/Great Spirit/Brahma/Buddha/Savior which resides at the very base of our personality.  The pony under the pile.  It is found by dissolving the dross.

• cheya said thanks for this

Joy is the Dao.

-The mysterious dancer in the black cowboy hat-

#22 Mal

Mal

supererogate

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6415 posts
  • Interests:Tai Chi & Tong Long

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

The master told the prince and all the followers, "All of my friends and disciples should attune their minds to all life and hold no antagonism towards any living thing whether if be born of womb, egg, moisture or any other kind of transformation; whether it can think or is unable to think; whether it has form or is formless.You should dissolve all discrimination of individuality and absorb all things into a harmonious oneness.. All lives are one life that can be called the One Great Universal Life.

"Virtue is developed by highly evolved people who embrace all people and things and dispel the darkness which isolate them. Although innumerable lives are illuminated, highly evolved people do not think that they have helped anyone, because to them the world is synonymous with oneself and one's self is the world. One who is aware of the whole really helps others. Why is this so? Kind prince, if one still holds the divisive mental concepts of self and others, male and female, longevity and brevity  life and death, and so on without end, then one does not have an all-embracing awareness of the Universal Life."

Ni's HHC 3

Edited by Mal Stainkey, 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

KAP

bye for now
Mal - artmgs@yahoo.com
You are not what you think you are. But what you think... you are.
"Don't think.....feel" Bruce Lee | "Feel.....don't think" Qui-Gon Jinn

#23 JustARandomPanda

JustARandomPanda

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Those who wish to embody the Tao should embrace all things. To embrace all things means first that one holds no anger or resistance toward any idea or thing, living or dead, formed or formless. Acceptance is the very essence of the Tao. To embrace all things means also that one rids oneself of any concept of separation; male and female, self and other, life and death. Division is contrary to the nature of the Tao. Foregoing antagonism and separation, one enters in the harmonious oneness of all things.

Translated by Brian Browne Walker
http://brianbrownewa...m/hua-hu-ching/

I love the above paragraph. Have you ever tried to push it to its logical conclusion - even just as an experiment? It's rather interesting to walk around and see what happens when you do.

#24 流浪者

流浪者

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Taoism, Shamanism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sacred Texts, Philosophy, Mathematics, Music, Art

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

A few relevant quotes:

"Expect nothing, Accept everything"

"How do you get rid of the pain of not having an expectation met? You get rid of expectations"

"Respect existence or expect resistance"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users