#129 Seeker of Wisdom

Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:56 AM

Actually I'm not "invoking" a "person".

My post was a response to someone who was also sceptical about Chundi, but had been viewing the mantra only as an invocation-type thing where someone is actually asking Chundi for help, like theistic worship.

I was just presenting my view, not stating categorically that Chundi doesn't exist or that there aren't ways of using the mantra considering Chundi to be an actual being other than as an invocation.

If I end up knowing Chundi exists, I will update my understanding to something more like yours.

But I definitely have to say that I have contact to some very cool and beautiful being on the astral plane who helps greatly by working on my energy system. If you should look for him, he's looking more like an androgynous male to me :)

Oh, and usually he appears in a form with two arms. I sometimes also see him in a form with .. more .. arms, BUT that still scares me.

That's really interesting. :D Has he said anything?

Of course that should not inhibit anyone of regarding that mantra as some more "transcendental" thing - actually it works on MANY levels simultanously. For me it's just a strange thought that you never seem to have direct contact to or perception of that being like I do, for he's quite active in working on me, would be really hard not to notice that to some degree :P

How long had you been chanting for before this started happening? I've been trying to do it whenever I've not been focused on something else for about 16 months.

Do you tend to see similar stuff often? Maybe my 3rd eye is just too clogged right now.

#130 Yascra

Yascra

Dao Bum

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:http://thetaobums.com/topic/35237-no-women-dont-lack-consciousness/#entry554407

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

That's really interesting. :D Has he said anything?

I would say he rarely speaks, but he tends to smile in a very friendly way :)

How long had you been chanting for before this started happening? I've been trying to do it whenever I've not been focused on something else for about 16 months.

Do you tend to see similar stuff often? Maybe my 3rd eye is just too clogged right now.

I don't know what about my 3rd eye, but I tend to feel and see a lot of things. Though I have to say, very often I have problems to trust those perceptions of mine.

Well, that's the point of it. I don't count that mantra you know, and I rarely chant loudly, more silently or in my mind. But actually he appeared right when I started that practice.
I have to say that I have had quite a connection to Avalokiteshvara as well long before.

One day you might just open your eyes on that level and see him sitting right in front of you :D

Edited by Yascra, 10 April 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#131 Seeker of Wisdom

Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

Cool. I'll keep at it. :)

#132 dmattwads

dmattwads

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1771 posts
  • Interests:TCM (currently student), Buddhism

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

This month I've been doing this mantra almost exclusively and often. I've noticed that after doing a few hours worth of this mantra that I get very tired and have to pee a lot, and sometimes almost feel feverish. Is this normal?  

#133 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

Edited by DAO rain TAO, 25 May 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#134 quadberry

quadberry

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

Hey, I am curious if anyone from this original thread (or anyone else) has maintained the Cundi / Zhunti mantra practice? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences?

This is an interesting dharma door that seems quite rare for Western native English speakers, and besides Bill Bodri's (extremely helpful) online promulgation of Nan Huai-Chin's recommendation of the mantra, it seems the only western audience this practice receives is in certain Chan schools (Master Hsuan Hua and Master Sheng Yen come to mind) where the practice seems either somewhat selective, or limited, to a degree. Though I am not yet affiliated with either of their schools so honestly I really can't say what degree Cundi is practiced. (That said, I've seen an account of the late Master Sheng Yen recommending 200,000 repetitions to a lay student in order for the student to remove obstacles to ordination...and of course it worked.) 

I've really just started not too long ago and my experience is echoing some of the earlier reports here, particularly physical symptoms like pains in heart region that come and go, a more compassionate attitude, the brining up of old emotional issues, some high fever episodes and the flaring of some chronic health conditions I have. It's all been very strange and encouraging, and I was hoping this online sangha had more to share on the topic.

And sorry to revive an old thread, I'm new here, but I thought it made sense to keep the majority of the related information in one spot for future Cundi / Zhunti internet researchers like myself.

#135 dmattwads

dmattwads

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:11 PM

I've noticed that I can direct the mantra to help me work out Karma just as Brodi says. A couple years ago I used it to improve my relationship Karma as all my relationships I had tended to be very bad and now I have a very good one. Lately I've been using it to improve my money and success Karma and I noticed at the beginning all kinds of little petty money problems started popping up but I now recognize this as the Mantra working out my bad karma so it can be done with. I've also found it to be very effective for protection from evil spirits.

#136 taoguy

taoguy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

How do you guys chant the mantra? Do you do mudras or just silently recite it from the heart? Or verbally?

#137 dmattwads

dmattwads

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1771 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

I've never used the mudra before. But I chant it two ways. I will chant it out loud and I will also chant it mentally in my head. Sometimes I will even listen to it being chanted on YouTube.

#138 megamorphg

megamorphg

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:immortality, buddhist enlightenment, jing-chi-shen transformation, attaining the tripikaya, pua connections to the tao, public health, medicine

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:37 AM

How do you guys chant the mantra? Do you do mudras or just silently recite it from the heart? Or verbally?

Hey, I am curious if anyone from this original thread (or anyone else) has maintained the Cundi / Zhunti mantra practice? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences?

I have been practicing on and off for the past decade.

You can do it with varying degrees but the more you do it according to the Master Nan's instructions... the more ideal.

http://meditationexp...lightenment.htm

At the minimum I would recommend saying it out loud with the proper mudra.

Anything less and you won't feel the effect as strong.

I will sometimes integrate other visualizations into the (already) complex visualization such as skeleton meditation and duck

egg.

I think after 100,000 recitations I had a connection and even when I don't practice for a while and come back to it again... I feel the effect. It's a good feeling in the chest and an easy smile. A glowing light from within. Even when I just think of the mantra and am not saying anything, this feeling now arises. I have a long ways to go though and have had only a couple of dreams in the past 10 years of zhunti, both dreams ecstatic and pretty nice. I think concentrated practice is the way to go when more serious but if not feeling it any minimal practice will do!

This is an interesting dharma door that seems quite rare for Western native English speakers, and besides Bill Bodri's (extremely helpful) online promulgation of Nan Huai-Chin's recommendation of the mantra, it seems the only western audience this practice receives is in certain Chan schools (Master Hsuan Hua and Master Sheng Yen come to mind) where the practice seems either somewhat selective, or limited, to a degree. Though I am not yet affiliated with either of their schools so honestly I really can't say what degree Cundi is practiced. (That said, I've seen an account of the late Master Sheng Yen recommending 200,000 repetitions to a lay student in order for the student to remove obstacles to ordination...and of course it worked.) 

I do feel that the community of Zhunti practitioners is relatively unknown and disconnected, even though many do practice variants

I just now started a group called "Cundi Bodhisattvas" and am adding those few I know who practice it... feel free to join and be a moderator:

https://www.facebook...25318251002375/

Edited by megamorphg, 10 December 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#139 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1502 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

mudra_cundi.jpg

"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

#140 C T

C T

Gap Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7485 posts
  • Interests:Charlie's Tango..
    November's Echo

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

mudra_cundi.jpg

this mudra, when perfected, has the power to cut through even the densest negative energies, or ward off unwanted visits from the twilight zone. 

• Apeiron&Peiron, Kar3n and Fa Xin said thanks for this

Om svabhava shuddha sarva dharma svabhava shuddho 'ham!
Om shunyata jnana vajra svabhava atmako 'ham! 
Om ah hum hra phat!
Om muni muni mahamuni Shakyamuniye svaha! 

Appearances are mind, mind is emptiness, emptiness is spontaneous presence, spontaneous presence is self-liberation.
(9th Karmapa)

The objects perceived by sentient beings 

are like the appearance of illusions;

Sentient beings themselves are in the nature of illusion

they all arise through dependent origination. - Nagarjuna

#141 taoguy

taoguy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:33 PM

I've been chanting this mantra and I must say it is very efficacious in bringing out joy. My heart, and especially the back of my head often has blissfulness to the point of orgasm. And this is just by maintaining the cundi mantra throughout the entire day, so I might have reached 100k a long time ago, I have no idea. Only now I'm starting to count my repetitions, but I've done this over a year already.

• C T said thanks for this

#142 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1502 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

The "om cale culi cundi svaha" part of the mantra is a heart mantra in the same way that "om mani padme hum" is a heart mantra.

"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

#143 taoguy

taoguy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

The "om cale culi cundi svaha" part of the mantra is a heart mantra in the same way that "om mani padme hum" is a heart mantra.

Om cale culi cundi svaha invokes the Five Buddhas with Vairocana in the middle. 

Om mani padme hum is the vibration of the six realms.

Not too sure, but the effects I experienced from either of them are quite different. Cundi mantra gives off a more subdued, gradual buildup of the energy in the heart, while the 6-syllables give a more blazing feeling in my experience (both in Anjali mudra or Lotus mudra).

I wouldn't simplify them like that, though I'd agree they seem to work on the heart more.

#144 lifeforce

lifeforce

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:Cultivating The Way

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

https://medium.com/v...ad86#.ta1vjhm5a

The best resource I've come across on the Cundi mantra and dharani.

Edited by lifeforce, 05 February 2017 - 11:06 AM.

• Who.am.i and Vajra Fist said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users