Seeker of Wisdom

Chundi mantra

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

you could try yellow dzambhala mantra

hahaha I was actually doing that one because I really didn't want to do Zhunti again but it just wasn't doing the trick. I reflected on how anytime something good financially had happened to me I had been doing a lot of Zhunti. So back it is again. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maddie said:

hahaha I was actually doing that one because I really didn't want to do Zhunti again but it just wasn't doing the trick. I reflected on how anytime something good financially had happened to me I had been doing a lot of Zhunti. So back it is again. 

i don’t know zhunti what’s it for?

28 minutes ago, Maddie said:

It is said to be one of the most powerful practices to change one's karama and fortune. I have never had as strong reactions to any mantra as this one. That can make it uncomfortable though. 

https://www.meditationexpert.com/meditation-techniques/m_zhunti_mantra_cultivation_technique.htm

Have you tried divination to see what needs to change to attract more customers?

32 minutes ago, Apech said:

Have you tried divination to see what needs to change to attract more customers?

I did. I drew a tarot card and got the "wheel of fortune" aka the karma card lol. So thus I Zhunti :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I did. I drew a tarot card and got the "wheel of fortune" aka the karma card lol. So thus I Zhunti :rolleyes:

Ah well - what goes around comes around.

2 minutes ago, Apech said:

Ah well - what goes around comes around.

I guess I was an asshole in a past life cause I can't think of anything I did this time around lol. 

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I guess I was an asshole in a past life cause I can't think of anything I did this time around lol. 

who wasn't?

9 minutes ago, Apech said:

who wasn't?

I mean my theory has something to do with Germany in the 1930's and 1940's type of asshole :-(

21 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I mean my theory has something to do with Germany in the 1930's and 1940's type of asshole :-(

Mein Fuhrer!  sieg heil!

13 minutes ago, Maddie said:

omg lol

Are you trying to say that genocide and a world war generates bad karma?  Who knew?

• Haha 1

I have been doing Zhunti consistently for a week this time around. Interestingly I have not experienced the usual side effects so far. 

4 hours ago, Maddie said:

I have been doing Zhunti consistently for a week this time around. Interestingly I have not experienced the usual side effects so far. 

what are the side effects?

1 minute ago, Apech said:

what are the side effects?

in the past I have experienced so many side effects. Since it digs up bad karma usually what happened was every unpleasant emotion and memory that I was trying to deny came rushing to the surface. If someone has never purged their karma before all I can say is that its not for the faint of heart and probably relates to what some people describe as the dark night of the soul. Also I would have to go to the bathroom constantly, and the more I did the mantra the more constant it was. It got to a point when I was doing a 2 week long Zhunti retreat (nothing but Zhunti mantra all day every day) that I literally had to sit on the toilet and do the mantra because it was a not stop thing. I have also experienced weird skin blisters on the ends of my heart and lung meridians. I also become extremely sensitive to other peoples emotions and intentions. I also start having really odd "memories" of events that never happened in my life time. Also I would have a long string of bad luck when doing it in the past. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Maddie said:

in the past I have experienced so many side effects. Since it digs up bad karma usually what happened was every unpleasant emotion and memory that I was trying to deny came rushing to the surface. If someone has never purged their karma before all I can say is that its not for the faint of heart and probably relates to what some people describe as the dark night of the soul. Also I would have to go to the bathroom constantly, and the more I did the mantra the more constant it was. It got to a point when I was doing a 2 week long Zhunti retreat (nothing but Zhunti mantra all day every day) that I literally had to sit on the toilet and do the mantra because it was a not stop thing. I have also experienced weird skin blisters on the ends of my heart and lung meridians. I also become extremely sensitive to other peoples emotions and intentions. I also start having really odd "memories" of events that never happened in my life time. Also I would have a long string of bad luck when doing it in the past. 

heck!

when I do sitting and forgetting I have ‘memories’ which are not my own.  Quite vivid and elaborate scenes and people which I realize I have never known or seen before. It’s quite weird.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

For many years, i would stare loosely and unfocused at a blank wall in my practice area while playing qi gong, sitting zazen or zhan zhuang.

Then one afternoon, Visions began to fill the space of the wall, incredibly vivid detailed snippets of (i assume) other's lives, moving snapshots of life would play out in full cinematic detail.  One upon another.  Entire scenes of seemingly random home life/work life.  Never considered they may have been from my own past until reading this exchange...  This persisted each time I engaged the wall with loosely focused eyes.

It was as surprising as it was unsought and... in the end unwelcome.  While charming and intriguing it was in the end mostrously distracting.  So distracting because of course my western mind was pondering how these visuals could be arising with no input but a blank white wall.  Also distracting because the storyteller wanted to continue the tales, or try to glean meaning from them.

I traced the visuals back to a void practice I'd been compelled toward by my inner voice.  Sitting in pitch black, eyes open for an extended period each day over many months, gave rise to intense open eyed visuals, but usually only geometric, never story based and never cinematic quality detailed scenes with context.  This was wholly different and occuring in broad daylit rooms.

The visions were never turbid, nor particularly alluring.  They seemed precisely neutral and random looking back on it, never drama involved in them.  A porch swing swaying in a breeze that ruffled the leaves of a bush.  Hands drying dishes while looking out the window at children playing near a corn field...  that kind of thing.

I painted a large picture and hung it in that place and broke off the void work as it was unwelcome at the time. 

Perhaps it's time to revisit, something in this exchange rekindles an interest.

• Like 2