Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I've started using the zhunti mantra.

"NAMO SAPTANAM SAMYAKSAMBUDDHA KOTINAM. TADYATHA: OM! CALE, CULE, CUNDI SVAHA!"

So far I'm seeing some effect in my heart and 3rd eye chakras, this mantra is good stuff.

Bill Bodri says:

this mantra's workings are so powerful and its effects so refined that it functions on a level beyond comprehension... this mantra will help your karma be worked out in such a way that it's not so damaging in terms of long term repercussions...
At the supramundane level, the Zhunti mantra is the chief mantra recited by those who wish to attain enlightenment in this lifetime. The reason for its popularity in cultivation is that it is one of two mantras capable of opening up a practitioner's heart chakra.
This mantra thus enables an individual to quickly realize the great prajna transcendental wisdom, which explains its great effectiveness. Therefore it is even sanctioned in the Zen school, which typically abstains from depending upon any external cultivation crutches other than directly looking into the true nature of the mind.

Is there anyone here who's recited this for a while - if so, what is your personal experience?

Edited by Seeker of Tao, 06 January 2014 - 12:57 PM.

• Uroboros said thanks for this

#2 Mandrake

Mandrake

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Yes, it's powerful. I hesitate to speak about my own experiences. Needless to say, choose your intention wisely. You can mantra for all kinds of stuff, but to recite millions of repetitions for nicer legs, or good chocolate, is a shame : D

Good luck SotS!

Mandrake
  • Jox and balance. said thanks for this

#3 Subtle

Subtle

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Will be interesting to see what other people say. I've been using it for the last week, and I can't say much. Too early to tell.

#4 Seeker of Wisdom

Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, Mandrake. Sounds encouraging!

#5 Subtle

Subtle

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

I don't know, but I'm having a hard time wiping the smile off my face right now. Lol!

Maybe that's why Master Nan was always smiling. All that meditation stuff.

I went to the bathroom like six hours ago to find that I was just smiling away, and I've been smiling ever since!

I'm usually not the smiling type because it always seemed to take more effort to smile than frown, but right now it seems like it would take a collossal amount of effort to frown. I'd have to fake it.

When I concentrate on the mantra, I can feel it making me smile again. Lololololololololololololol. I'm having a blast with this mantra!

Anyway, just thought I'd post a quick field report. Back to my meditation!

Edited by Subtle, 11 December 2012 - 11:04 PM.

• Jox said thanks for this

#6 Mandrake

Mandrake

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

I should add, especially if others may take up the practice:
People come with various conditions: amount of debris in channels differs, the health of channels, the entanglements between mind and the world, the latent impulses deep in the psyche and so on - they all differ.
Some people will start to feel the effect of the mantra quite soon; other people with a lot of gunk may have to recite some million repetitions before things suddenly clear up, they feel activity in their qimai, their fortune changing etc. The important thing is to not give up! Things are happening even though you may not actually perceive it. The specific signs associated with this mantra may come sooner or later.

I also suggest having some formal sitting sessions with the mantra even though you may recite it internally throughout the day. Other principles apply: do not tense (especially your chest), do not modify your breathing, relax, do not space out, have some vividness of the sound, let go of everything else etc.

Try to recite with some compassionate intention, and always, always, let joy well forth (do not hold and cling to tense and negative feelings).

Hope this helps.

Mandrake

#7 Seeker of Wisdom

Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

This practice is great. I can really feel it beginning to clear up the heart. It fits in nicely with my anapana and other practices, helping to train the mind to be focused and clear outside sitting meditation. Also, I can do it all day long.

I look forward to seeing what this mantra does once you get into millions of repetitions. :D

#8 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

The specific signs associated with this mantra may come sooner or later.

Please, can you speak about the specific signs associated with this mantra?
Thank you! :-)

#9 Subtle

Subtle

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Can you chant for more than one thing, or is it better to stay focused?

#10 Dainin

Dainin

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3211 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Master Nan leads 45 minute recitation of the Zhunti Mantra:

Edited by Dainin, 21 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

• Jox, balance., shredem and 1 other said thanks
"Do your practice and all is coming" Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

"My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink" Bankei

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon; in summer,
a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things
do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you." Mu-Mon

#11 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Please, can you speak about the specific signs associated with this mantra?
Thank you! :-)

I imagine there are no signs...

#12 Mandrake

Mandrake

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm here occasionally. If people send me an PM, I get a notice; otherwise, not.

Some of the signs you can read about in the sutra. You can find it online if you search for Cundi Dharani Sutra. They are the relevant ones, and the signs that I am comfortable discussing online. Physically, if you get your energies to start working big time on the heart chakra - don't stop since there is momentum that will be lost; you will have to build it up again.
Don't expect big things to kick in after only 500 000 repetitions. People's karmas vary, but in general our modern generations have more to deal with.

Mandrake

I imagine there are no signs...

• Cheshire Cat said thanks for this

#13 Seeker of Wisdom

Seeker of Wisdom

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1205 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Now I'm getting a mild ache in the heart. :)

#14 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Thank you for the informations on this mantra.
I've found the cunti dharani sutra and it looks like the famous yogic texts about mantram and magical power.

Edited by DAO rain TAO, 30 December 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#15 shredem

shredem

Breathe In, Breathe Out

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1322 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Wow, never knew that this mantra is that powerful. I'll make sure that when I start to recite this in the future, I pick the right wish. 

NAMO RATNA TRAYAYA / NAMO ARYA JNANA SAGARA, VAIROCHANA / BYUHARA JARA TATHAGATAYA / ARAHATE SAMYAKSAM BUDDHAYA / NAMO SARWA TATHAGATE BHYAY ARHATA BHYAH / SAMVAKSAM BUDDHE BHVAH / NAMO AVALOKITE / SHORAYA BODHISATTVAYA / MAHA SATTVAYA / MAHA KARUNIKAYA / TADYATA / OM DARA DARA / DIRI DIRI / DURU DURU / ITTE WE / ITTE CHALE CHALE / PURACHALE PURACHALE KUSUME KUSUMA WA RE / ILI MILLI CHITI JVALAM / APANAVE SHOHA

#16 balance.

balance.

thunder spirit in mah grill. jesus is in the kitchen.

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:getting juicy with jesus. surprise loving from thunder. bruno groening.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I've been performing this for a little over a year-- but not as my sole practice.  It was the first mantra I've ever been compelled to pursue and it has become a bridge in terms of cultivating mindfulness between sessions of my core alchemical work (kunlun). 

Couldn't begin to say how many times I've performed the mantra... Never bothered to keep track.  I fill up "empty" time with silent recitation day in and day out.  My conservative estimate is around 700-1000 recitations a day, but who knows... Jappa practice requires a great deal of patience (IMO) , and I'm in no rush.  

I have had dreams connected with this practice (and those are mine), but none so auspicious as the white vomit.  (yet)

In terms of the stimulation of the heart through this practice (and I *don't* make use of the mudra) , I find my other practices are more vigorous in this regard.... but the pursuit of this mantra satisfies something deep all the same.  I personally enjoy the marriage of both mantra and neigung in my work.

I agree with whats already been said--- that the intent should be pure.. but there are plenty that feel making use of deeper spiritual work for power/material/temporal-gain is legitimate as well.  I have my own practice and it's not for me to say what's proper and improper.  Our paths are our own. 

best.

balance.

IMG_5769.jpg

Edited by balance., 16 January 2013 - 07:41 PM.

• rainbowvein, Jox, Ish and 1 other said thanks

"Dressed in sky-flower clothes / wearing tortoise-hair shoes / clutching rabbit-horn bows / they hunt the ghosts of delusion."

-- Hanshan / entry 293.

kunlun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users