Aetherous

Western Symbolism thread

Just wrote a reply about the meaning of pyramids and triangles, but I felt like it wasn't worth the time to post it in a topic about prunes. It would have been pretty much way off topic. So here it is. Voila!

This is just me providing another interpretation of a common symbol...not claiming to be RIGHT. Simply presenting an alternative point of view...

I don't know if it's beneficial for all cultivators -- depends on what they're cultivating. Spiritually, rice is the base of a pyramid, with rice farmers on the bottom and spirits and deities feeding off their life energy on top. In between you have steadily narrowing down layers, each sitting on top of the lower ones -- rice eaters, rice merchants, rice corporations, Chinese emperors, Monsanto, steadily narrowing down to the guy on top, the God of Slavery. So anyone cultivating a hierarchical paradigm of any kind can eat rice with impunity. It is gluten-free.

But if you cultivate against the pyramid, toward an influx of nourishing qi from the top to the bottom, not to attain a higher state but to correct the draining of energy from the base toward the top, if your cultivation aims to revert the flow -- shen to qi to jing, spirit to life, mind to matter, yang to yin, heaven to earth, ruler to subject, rich to poor, disembodied spirit to immortal body, etc. -- then Abstaining From Grains is a big help. If you don't eat rice, or any other grains, you haven't entered the pyramid on any level. Of course they are trying to make a pyramid out of everything -- successfully most of the time. I don't have a solution yet for not entering any pyramids on any level, which would be the Way, the royal road to the true and ultimate attainment of taoist cultivation. For now, I'm just avoiding the oldest, biggest, heaviest pyramids as much as I can, of which of course grain agriculture takes the cake, pun intended.

Pyramids...from the little I know, a corrupt system would use a downward pointing triangle with the ones on top having abundance, at the cost of the affliction of the ones on the bottom, who have hardly anything, and are crushed by the weight as well as the pinpoint accuracy upon them. Of course, something corrupt cannot last, just like such a structure would hardly last. The ones hanging out at the top are bound to topple over with the slightest change in the breeze, simply due to the nature of the construction. No stability in the design, despite there being a seeming stability for the elite, since they are not standing upon a pinpoint of personal achievement (due to their own hard work) but standing upon a huge platform of unearned rewards (due to taking the easy way out and manipulating others' hard work).

Upward pointing is more aligned with doing the work yourself, rather than oppressing others in any way. Virtue...which is lasting because it's built upon something solid, like personal integrity...is why the pyramids are still around. The design has integrity, in another sense of the word. It is also upright (coinciding with what that means for a person), as opposed to being a downer. And it also represents the person seeking to change themselves for the better, by rising up to the occasion...raising their vibrations...rather than downward pointing, which represents the mind doing whatever it wants to the earth (or that which you can easily take advantage of, aka, the innocent), as well as lowering vibration. Also downward represents 'coming down from above', which coincides with judgment of those below, by your sharp tip facing downward.

Edited by turtle shell

This guy would seem to concur with Taomeow http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-irs-headquarters-maryland/

Is his reading accurate? Who knows, but one of the commentators makes a point about the use of symbolism that seems to run counter to the supposed functioning of the institution. I read elsewhere that one of the 'laws' of elitism is that it must signalled in broad daylight so that nobody can say they didn't know what was going on. Ignorance is no defence (apparently). Like I asked Seth in the Reiki thread, if I was baptized with the sign of the cross as a baby, what does that do (if anything). I could give no conscious consent at the time so I get incorporated into the body of a church in whose doctrine I can't know if I believe in yet or not. And if I continue in my religious training as a matter of course with no consent asked for even when I am in a position to contemplate, it could be 'too late' for I may have incorporated the religion's doctrine into my very structure. In the example above, by being a member of 'We The People' one is considered as a support to the capstone whether one wants to be or not. It could be that the artist just wasn't very well versed in symbolism and thought the capstone was supposed to symbolize something great for everyone, but I have doubts. I reckon in that case the artist would have chosen something else.

I don't think either turned up or turned down is a sign of corruption. My understanding is that that can occur in any model and at any system level. The people at top frequently blame the people at bottom and vice-versa. I guess I just don't have a real interest in being part of any kind of hierarchy. It is extremely difficult to remove oneself from them entirely however.

• Like 1

From the link I posted about (click on the Great Pyramid link)

"The realization of the supra-human states was reserved to the beings assuming the highest functions because before governing others, it was firstly necessary to govern oneself. It was essentially about the King and beings able to replace him, i.e. the grand priests officiating in his name and the vizier in charge of the government."

In other words, if the people governing others (which, in the case of a democracy I find tough to consider as an option but all the symbols do say that the people are governed) have not yet acheived self-mastery they are in no place to be lording it over anyone else.

Edit: link http://users.skynet.be/lotus/stone/egypt0-en.htm

Edited by -K-

At the moment the pyramid is being seen as a symbol of oppression

Agreed...and Freemasons, for instance, are seen as major controllers of the world. Both are the total opposite of what's actually true.

I can see how people believe these types of things...I even keep it as a possibility in the back of my mind and relate to things like Vigilant Citizen, the concept of Humanae Libertas, or that calling God Lucifer is kind of weird...but you have to consider that there are two ways of understanding the meaning of these symbols:

1) Outsiders invent the meaning for themselves and share it with others, which is either true or false.

2) You join and find out the true meaning.

By the way, the pic with Lucifer and the Egyptian eye as the capstone...not accurate at all. There's a phrase for this type of information....it comes from the "rumor mill". It's interesting, but please don't believe all that you read on the net.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

Thing is Turtleshell, imagine a Freemason of the 'lower' orders. Someone who is 'on path' but still hasn't reached the highest level. This person imagines themselves to be in a position of high realization and so starts doing stuff. Given the group structure, it's possible they get kudos for where they're at and no contradicting evidence elsewhere that makes them consider they might not be all that? So they have this 'stink of enlightenment' and their 'mover and shaker' desires just erupt onto an unsuspecting world.

---shudders---

• Like 1

I read elsewhere that one of the 'laws' of elitism is that it must signalled in broad daylight so that nobody can say they didn't know what was going on.

I've heard that before, as well, from questionable sources. I doubt it's an actual law of the "elites", because the public truly doesn't understand the symbolism. No one really does know what's going on except those that have been taught. If it were a law, these elites would have to be pretty clear and not just leave a bunch of symbols lying around. For instance, by passing the NDAA, or something.

Also, regarding the 'right to rule'...

Liberalism first became a distinct political movement during the Age of Enlightenment, when it became popular among philosophers and economists in the Western world. Liberalism rejected the notions, common at the time, of hereditary privilege, state religion, absolute monarchy, and the Divine Right of Kings.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Liberalism

These secret societies for the most part were the ones that founded America, on the principles of every person's right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".

So I think we're seeing the sheepdog and mistaking it for the wolf...

Thing is Turtleshell, imagine a Freemason of the 'lower' orders. Someone who is 'on path' but still hasn't reached the highest level. This person imagines themselves to be in a position of high realization and so starts doing stuff. Given the group structure, it's possible they get kudos for where they're at and no contradicting evidence elsewhere that makes them consider they might not be all that? So they have this 'stink of enlightenment' and their 'mover and shaker' desires just erupt onto an unsuspecting world.

Yes, I can imagine that a new person in one of these groups could be taught entirely misleading things...for sure. (I think that's what you're saying, but maybe it was something else?)

I guess I just don't have a real interest in being part of any kind of hierarchy.

By the way...me either!

Edited by turtle shell

Shouldn't the founders have rid themselves of the related symbols then?

'Sheepdpg' haha:-)

That no-one really knows what's going on does not a democractic nation make. In fact the people have to know what's going on in order to exercise their democratic rights and obligations. Of course that's my opinion and likely represents an ideal I haven't reached myself:-)

If anyone else can find information on this 'law' that the elite have to have it all out in the open?

I'm with you that a democracy should have totally open information.

If I remember correctly, the law of elites having to display things was in the posts by 'hidden hand' on ATS.

Shouldn't the founders have rid themselves of the related symbols then?

'Sheepdpg' haha:-)

That no-one really knows what's going on does not a democractic nation make. In fact the people have to know what's going on in order to exercise their democratic rights and obligations. Of course that's my opinion and likely represents an ideal I haven't reached myself:-)

If anyone else can find information on this 'law' that the elite have to have it all out in the open?

Demonic Nation *

Hahaha

The entire world is a stage

Look deeper // or don't

If you have already stepped off the game board / focusing on your spiritual development - there is no need.

Stay away from Mass Media (Ritual) AKA Programming

Peace

Demonic Nation *

Hahaha

The entire world is a stage

Look deeper // or don't

If you have already stepped off the game board / focusing on your spiritual development - there is no need.

Stay away from Mass Media (Ritual) AKA Programming

Peace

I wonder how many people are still really watching mass anything?

I disagree on the 'Demonic Nation' thing. These are people who likely didn't ask to be where they're at.

When I said demonic, I am speaking of those at the top of the parasitic hierarchy

Unfortunately it would seem millions have fallen to the Luciferian agenda

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

That's a kuji-in mudra... :)

I don't think Jay-Z knows much of anything in this field. He's an artist, and someone making it big.

Also, I'm no Luciferian...I am just a Scott, so please don't think I am actually playing the Devil's Advocate in this discussion. But look up where the word Lucifer actually comes from, and ask yourself if things are as crystal clear as the internet conspiracies suggest. Even Jesus himself is referred to as the morning star, in the book of Revelation...and in Christians the morning star is supposed to rise in their hearts at a certain time, according 2 Peter 1:19, which apparently is a good thing.

In popular culture Lucifer has come to mean everything from the devil to alien bloodlines from Mars controlling the population, etc. In actuality, it had something to do with light and the planet Venus (representing love usually as well as heralding the day, which God himself commanded in saying "let there be light"), and was only mistaken for the devil due to a verse about a KING (a human being) that was predicted to fall from his great height, in Isaiah. So literally nowhere in the actual literature is "lucifer" the same thing as "the devil".

Read for yourself, in context: http://niv.scripturetext.com/isaiah/14.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

The weird thing about all of this 'evil secret society' idea which has been paraded around in our current culture...consider, if they are actually good people, simply cultivating positivity and trying to help humanity without flaunting it, and living decent lives. Then consider the people who are living in fear, ignorant of the truth, gossipy, literally hating those in secret societies, getting worked up over internet rumors rather than being calm...what they are cultivating. It's like a complete role reversal of who is good and who is evil...which is a thought that blows my mind. ^_^

I did say "if" though. I am not someone in the know.

Edited by turtle shell

Ah I could show you what these...people really get up to.

Not really the place for it, nor do I really have the desire for it.

I am aware of the above too ^

They do use a number of hand gestures that we would consider mudras and that I have used myself // I think the intent behind them is different however.

As say in the west we have been lead to believe the number 13 is unlucky

While in Asian countries 4 is considered unlucky.

Same things mean different things to different people.

Bible has been tampered with since its very inception...

God only knows what truth remains, we can guess

We can guess for the most part it has been an attempt to destroy whoever this Christ figure / concept is...

Which had begun even before the birth of Christ

The Massacre of the Innocents is the biblical narrative of infanticide and gendercide by Herod the Great, the Roman appointed King of the Jews. The historicity of the incident is "an open question that probably can never be definitively decided",[1] but according to the Gospel of Matthew[2] Herod ordered the execution of all young male children in the village of Bethlehem, so as to avoid the loss of his throne to a newborn King of the Jews whose birth had been announced to him by the Magi. In typical Matthean style it is understood as the fulfillment of an Old Testament prophecy:[3] "Then was fulfilled that which was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet, saying, A voice was heard in Ramah, Weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children."[4]

http://en.wikipedia....f_the_Innocents

So even before the birth of Christ Consciousness all hell was breaking loose to prevent it?

I don't think much has changed

Ah I could show you what these...people really get up to.

Oh, I know. There are definitely bad people in the world.

Luciferian is basically anti God (Goodness) / Atheist

The "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.” (Crowley 1978).

Knowledge of good and evil // as tempted by the serpent

As I would say being dishonest is no good

They would not care in the slightest

As I would say murder is no good

They would not care in the slightest

They would believe it to be progress / knowledge ... a learning experience. (knowledge of evil)

Or more just an excuse to do what ever they want without any consequences.

As a freedom?

They view(ed) God / or people who follow the way as an obstruction to their desire/ knowledge of evil.

So they work against God and people who follow the way. (destroying or corrupting)

Is my basic understanding

Basically psychopaths/sociopaths V The Empathic

Who knows

My understanding is that the image of Lucifer being the evil horned devil has been purposefully used to demonize the old Pagan horned Gods like Pan, the image used for both is pretty much exactly the same , what is often not realised is that the Pagan gods are the Gods or archetypal symbols of the lower Chakras where your power and root reside, so the Church by demonizing that symbol they effectively cut people off from their own internal power and make them feel afraid of it. While people are cut off from their root they remain scared and need to be looked after by those who are perceived as holding the power, like a sheep with their shepherd.

Which is why one of the first things Crowley did as a young man was to try to recreate the cult of Pan the ancient fertility God to reconnect with and harmonize his lower chakras, of course people were afraid of that because they have been indoctrinated to be afraid of the horned Lucifer; but who is the real demon in all this, the Pagan Gods are part of our collective psyche, so those who try to reconnect and harmonise that part of us and restore our power are trying to do a great healing and not perform some sort of evil. The image of Lucifer might be the most powerful symbol which needs reclaiming for us to regain our balance and strength, which is why you often hear about politicians and powerful people being involved in various "satanic" groups, they are freeing their own internal power while everyone else remains afraid of it.

Edited by Jetsun

It's certainly a big mess. Throw in there some asanas (which I recently came across a book about showing their mythological origins) and I suspect no-one knows much what they're doing.

Personally I'd like to avoid the use of 'conspiracy theory' as it just shuts down what might be a valid interpretation or prevents otherwise smart people from doing their own research and discussing for fear of being labelled crazy.

What mudra would JayZ be doing without his knowledge? That one I've used for 3rd chakra stuff. It's a fire mudra as far as I know.

Interesting post Jetsun.

Edit http://www.amazon.com/Myths-Asanas-Ancient-Origins-Yoga/dp/1601090579/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354459492&sr=1-3&keywords=Asanas

Edited by -K-