#1 de_paradise

de_paradise

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1124 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Neigong, Healing Qigong, Tarot divinations

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Anybody run into anybody associated with ancient people somehow born from eagles, or something similar? A kind of lineage, not just a legend or hallucination, born into human form. And if so, what was this lineage about?

Edited by de_paradise, 18 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

• 三江源 said thanks for this

San Jiao Universal Qigong Become a powerful energy healer. 

#2 chi 2012

chi 2012

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Mastering the Release Technique/Sedona Method and my mind. Practicing Qigong. Creating weird mental experiments.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

David Icke might have it wrong....It's not reptiles that are trying to take over - it's Bird People. Did you see the way Romney went after Big Bird? He knows something.

#3 eye_of_the_storm

eye_of_the_storm

Empire Of The Sun

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2869 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Lyra constellation apparently

Ancient star wars between the Lyraen (Eagle) and Draco (Dragon) continuing to this day?

Or maybe something else? ha

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air, 18 November 2012 - 10:14 PM.

10'000 ϟuns

28bcw47.jpg

#4 Aetherous

Aetherous

only a student

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 9357 posts
  • Interests:bai hao oolong

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Anybody run into anybody associated with ancient people somehow born from eagles, or something similar?

I'm interested in what brought you to ask this?
Tara's Triple Excellence Buddhist program

"Motivation is the key; discipline is the key; teamwork is the key" = basic training pushup mantras.

#5 Jetsun

Jetsun

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4013 posts
  • Interests:Reality

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

I read a book about someone who went searching for the legend of the Bird men http://www.amazon.co...aw/d/161145509X , apparently it comes from the shamanic tribes of Peru associated with drinking Ayahuasca where it allows you to go on a shamanic journey in the body of a bird.

#6 Dainin

Dainin

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengu
"Do your practice and all is coming" Sri K. Pattabhi Jois

"My miracle is that when I feel hungry I eat, and when I feel thirsty I drink" Bankei

"In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon; in summer,
a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you. If useless things
do not hang in your mind, any season is a good season for you." Mu-Mon

#7 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 10034 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

I was also thinking Tengu, bird spirits and legendary teacher of the martial arts, according to one strain of Tengu legend.
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#8 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
  • Interests:Self-Employed Window Cleaner
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck....
Chinese Health QiGong Association here...
http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/
More about Mindfulness here...
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
( Dogen).

#9 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6940 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

A Quetzal is this bird:
http://t3.gstatic.co...xCedBj6O-HyUjHg

And a Coatl is this day-sign in the Aztec calendar, meaning "serpent" or "twin" :
http://t2.gstatic.co...7AWhCgiEJYEJPlQ

The reason "serpent" and "twin" are the same word in Nahuatl only becomes clear if you consider the structure of the DNA -- a double ("twin") helix (symbol for snake, and vice versa), and becomes clearer if you know the holographic nature of ancient languages, a single word occasionally encompassing the whole cognitive paradigm. Quetzalcoatl is one such word. "Twin" also means "the same," "a copy," "identical," "very closely related," etc.--
and may refer to the serpent being our twin, or we, its copy.

What exactly they were saying by attributing our creation to Quetzalcoatl -- our origin involving a donation of a particular type of DNA, the "twin snakes" being a generic term in this case -- or the specific snake DNA of our reptilian creator, with or without the involvement of birds (very closely related to reptiles), this I might know but may not tell, or might tell but just so that you can't tell I did... this last bit is an example of language spiraling around the subject without colliding with it directly, something practiced by shamans worldwide when they tackle matters of high complexity. The quetzal part of the name may have been used symbolically -- the plumage of this bird is brilliant, the flight striking -- the incredibly long flexible tail feathers wave and twist in a spiral-like motion when a quetzal flies... and ancient people were keen on metaphors, which modern researchers overwhelmingly miss, because the scientists among them are not poetic enough to get it, and poets among them, not scientific enough.

But ultimately there's no other way to get it than by spiraling around it without colliding with it directly, painting a double sine wave in the sky with your tail feather, and knowing the twin of your creator in yourself.
  • eye_of_the_storm said thanks for this
>^..^<

#10 GreytoWhite

GreytoWhite

If you do random qigong crap you're gonna have a bad time.

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1245 posts
  • Interests:Lotsa stuff.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Birds are also genetically linked to dinosaurs. Birds are evolved from ancient reptiles that developed more feathers as well as developed more quickly from infancy.
  • idiot_stimpy said thanks for this

#11 zanshin

zanshin

Dao Bum

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Horus, Thoth and Isis, Nike and a few other Greek goddesses, the Harpies.

The Mothman in modern times.
  • manitou and effilang said thanks for this
Come sweet joy and purge melancholy.

#12 Isimsiz Biri

Isimsiz Biri

Dao Bum

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1666 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

If we are talking about our physical bodies, we are descendants of Adam and Eve.

If we are talking about our astral bodies, our astral bodies are also formed by the energies of physical body.

Animal spirits are actually not spirits but intangible values. This intangible value starts its evolution and forms as minerals, then plants then animals. Finally it reaches a level that can be incarnated as a human being. Then it becomes a spirit.

Edited by Recep Ivedik, 20 November 2012 - 02:16 AM.

"If one hundred dogs do not bark after it, it is not a wolf."

Turkish/Mongolian Proverb

#13 eye_of_the_storm

eye_of_the_storm

Empire Of The Sun

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2869 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Birds are also genetically linked to dinosaurs. Birds are evolved from ancient reptiles that developed more feathers as well as developed more quickly from infancy.

I dont know about all this genetics stuff... as I have said before we share 40% of our DNA with a banana or something which I find quite funny hahaha...ahh

10'000 ϟuns

28bcw47.jpg

#14 de_paradise

de_paradise

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1124 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Neigong, Healing Qigong, Tarot divinations

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

My understanding is that there's many ancient spiritual lineages, perhaps from pre-human days, extra-terrestrial, or from higher level beings interacting with humans, and somehow getting associated with some form. Think of Max's snakes and all the snake related schools for example. Eagles, phoenixes, garudas too. I guess it could be said a lot of of the ancient and powerful "stuff" remains hidden or apart from the mainstream schools. And nowadays we don't feel the need to turn every higher being into compartment of an established religion, like a Buddha or emination of Tara, etc. You get to hear lots of strange stories just listening to people, but you need a good background in this stuff to avoid misinterpretation.

San Jiao Universal Qigong Become a powerful energy healer. 

#15 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Highly contested theory.
http://www.scienceda...00209183335.htm

Edited by GrandmasterP, 20 November 2012 - 04:33 AM.

( Dogen).

#16 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

My understanding is that there's many ancient spiritual lineages, perhaps from pre-human days, extra-terrestrial, or from higher level beings interacting with humans, and somehow getting associated with some form. Think of Max's snakes and all the snake related schools for example. Eagles, phoenixes, garudas too. I guess it could be said a lot of of the ancient and powerful "stuff" remains hidden or apart from the mainstream schools. And nowadays we don't feel the need to turn every higher being into compartment of an established religion, like a Buddha or emination of Tara, etc. You get to hear lots of strange stories just listening to people, but you need a good background in this stuff to avoid misinterpretation.

Caveman Bob said.......
Bird fly.
Me can't fly.
Bird magic.
Me paint magic bird on cave wall.
Caveman and Mrs. Jones from the next cave are round at Bob and Mrs. Bob's for dinner, admire the bird painting and commission Bob to paint one on their cave wall.
Pretty soon Caveman Bob has given up his day job at the quarry in favour of full time bird painting and cave interior design.
'Bob's Magic Birds' does so well that after a while Bob comes to be known as 'Magic Bird Bob'.
In order to grow the business Bob realises that he needs to diversify and add value so comes up with little rituals and takes to wearing a bird feather cloak whilst he does those, then he paints your magic bird.
Bob advertises under the new slogan...
'Magic Bob's birds for that look of luxury, plus they bring good luck to your cave and family'.
Bob prospers and wants to spend more time with the guys playing golf so he takes on staff and trains them in bird painting and ritual.
Pretty soon the company is running itself and has branches all over the known world.
The further away from head office the more culturally varied the artwork and rituals became in order to suit the tastes and artistic preferences of various tribes.
Echoes of Bob's firm are still with us today.

Edited by GrandmasterP, 20 November 2012 - 04:45 AM.

( Dogen).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users