Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Malic Acid, Cherry Extract

DISCLAIMER: I'm not out-right recommending that people take these supplements; I don't know enough about them. But I'm getting interesting results, am fishing for more knowledge, and think they're worth having on the general radar screen.

So, I recently started taking several supplements, both in capsules:

- malic acid with magnesium

- cherry extract

Stubborn blocks that I've had, bound-up tissues in hard-to-get places, have been resolving very quickly .. like, from the very first day I took these, and I've only been taking them for about a week - only 3 doses so far, as I take a day off in between. For those with stagnation issues, the above is worth investigating.

I'd be curious to hear anyone with knowledge / experience re: those supplements.

How does Cherry Fruit Extract work?

Cherries are a source of flavonoids-natural compounds that help maintain capillaries, collagen, eyes, joints and arteries. The anthocyanidin and proanthocyanidin flavonoids in cherries also have antioxidant properties to help protect your body from the damaging effects of free radicals.

Flavonoids act as an anti-histamine (Histamine promotes inflammation.), and this is beneficial for those suffering from allergies or other inflammatory conditions. Flavonoids also strengthen collagen, the building blocks of connective tissue, by cross-linking the fibers themselves. This process then reinforces the web of connective tissue that includes tendons, cartilage, and other key structural tissues.

Finally, cherry fruit extract may reduce high uric acid levels in the blood.

Magnesium is a key mineral cofactor for many anaerobic as well as aerobic reactions that generate energy, and has an oxygen-sparing effect. It is essential for the cell's mitochondria "powerhouses" to function normally, being involved in both the production and utilization of ATP.

Malic Acid has an oxygen sparing effect and there are a number of indications that malic acid is very critical molecule in controlling mitochonddrial function. Malate is a source of energy from the Krebs cycle and is the only metabolite of the cycle which falls in concentration during exhaustive physical activity. Depletion of malate has also been linked to physical exhaustion. By giving malic acid and magnesium as dietary supplements, flexibility to use aerobic and anaerobic energy sources can be enhanced and energy production can be boosted.

Lab studies show that many patients with fibromyalgia (or with chronic fatigue) have low magnesium levels. Magnesium supplementation enhanced the treatment of both conditions. Its benefits appear to result, at least in part, from its positive impact on serotonin function.

So, I recently started taking several supplements, both in capsules:

- malic acid with magnesium

- cherry extract

I'd be curious to hear anyone with knowledge / experience re: those supplements.

years ago i was raving about malic acid and magnesium, it seemed to miraculously cure any muscle pain and increased my flexibility considerably...but alas, like everything else, it stopped working after awhile... :(

T

Sign in to follow this