• 213 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Micheal ,
have been practicing gift of the tao 2 for only 2 days but i love it ,
my favourite at the moment is climbing the rope ,
such strong energy in this move.

can you tell me ,
on the feedback loop before the spirit walk ,
is your left hand in front of your forehead and palm facing straight down ?
many thanks
ron

#34 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5954 posts
  • Interests:Tao and Tai Chi

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

my favourite at the moment is climbing the rope

Yes, QUITE nice. :wub: :D

#35 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3022 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Micheal ,
have been practicing gift of the tao 2 for only 2 days but i love it ,
my favourite at the moment is climbing the rope ,
such strong energy in this move.

can you tell me ,
on the feedback loop before the spirit walk ,
is your left hand in front of your forehead and palm facing straight down ?
many thanks
ron

Rope to Heaven is a great move, glad you like it. These movements are all highly energetic.
Yes, in front of forehead. Left palm is at 45 degrees.
  • gramp said thanks for this

New 2016 Neigong Workshops :

September 10,11 with optional Clinical Applications September 12th Springfield, Missouri

NEWLY ANNOUNCED!!!

Chi Kung retreat Hilton Head Island November 15th - 20th

NOW is your opportunity to learn the COMPLETE Gift of the Tao 1-4 and Stillness-Movement Neigong!

NOW available in Kindle format! Book: A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing

Instructional DVDs: Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power; Gift of the Tao II: Sacred Vibrations; Sequential Energy Center Activation, Balancing, & Dimensional Expansion; Introduction to Taoist Medicine

500 Hour Medical Qigong Training Program

#36 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Michael I had a question about doing GOT 1 & 2 together. If your doing them together should you skip the closing motions at the end of GOT 1 and just do them at the end of GOT 2 when your're finished with everything?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen, 24 March 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#37 Friend

Friend

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

:)

Edited by Friend, 29 March 2013 - 07:53 AM.

• OldWolf said thanks for this

#38 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback. :)

#39 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3022 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Michael I had a question about doing GOT 1 & 2 together. If your doing them together should you skip the closing motions at the end of GOT 1 and just do them at the end of GOT 2 when your're finished with everything?

My 2 cents, Peace

It is always appropriate  to do the last 2 movements of GOT I before doing GOT II.

We just did all the GOT movements at the workshop in Terre Haute. It was only several hours later, during the snowstorm and when we were on break, we realized that the air conditioner had been on in the room the whole time. Most folks had come out of their long-sleeves into short sleeves we were all so hot.

• gramp said thanks for this

September 10,11 with optional Clinical Applications September 12th Springfield, Missouri

NEWLY ANNOUNCED!!!

NOW is your opportunity to learn the COMPLETE Gift of the Tao 1-4 and Stillness-Movement Neigong!

NOW available in Kindle format! Book: A Light Warrior's Guide to High Level Energy Healing

Instructional DVDs: Gift of the Tao: Vibratory Acts of Power; Gift of the Tao II: Sacred Vibrations; Sequential Energy Center Activation, Balancing, & Dimensional Expansion; Introduction to Taoist Medicine

#40 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for the clarification Michael.

My 2 cents, Peace

#41 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Michael, I had another question regarding the sequential energy center activation. Should you put your awareness on the LDT or on the energy center your working with when practicing SECABDE?

My 2 cents, Peace

#42 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5954 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

<3

Edited by rainbowvein, 09 April 2014 - 07:00 AM.

• OldWolf and Brian said thanks for this

#43 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

On the specific energy center where your hands are in front of. :)
Oh, not really on the specific area in/on the body. Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything (I do).

Perhaps try it out a few different ways. See how it goes. :)

Thanks for the insights Rainbow. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

#44 rainbowvein

rainbowvein

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 5954 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

<3

Edited by rainbowvein, 09 April 2014 - 07:00 AM.

• Brian said thanks for this

#45 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8048 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

On the specific energy center where your hands are in front of. :)

Oh, not really on the specific area in/on the body. Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything (I do).

Perhaps try it out a few different ways. See how it goes. :)

In addition to  r v's excellent suggestions, I would add a comment.

Since S-M spends a lot of time with awareness on dan tien and draws energy into dan tien, etc., one finds that this state of dan-tien-consciousness becomes a habit -- sort of the relaxed state.  As the cauldron grows larger & more dense, of course, the energy overflows into all the energy centers and throughout the body (think of the "energy-body" as permeating the physical body as well as extending beyond it, right?) but collecting energy into dan tien becomes automatic.

As a result, energy gathered via other "entry points" tends to move towards dan tien when you stop paying attention -- at least, that how it seems to me at this point in my practice.

Also, the "spiral qigong" technique is very similar to the SECABDE but with the awareness being on drawing energy through that sequence of centers and into dan tien, rather than expanding the energy outward from the centers.  The two techniques seem very complementary to me (and I often do the spiral qigong while lying in bed at night...)

Hope this helps!

Will you be attending either Springfield or Hilton Head?

• OldWolf and Friend said thanks for this
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#46 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4378 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Will you be attending either Springfield or Hilton Head?

I wish I could, hopefully within a year I can go to another one. Thanks for your advice as well. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi, 20 September 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#47 mjjbecker

mjjbecker

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

I was going back through old emails, (looking at some interesting-and hugely useful-comments and advice I'd forgotten about), recently. I came across this gem from an old gong fu brother (not Stillness Movement, but someone with a lot of experience and who has spent many years in Asia):

'just concentrate on the dantien and let the chi move where it is supposed to '

The more I keep my awareness on the dantien, the more the qi seems to do just that-'move where it is supposed to'. Not that there aren't exercises where someone puts their awareness elsewhere (always follow the teacher's instructions on such things!!!) but awareness on the 'lower' dantien, and gathering qi there, is a safe practice.

Rather, allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward).

:)

Late last year I was sitting on the sofa watching the TV when I placed my hands by my dantien, fingers resting on each other and thumb-tips touching. There wasn't any conscious effort or intent on the dantien, and so I was surprised when I felt the qi NOTICEABLY expand!

Just something I thought I would throw into the mix.

• mYTHmAKER, JohnC, OldWolf and 2 others said thanks
Elvis has left the building.

#48 Ya Mu

Ya Mu

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3022 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Michael, I had another question regarding the sequential energy center activation. Should you put your awareness on the LDT or on the energy center your working with when practicing SECABDE?

My 2 cents, Peace

Good replies by RV, Brian, and mjjbecker. 

"...allow your awareness to be a bit broader, to open, to notice how the energetics expand (outward and/or inward). Then, once you release grandly and expand exponentially, you can rest your awareness on everything..."

"Since S-M spends a lot of time with awareness on dan tien and draws energy into dan tien, etc., one finds that this state of dan-tien-consciousness becomes a habit -- sort of the relaxed state.  As the cauldron grows larger & more dense, of course, the energy overflows into all the energy centers and throughout the body (think of the "energy-body" as permeating the physical body as well as extending beyond it, right?) but collecting energy into dan tien becomes automatic.

As a result, energy gathered via other "entry points" tends to move towards dan tien when you stop paying attention"

"The more I keep my awareness on the dantien, the more the qi seems to do just that-'move where it is supposed to'"

The SECAB&DE is designed to do exactly what the title says; activate & balance all the energy centers and allow consciousness expansion through multiple dimensions. As we perform this exercise not only does all the above happen but this interacts with the energy body itself. We have raised the energy body vibrational frequency with the Stillness-Movement & Gift of the Tao exercises and the SECAB&DE allows each energy center to integrate within that raised frequency. One could look at it as like stretching a balloon to fill in an outer parameter. All parts of the balloon fill in to mold itself to a new expanded parameter. As the Stillness-Movement progresses the ability to expand with the SECAB&DE progresses.

One beauty of the SECAB&DE is that it will work with anyone at whatever "level" they are, to expand & balance within their own parameters.

There just is no feeling like the feeling we get when we do the dimensional expansion from the "viewpoint" of each energy center - simply amazing!

As usual, my explanations are only an attempt to describe something that actually can't be described linearly.

All of the above would point to an answer of your original question as "both".

If at all possible do try to get to Hilton Head in November. You are doing so well and we all would like to see you progress further with this. Send me an email. It may be easier than you think.

• White Wolf, OldWolf, Brian and 3 others said thanks

NEWLY ANNOUNCED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users