#81 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 2958 posts
  • Interests:0

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

I don't trust vedanta: it looks like a fake spirituality based on philosophical talks.
Gurus use to minutely describe what you're about to find in your spiritual quest, thus preventing you from discovering entirely different truths.

In fact, this is pretty much the Hua t'ou meditation practice of Ch'an buddhism. The only difference being that in Buddhism, you rely on the question to develop a strong feeling of doubt and settle the mind in that. It's not used to discover a self by mean of reflective thinking, but to stop the mind and prepare oneself to experience reality as it is.

CC,

You are free to believe what you want. Those of us who live the teachings of Vedanta don't need your seal of approval ;)

• Rishi Das said thanks for this
--
A sinking spiral, rising upward, it opens and closes by turns...

#82 mystery

mystery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

it seems some people want to impose their ignorance/limits on such subjects as if their ignorance/limits really do define/represent such subjects
Newsflash the ignorance is just that, ignorance
and it will never be able to have a clear sight about any subject
It is ignorant!

often such subjects are vaster than people currently realize

Edited by mystery, 13 December 2016 - 10:03 AM.

• dwai said thanks for this

#83 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga, Dao.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

Thank you for sharing what you felt comfortable with, the vagueness speaks volumes you have a legitimate practice, it is obvious, and I am pleased to receive real testimony concerning your gurudev.
  • dwai and Rishi Das said thanks for this

#84 mystery

mystery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Thank you for being accepting pilgrim. And not being harsh to me.
I'm sorry if I came across bad in ways. I'm not a great writer, but it's all in the spirit of not caring about offending someone's pride.
But still I care.
Idk just sorry if I came off badly.

Edited by mystery, 13 December 2016 - 05:19 PM.

• Kar3n and Pilgrim said thanks for this

#85 mystery

mystery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

I just see pride as a big block
So not something to respect in anyone including myself
Arrogance is such a stumbling block for me
Arrogance comes before the crash
I've felt crashed for awhile haha :(

#86 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:56 PM

CC,

You are free to believe what you want. Those of us who live the teachings of Vedanta don't need your seal of approval ;)

Fortunately, I am.
And in all honesty, I would be surprised to the highest degree if I could really make a vedantin philosopher reflect on those points just by typing a short post.

BTW, this branch of the thread originally came from a vedantin that introduced the concept of Atman, pretending it was an absolute, self-evident, trascendent reality in the first place.
So, who's trying to put seals and definitions?
  • gatito said thanks for this

#87 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

it seems some people want to impose their ignorance/limits on such subjects as if their ignorance/limits really do define/represent such subjects
Newsflash the ignorance is just that, ignorance
and it will never be able to have a clear sight about any subject

Ok, let's try to put our feet on a common ground to summarize your points and see if we can manage to agree on a single post.

1) Yogiraj is a powerful Himalayan Master who is channeling an immortal yogi named Babaji. I don't believe that, therefore I'm ignorant.

2) Kriya yoga techniques work on the nervous system and they give strong sensations and bizarre experiences. You received a slightly modified version from him that gives you strong sensations and bizarre experiences, therefore he's a real guru. And BTW, I'm ignorant for some reason related to that.

3) If there are people who aren't as ignorant as me, and still they think that he's a fraud. ... it's because of their karmic imprints that they cannot recognize the truth which you're blessed to witness.

4) You've seen the movie Kumare, therefore you're spirituality immune to frauds from India.
  • gatito said thanks for this

#88 mystery

mystery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:29 AM

Go ahead and pretend your analysis of what I said is accurate. But anyone with basic reading and reasoning skills will be able to see it's not if they choose to read my posts.

Even if I've been coming across badly in ways, that doesn't take away from much of what I've

You're distorting what I said into what it's not
Why even do that?

Edited by mystery, 14 December 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#89 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga, Dao.

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:57 AM

Thank you for being accepting pilgrim. And not being harsh to me.
I'm sorry if I came across bad in ways. I'm not a great writer, but it's all in the spirit of not caring about offending someone's pride.
But still I care.
Idk just sorry if I came off badly.

It's Okay Mystery the words I wrote could have been less inflammatory as well. Apologies.

• Kar3n said thanks for this

#90 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 2958 posts
  • Interests:0

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Fortunately, I am.
And in all honesty, I would be surprised to the highest degree if I could really make a vedantin philosopher reflect on those points just by typing a short post.

BTW, this branch of the thread originally came from a vedantin that introduced the concept of Atman, pretending it was an absolute, self-evident, trascendent reality in the first place.
So, who's trying to put seals and definitions?

Been there...done that! It is for each of us to realize in our own way, and when the time is right, my friend :)

It's best to keep following things in mind (given that you are a proponent of Buddha dharma and Dao) - give up the tendency to hold on to positions. Holding on to positions causes pain and suffering. Being free of positions is freedom. 

So it doesn't matter if there is Atman or Anatta. Don't latch on to either. Just be...and be free.

• Brian, Rishi Das and Kar3n said thanks for this
--
A sinking spiral, rising upward, it opens and closes by turns...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users