• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#17 Owledge

Owledge

Owl on edge - owlverdrive owlnage!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3209 posts
  • Interests:wisdom, success, my little ponies, dowlphins (with and without laser cannons), music and other art, being successful, gaining wisdom, redundancy, redundancy, repetition, incomplete lists, ...

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

People who have an understanding of cancer apart from western medical establishment also understand why so many things have cancer-curing properties.

This is an outlage! I have been waiting for an owl! _____ Owl my god! ... I owl you one! _____ Yes, huuuh do!
(Pun-dit the pundit master punned it faster. But I won't bicker, 'cause I've done it quicker. One owl of just me and you and owl have punned thee, too.)
Cure ail and whine with ale and wine! --- KnOWLedge is pOWL! --- Wowl! Nowl I'm Punning Owl owlver the place!

Puneal gland wide owlpen!!! My head's full of Dimethowltryptamine! ... Hahaha! Gonna win the Punitzer prize for that one!

Please excuse my good English.

PinkiePie_trampoline_sig.gif

#18 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

So, to recap and then some.. B)

It's important to attack cancer on many sides at the same time: don't put all your eggs in one (or just a few) baskets. Notice how many immune boosters, direct cancer killers (that cause apoptosis of cancer cells, or programmed cell death) that Jerry and I used, and that Webster advises on www.cancertutor.com

Dandelion Root Extract

Thanks for the info, I had no idea it was thought to work on blood cancer.

I tried this brand before...thought it tasted horrible... :lol:

http://www.amazon.co...35117076&sr=8-1

Sabah Snake Grass

In South East Asia this is (supposedly) the cancer-busting miracle herb (drooping clinacanthus) :
http://goodguy.hubpa...cure-for-cancer

Not cheap. Someone told me they're selling for about 1 USD per leaf.

Cinnamon

We should be thankful that allopathic medicine is returning somewhat in the direction of herbal cures.

Cinnamon is also being seriously investigated for its cancer curing properties.

Cinnamon and Cancer

Pretty off topic... but would like to ask you something about cinnamon if I may. I read the other day about a cancer killing remedy:

drop cinnamon bark oil

tsp cinnamon

tbsp raw honey

cancer loves sugar, so the cancer cells quickly absorb the sugar in the honey, but with it they take the super powerful cinnamon bark oil, which is antimicrobial, antifungal, antiviral, anti - everything, plus the cinnamon powder. As soon as the cinnamon gets in the cancer cells alongside the sugar, it kills what is feeding off it.

It has been found effective.

But do you think this is too tough for a persons digestive system, for any length of time? What would be the possible side effects.. too heating? Maybe counter it with aloe?

I'm interested. What is the pairing of cinnamon with salty about? Sounds delicious!

Ginger

The subject of one study based out of Georgia State University, whole ginger extract was revealed to shrink prostate tumor size by a whopping 56% in mice. The anticancer properties were observed in addition to ginger’s role in reducing inflammation as well as being a rich source of life-enhancing antioxidants.

Kelley Eidem's Pepper & Fats

(1) Grate one habeneros pepper each day, putting it on bread

(2) Grate two cloves of garlic each day, putting them on bread

(3) 1-2 Tablespoons of Emulsified cod liver oil each day.* TwinLabs makes some wonderfully flavored cod liver oil.

I used the cod liver oil because I was not losing any weight or dealing with fluid retention. If I had either of those conditions, I would have used evening primrose oil instead of the emulsified cod liver oil.

(4) Smother the grated garlic and habaneros peppers with real butter and eat it

use of both hot peppers (which contain capsaicin) and garlic as well as ginger is actually backed up by "mainstream" scientific research as all of these have been found to have anti-cancer activity

Cod liver oil and evening primrose oil respectively are described as helping to balance an "off-balance" metabolism. Which of these oils to ingest depends on whether a person's metabolism is too anabolic or too catabolic. This is based on Dr. Revici's discovery of the "dualistic" nature of cancer.

To help correct a catabolic imbalance, Kelley Eidem suggests using evening primrose oil, while taking emulsified cod liver oil is indicated for those who are too anabolic.

Since most people seem to be too acidic which according to Kelley Eidem "translates into being too anabolic if they stay too acidic too long", the standard recipe listed above features taking emulsified cod liver oil.

The active ingredients here are probably capsaicin, Vitamin D3 & Vitamin K2 (menaquinone)...

Antineoplastons

Antineoplastons (ANP) are peptides and amino acid derivatives, discovered by Dr. S. Burzynski, M.D., Ph.D. in 1967.

Dr. Burzynski first identified naturally occurring peptides in the human body that control cancer growth. He observed that cancer patients typically had deficiency of certain peptides in their blood as compared to healthy individuals. According to Dr. Burzynski, Antineoplastons are components of a biochemical defense system that controls cancer without destroying normal cells.

Chemically, the Antineoplastons include peptides, amino acid derivatives and organic acids. They occur naturally in blood and urine and they are reproduced synthetically for medicinal use. The name of Antineoplastons comes from their functions in controlling neoplastic, or cancerous, cells (anti-neoplastic cells agents).

How do Antineoplastons work?

Antineoplastons act as molecular switches, which turn off life processes in abnormal cells and force them to die through apoptosis (programmed death of a cell). While they trigger the death of cancer cells, they do not inhibit normal cell growth. They specifically target cancer cells without harming healthy cells.

It is generally known that the cancerous process results from increased activity of oncogenes and decreased expression of tumor suppressor genes. Antineoplastons "turn on" tumor suppressor genes and "turn off" oncogenes restoring the proper balance in gene expression.

Zhineng Qigong

Been doing zhineng qigong about 10 years, starting after a diagnosis of incurable cancer. I feel as if I might be begining to do some of it better than I used to. It feels right enough that I keep going, teacher or no teacher, out here in the forest.

Kestrel

Edited by vortex, 09 July 2012 - 04:54 PM.

• cheya said thanks for this

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. - Carl Jung
The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Knowledge can be taught, but skill must be practiced.
Don't move the body - you train your Qi. Don't move your mind - you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel
It's easy for the mind to get confused but you can't fake the full lotus. - celibacyandsexualenergy

#19 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Some more:

Grape-Seed Extract

Grape-Seed Extract Kills Laboratory Leukemia Cells, Proving Value Of Natural Compounds

An extract from grape seeds forces laboratory leukemia cells to commit cell suicide, according to researchers from the University of Kentucky. They found that within 24 hours, 76 percent of leukemia cells had died after being exposed to the extract.

They found that the extract activates JNK, a protein that regulates the apoptotic pathway.

While grape seed extract has shown activity in a number of laboratory cancer cell lines, including skin, breast, colon, lung, stomach and prostate cancers, no one had tested the extract in hematological cancers nor had the precise mechanism for activity been revealed.

"These results could have implications for the incorporation of agents such as grape seed extract into prevention or treatment of hematological malignancies and possibly other cancers,"

"What everyone seeks is an agent that has an effect on cancer cells but leaves normal cells alone, and this shows that grape seed extract fits into this category,"

Hematological cancers leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma accounted for an estimated 118,310 new cancer cases and almost 54,000 deaths in 2006, ranking these cancers as the fourth leading cause of cancer incidence and death in the U.S.

Shi and his colleagues have been studying chemicals known as proanthocyanidins in fruits that contribute to this effect. Shi has found that apple peel extract contains these flavonoids, which have antioxidant activity, and which cause apoptosis in several cancer cell lines but not in normal cells. Based on those studies, and findings from other researchers that grape seed extract reduces breast tumors in rats and skin tumors in mice, they looked at the effect of the compound in leukemia cells.

Using a commercially available grape seed extract, Shi exposed leukemia cells to the extract in different doses and found the marked effect in causing apoptosis in these cells at one of the higher doses.

They also discovered that the extract does not affect normal cells, although they don't know why.

The researchers then used pharmacologic and genetic approaches to determine how the extract induced apoptosis. They found that the extract strongly activated the JNK pathway, which then led to up-regulation of Cip/p21, which controls the cell cycle.

"This is a natural compound that appears to have relatively important properties,"

DCA

Around the first of February 2008 we noticed that caffeinated tea (and probably coffee too) with Vitamin B1 appear strongly linked to the effectiveness of DCA. Two reports of apparent complete cancer disappearance were reported, and both patients drank large amounts of caffeinated black tea and took large doses of vitamin B1. A small (approx 20 people) phone and email survey supported this caffeine relationship, nearly 100 percent. Although we have seen some variation in this since, the correlation remains very strong.

Caffeine and theophylline increase metabolism and are known to help induce apoptosis. The caffeine link may explain why one person with a particular type of cancer responded while another with the same cancer did not respond: one drank caffeine and the other did not! A large survey is underway to test the validity of this correlation on a wider scale.

Modified Ecstasy (MDMA)

modified form of ecstasy kills 100% of blood cancer cells. While patient application is still a long way away, in test tube studies, the modified ecstasy killed all of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma cells

Ecstasy is known to kill some cancer cells, but scientists have increased its effectiveness 100-fold

Their early study showed all leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma cells could be killed in a test tube

One variant increased cancer-fighting effectiveness 100-fold. It means that if 100g of un-modified ecstasy was needed to get the desired effect, only 1g of the modified ecstasy would be needed to have the same effect.

Scientists say this also reduced the toxic effect on the brain.

Lead researcher Professor John Gordon, from the University of Birmingham, told the BBC: "Against the cancers, particularly the leukaemia, the lymphoma and the myeloma, where we've tested these new compounds we can wipe out 100% of the cancer cells in some cases.

It is believed that the drug is attracted to the fat in the membranes of the cancerous cells.

Researchers think it makes the cells "a bit more soapy", which can break down the membrane and kill the cell.

They said cancerous cells were more susceptible than normal, healthy ones.

"The prospect of being able to target blood cancer with a drug derived from ecstasy is a genuinely exciting proposition.

"Many types of lymphoma remain hard to treat and non-toxic drugs which are both effective and have few side effects are desperately needed.

Taheebo

taheebo was known as a miraculous cure for cancer and tumors. Taheebo contains 2- 7 % of lapachol, a naphthoquinine derivative which is an anti-tumor compound.

side effects discovered at the effective concentration of the drug. These undesirable side effects include nausea and vomiting

The ability to see in realtime that experience is not self is called enlightenment. - Kenneth Folk
Don't move the body - you train your Qi. Don't move your mind - you train your Spirit. - Fong Ha
I used to sit in full-lotus even on the can but there's not a lot of space in my bathroom. - drewhempel
It's easy for the mind to get confused but you can't fake the full lotus. - celibacyandsexualenergy

#20 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9928 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

I've heard we should be leery of test tube (only) based results. After all, oxygen kills most things, alcohol kills most things, heat, cold, exposure to air etc., until things are tested in at least the conditions of a warm blooded body, putting drops into petri dishes unfortunately means little.
  • Nungali said thanks for this
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#21 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Some key distinctions with "cinnamon":

A number of species are often sold as cinnamon:
- Cinnamomum verum ("True cinnamon", Sri Lanka cinnamon or Ceylon cinnamon)
- C. burmannii (Korintje, Padang Cassia, or Indonesian cinnamon)
- C. loureiroi (Saigon cinnamon, Vietnamese cassia. or Vietnamese cinnamon)
- C. cassia (Cassia or Chinese cinnamon)

Posted Image

Ceylon Cinnamon Versus Cassia Cinnamon

"Eat only the real Ceylon cinnamon", someone warned me in a discussion about the benefits of honey and cinnamon

This was when I had my epiphany about cinnamon. Before that, it has never struck me how a familiar spice like cinnamon could possibly be "fake". Much puzzled by that remark, I queried further to get more information and subsequently was rewarded with an enlightenment on this exotic spice through a more intensive search in the world wide web.

My subsequent aquiring and tasting of the real cinnamon (both ground and sticks) also confirmed what others have said about the two types of cinnamon. The following will open your eyes to realise that not all cinnamon are equal and to know exactly what kind of cinnamon you have been eating.

Real Cinnamon

Ceylon cinnamon has been hailed as the "true cinnamon" or the "real cinnamon" that possesses outstanding health benefits especially for the diabetics and those challenged by obesity and high cholesterol issues. Unfortunately this cinnamon which is native to Sri Lanka and sourced from the plant Cinnamomum zeylanicum is rather unknown to most people. In the United States and many parts of Asia, what the majority of us have been buying from the Supermarket and groceries and consuming is actually not the real cinnamon but Cassia cinnamon, which comes from a different plant called Cinnamomum cassia, also known as Chinese cinnamon that are mostly cultivated in China and Indonesia. While the two species of cinnamon share certain characteristics such as antimicrobial, and in terms of inhibiting the growth of fungi and yeast, and regulating blood sugar, their contents differ much in terms of the amount of coumarin, which is a naturally ocurring substance with strong blood-thinning properties. The coumarin level in Ceylon cinnamon is negligibly small, while that in Cassia cinnamon is an appalling 1200 times higher. The ingestion of large amount of coumarin or consumption of coumarin over a prolonged period of time can cause serious health damages and a negative impact on the liver and kidney. German FDA has warned against consuming the excessive intake of Cassia bark due to its coumarin content.

Ground Cinnamon

Because there is no way to tell if the cinnamon powder has been made from the Ceylon or true cinnamon versus the Cassia cinnamon, and most bottles of cinnamon we buy (including the bottle I currently have in my kitchen) do not indicate the type of cinnamon tree the cinnamon is sourced from. In many countries this Ceylon cinnamon is just not imported in the country. Check directly with the supplier to ascertain its origin of the cinnamon before buying the cinnamon powder. And my review of the two types of cinnamon powder? When the packages (ground and sticks) were air-freighted to me, I immediately opened one up and took a sniff of the powder. WOW BANG! It was exactly like how others have described it! The aroma was sweet enough to make you fall in love with it immediately. Its pleasant fragrance was a heaven and earth difference from the harsh, pungent Cassia cinnamon I had always known. Never did I ever expect cinnamon could smell so delightful. Immediately I was able to imagine the vast difference in taste it would make for baking pastries and cakes. Before that, I was never able to understand how one could make their own Christmas ornaments with Cinnamon sticks or allow the natural fragrance of cinnamon to fill their home. Now with just one sniff of the Ceylon cinnamon, I could make all those connections straight away. What a lovely discovery!

Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks
1lb bag — $13.99

#22 GrandmasterP

GrandmasterP

"Cultivate Mindfully"

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6591 posts
  • Interests:Self-Employed Window Cleaner
    QiGong on the beach.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

This does not constitute advice to anyone else nor a prescription but dandelion tea is the best diuretic I have ever come across for flushing out my elderly kidneys.
Marvellous stuff. Potters herbal supplies sell it here in the UK.
  • gendao and Formless Tao said thanks for this
Chinese Health QiGong Association here...
http://jsqg.sport.org.cn/en/
More about Mindfulness here...
http://bemindful.co.uk/

" A Zen master's life is one continuous mistake."
( Dogen).

#23 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

^^ Note: According to this study, Cinnamomum cassia was effective against cancer too..

And more on DCA:

Cancer is cured but Big Pharma has no interest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtZZR2F01ss
Evangelos Michelakis of the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, and his colleagues tested DCA on human cells cultured outside the body and found that it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells, but not healthy cells. Tumours in rats deliberately infected with human cancer also shrank drastically when they were fed DCA-laced water for several weeks.

DCA attacks a unique feature of cancer cells: the fact that they make their energy throughout the main body of the cell, rather than in distinct organelles called mitochondria. This process, called glycolysis, is inefficient and uses up vast amounts of sugar.

Until now it had been assumed that cancer cells used glycolysis because their mitochondria were irreparably damaged. However, Michelakis's experiments prove this is not the case, because DCA reawakened the mitochondria in cancer cells. The cells then withered and died (Cancer Cell, DOI: 10.1016/j.ccr.2006.10.020).

Michelakis suggests that the switch to glycolysis as an energy source occurs when cells in the middle of an abnormal but benign lump don't get enough oxygen for their mitochondria to work properly (see diagram). In order to survive, they switch off their mitochondria and start producing energy through glycolysis.

Crucially, though, mitochondria do another job in cells: they activate apoptosis, the process by which abnormal cells self-destruct. When cells switch mitochondria off, they become "immortal", outliving other cells in the tumour and so becoming dominant. Once reawakened by DCA, mitochondria reactivate apoptosis and order the abnormal cells to die.

"The results are intriguing because they point to a critical role that mitochondria play:

they impart a unique trait to cancer cells that can be exploited for cancer therapy," says Dario Altieri, director of the University of Massachusetts Cancer Center in Worcester.

The phenomenon might also explain how secondary cancers form. Glycolysis generates lactic acid, which can break down the collagen matrix holding cells together. This means abnormal cells can be released and float to other parts of the body, where they seed new tumours.

DCA can cause pain, numbness and gait disturbances in some patients, but this may be a price worth paying if it turns out to be effective against all cancers. The next step is to run clinical trials of DCA in people with cancer. These may have to be funded by charities, universities and governments: pharmaceutical companies are unlikely to pay because they can't make money on unpatented medicines. The pay-off is that if DCA does work, it will be easy to manufacture and dirt cheap.

Paul Clarke, a cancer cell biologist at the University of Dundee in the UK, says the findings challenge the current assumption that mutations, not metabolism, spark off cancers. "The question is: which comes first?" he says.

DCA (Dichloroacetic Acid) Cancer Treatment and Potential Cancer Cure

Also Research Alternative Cancer/HIV-AIDS Treatments and Immune Response System Enhancers Such as:
MegaDoses of Intravenous Vitamin C Infusion Treatment, Vitamin B17 Apple and Apricot Seeds + Vitamin B17 Dieting/Injections, ProAlgaZyme, Graviola, CellQuest, Protocel, DCA, Rose-Bengal PV-10 and Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Dieting-Juicing (As well as Qi-Gong/Tai-Chi/Yoga Breathing Exercises)

#24 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

How gold nanotech particles heated by IR light penetrating 3" deep into the body can kill cancer cells & tumors:

#25 adept

adept

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1083 posts
  • Interests:Qigong
    Buddhism

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Modified Ecstasy (MDMA)

Excellent news !
Way back when I was a hell-raising clubber I consumed copious amounts of E. :D :D :D

#26 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

^ Lol.. :lol:

Turkey Tail Mushroom

Stamets is one of the most prominent proponents of using mushrooms for medicinal purposes.

shiitake mushrooms have the longest track record of research in health benefits. Chemicals in them may stimulate the immune system and lower cholesterol.

White button mushrooms found in salad are also high in vitamin B complex, and the antioxidant properties of mushrooms could protect against heart disease and cancer.

And even hallucinogenic mushrooms are proving to have clinical uses. Psilocybin, one of the psychedelic compounds in "magic" mushrooms, may have uses for depression, a study recently suggested. There has also been research showing that healthy people given this drug in an experimental setting report having life-changes experiences and positive effects from them that last up to 25 years.

Stamets points to his mother as a living example of how useful mushrooms may be. Patty Stamets, 86, had stage 4 metastatic breast cancer in 2009, and doctors gave her three months to live. But after a year of turkey tail mushroom supplement in addition to the standard drugs Taxol (paclitaxel) and Herceptin (trastuzumab), she had no detectable cancer.
Posted Image
Stamets himself eats mushrooms three to four times a week, and he recommends that everyone else do the same. Always cook mushrooms to get their immune-boosting benefits, he says. Cooking also destroys any toxins that may be present in edible mushrooms such as shiitake and morels

Stamets likes his mushrooms crispy brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjv8Zj1ABAc

#27 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36572 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I will continue to stay away from E and mushrooms as well. I like to know when I'm having fun.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#28 3bob

3bob

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4868 posts
  • Interests:Om

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Dandelion tea can be found in mainstream grocery stores. I've bought the organic variation in such stores which has some other herbs mixed into it. I know it is a lot better for me than drinking bad coffee strained through cheap paper filters along with denatured white sugar.

#29 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36572 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yeah, I mostly use my coppee pot that uses paper filters. I have an espresso machine with a metal filter but use that for only special occasions, like when I want a good butt-kicking.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#30 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

IP6 (inositol hexophosphate)

IP6 is Highly Effective Alternative Treatment for Cancer

Anyone looking for effective alternatives to the treatments offered by traditional cancer specialists might want to look at inositol hexophosphate (IP6). It is a very simple and inexpensive treatment

IP6 is found effective against prostate cancer
In a recent study at the University of Colorado Cancer Center, more specific mechanisms through which IP6 is effective were identified. Scientists had previously found that IP6 increased the activity of genes that control proteins in human prostate cancer cells lacking functional p53, the gene that provides much cancer protection. They sought to determine whether this increased activity plays a role in IP6's anti-tumor effect. They found that the two genes activated by IP6, p21 and p27, play a critical role in mediating the anticancer effectiveness of IP6. Following activation of the genes by IP6, they were able to halt tumor growth and promote the appropriate death of cells in a process known as apoptosis.

other research from the University of Colorado that evaluated the efficacy of IP6 against prostate tumor growth and progression. Prostate cancer was induced in mice given either water containing IP6 or plain water. The researchers found that IP6 inhibited the progression of the cancer cells and strongly reduced the incidence of adenocarcinoma. This is of high significance because 95% of prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, meaning the cancer has developed in the lining or inner surface of the gland.

The incidences of well-differentiated and poorly differentiated adenocarcinomas in the group fed IP6 were reduced by 44% and 62% respectively. Analysis of the prostate tissue showed a 3.5 fold increase in malignant cell death. This highly significant finding established for the first time that oral IP6 suppresses prostate tumor growth and progression at the stage of abnormal or uncontrolled growth.

IP6 is non-toxic and produces no side effect

IP6 is a compound found in beans, whole grains, nuts, seeds, rice and wheat bran, corn, and sesame. One-half cup of whole kernel corn contains a whopping 650 mgs of IP6. It is composed of an inositol sugar molecule (one of the B vitamins), with six phosphate groups attached. Because it is a sugar molecule, it has a pleasant, sweet taste. Because it is from food and not from a drug laboratory, IP6 has no toxic effects in the body even at high doses.

Although the IP6 compound was identified many years ago, it wasn't until the late 1980's that its ability to control the rate of abnormal cell division was discovered. A scientist from the University of Maryland, Dr. Abulkalam Shamsuddin, found that IP6 was able to halt well developed cancers. While most cancer research centered on killing cancer cells, Dr. Shamsuddin proved that IP6 could normalize the sugar production of cancerous cells, thereby altering their gene expression toward a more healthful state. This discovery has major implications because cancer cells that are well behaved have far less negative consequences to health.

IP6 works in many ways against cancer
Whether from food or from therapeutic supplemental doses, IP6 works against cancer in several ways. Its ability to act as an intracellular messenger means that it is integral in many cellular activities including:

Normalizing the rate of cell growth
When cancer cells lose their control mechanisms, rapid and uncontrolled division of malignant cells is often the result. As IP6 repairs the gene mutations and reestablishes control within the cells, their rate of division is slowed

Enhancing natural killer cells
Natural killer cells are white blood cells that help protect against infected or cancerous cells. Research has shown that the higher the amount of natural killer cell activity, the lower the incidence of some cancers. A healthy human produces 500 to 1000 cancer cells daily that need to be identified and disposed of by the body. Natural killer cells and natural cell programming result in the vast majority of these cells being destroyed and removed. However, when the body is under stress, including the stress produced by lack of sleep, natural killer cell population is compromised. When the body is under the ultimate stress of being forced to face a diagnosis of cancer and the terrifying toxic treatments that go with such a diagnosis, the natural killer cell population can be reduced at the time it is most needed. IP6 has been documented and proven to increase natural killer cells at such times.

Normalizing cell physiology
Because IP6 is able to restore aspects of normality to the cells, it is able to modulate how a cancer cell expresses itself and how threatening it will be. Experiments have shown that IP6 is able to normalize several aspects of cell physiology in spite of the fact that cancer cells have altered DNA. It was demonstrated in the above noted study that IP6 is able to alter gene expression to restore normality. The more a cell can return to its normal state, the more it loses its malignant characteristics.

Increasing tumor suppressor p53 gene activity
DNA contains tumor suppressor genes that inhibit pathways and processes that allow cells to become malignant. The p53 gene acts as a control to prevent genetically damaged or cancerous cells from growing and propagating. If the p53 gene becomes damaged or compromised, cancers can establish themselves more easily. IP6 has been shown to greatly increase the amount of p53 gene activity, up to seventeen times. When augmented by IP6, even the toxic treatments offered by traditional medicine become more effective due to its ability to increase p53 gene activity.

Enhancing apoptosis
Apoptosis is the orderly programmed process by which cells naturally die off. The process of apoptosis results in the removal of individual cells without affecting the surrounding cells. It is part of the growth and maintenance of healthy tissues. Cancerous cells do not want to die and are resistive to apoptosis. This is one mechanism of tumor formation. IP6 has been shown to restore cancerous cells to normality to the point where they are able to follow through with their programmed death.

Affecting angiogenesis
Angiogenesis is the process by which tumors set up their own blood supply, to assure themselves of getting the nutrients necessary to grow. Once this blood supply is set up, tumor growth spirals as more growth leads to more blood supply creation. IP6 has been shown to inhibit this process, resulting in the starvation of cancer cells.

Powerfully chelating heavy metal
Tumor cells use iron as a primary growth factor. According to researchers at Wake Forest University, iron chelators are of value in the treatment of cancer since they act by depleting iron and limiting tumor growth. IP6 binds with iron and escorts it from the body. Because IP6 is naturally found in all human cells, it has the ability to get inside tumor cells and remove their iron.

Inhibiting metastasis
IP6 inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion by preventing the adhesion of these cells to extra-cellular matrix proteins. This limited adhesion is very important following surgery and biopsy, as these procedures can cause cancer cells to become dislodged. One reason so many breast cancer patients have lymph nodes containing cancer cells is that the squeezing of the breast by the mammography used in diagnosis can dislodge cancer cells which then migrate to the lymph nodes.

Inhibiting inflammation
One key indicator used in predicting the survival rate for a cancer patient is the level of systemic inflammation. Inflammation is like a fire going on in the body that will destroy it if not stopped. IP6 helps stop inflammation through chemical messages that halt the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.

Inhibiting free radical production
IP6 acts as an antioxidant in the body. Antioxidants are known to protect against disease states and aging in general. Antioxidants bind with free radicals rendering them harmless. In their free state, these radicals can damage DNA and leave cells susceptible to mutations that can result in the production of cancerous cells. IP6 is significantly more potent as an antioxidant than green tea.

IP6 influences genes to halt colon cancer
In another recent study, more information about the molecular mechanisms through which IP6 acts was revealed. Scientists at the Medical University of Silesia in Poland investigated the influence of IP6 on the expression of genes encoding subunits of NFkappaB and of its inhibitor, IkappaBalpha, in human colorectal cancer cells. The results of their study suggest that IP6 primarily influences p65 and IkappaBalpha expression in colon cancer cells. The amount of activity seen was dependent on the IP6 levels and the amount of time it had been present in the cells.

Populations with diets high in IP6 have low incidences of cancers
Dr. Shamsuddin's studies have shown that tumor regression takes place in people using 8 grams of IP6 daily for three to four weeks. This is the amount that would be found in 12 ounces of whole kernel corn. One of his studies found that after two weeks the tumors of mice treated three times a week with IP6 were 96 percent smaller than the tumors of mice that did not receive IP6. Populations with diets high in IP6 have lower incidences of cancers of the breast, colon and prostate. Dr. Shamsuddin's laboratory experiments with IP6 have been reproduced and extended by scientists around the world, reconfirming his amazing findings. This study is from Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica, November through December, 2008.

IP6 is more than a cancer treatment
In addition to the anti-cancer benefits of IP6, research is revealing its benefits in treating diabetes, depression, osteoporosis, heart disease, and kidney stones. It has recently been shown to help Parkinson's patients because of its ability to chelate excess iron and thereby reduce oxidative stress that results in neuronal degradation.

Treating cancer with IP6
For anyone choosing to use IP6 as a cancer cure or a preventative there are some things to know. IP6 is present in all human cells, and considered quite safe to use. However, IP6 obtained from food is bound to protein. Before it can be absorbed by the body, it must be freed from this protein by the enzyme phytase that is present in food and naturally in the intestinal tract. The power of the phytase enzyme is damaging to IP6 and renders much of it inactive and therefore less effective when obtained in this form. Pure IP6 from a supplement is not bound to protein and is easily absorbed intact and able to provide its complete medicinal properties.

Many holistic healers and naturopaths recommend IP6 as a standard alternative treatment to be used along with others alternative treatments for active cancer. For people with a high risk of cancer or who have had cancer and want to prevent a recurrence, IP6 is also consistently recommended. Some traditional physicians are becoming aware of the benefits of IP6 and although they can't bring themselves to abandon their toxic treatments, they are adding IP6 to their protocols.

IP6 goes by the chemical name inositol hexaphosphate.
IP6 is basically a sugar molecule with phosphate groups attached.
IP6 has been shown to inhibit various cancers in humans and animals.
IP6 has been shown to be an effective treatment for kidney stones, high cholesterol and high blood lipids.
Much of the scientific support for IP6 is derived from the research of noted scientist Abulkalam Shamsuddin, M.D., of the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Foods that contain significant amounts of IP6 include: soybeans, rice, sesame, beans, legumes, corn and cereals.
IP6 has no known toxic effects.
It is also an important component of cereals and legumes and may be the active ingredient in fiber that is anti-carcinogenic.

IP6 has been shown in more than 25 studies to prevent the growth of tumors and shrink existing tumors. But what if we drank the IP6? Rats that were given IP6 in their water had an even lower incidence of tumor formation. In fact, drinking IP6 seemed to work twice as well as eating the high-bran foods.

Most IP6 is derived from cereals. Corn apparently has the highest concentration of IP6 (~6 percent), followed by sesame (5 percent), wheat (2 to 3 percent) and rice (2 percent). As of this printing, IP6 should now be available in pill or powder form. The advantage of taking a pill over food is that not all IP6 is absorbed from food. For instance, if you eat 100 gm of rice, not all of the 2 gm of IP6 present in that rice will be absorbed.

Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells. It was recently recognized to possess multiple biological functions. A striking anticancer effect of IP6 was demonstrated in different experimental models. Inositol is also a natural constituent possessing moderate anticancer activity. The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol. In addition to reducing cell proliferation, IP6 increases differentiation of malignant cells, often resulting in a reversion to normal phenotype. Exogenously administered IP6 is rapidly taken into the cells and dephosphorylated to lower-phosphate inositol phosphates, which further interfere with signal transduction pathways and cell cycle arrest. Enhanced immunity and antioxidant properties can also contribute to tumor cell destruction. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying this anticancer action are not fully understood. Because it is abundantly present in regular diet, efficiently absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, and safe, IP6 holds great promise in our strategies for the prevention and treatment of cancer.

Contrary to the dogma and skepticism at that time, we showed that IP6 is taken up by malignant cells and that orally administered IP6 can reach target tumor tissue distant from the gastrointestinal tract. Because of the highly charged nature of IP6, it was a common misconception that it could not be transported into the cells.

As hypothesized, it was demonstrated that IP6 is a broad-spectrum antineoplastic agent, affecting different cells and tissue systems.

One patient with liver metastasis refused chemotherapy after the first treatment, and she was treated only with IP6 plus inositol; her control ultrasound and abdominal computed tomography scan 14 mo after surgery showed a significantly reduced growth rate. A reduced tumor growth rate was noticed overall and in some cases a regression of lesions was noted.

In humans, IP6 not only has almost no toxic effects, but it has many other beneficial health effects such as inhibition of kidney stone formation and reduction in risk of developing cardiovascular disease.

Given that tumor cells utilize iron as a primary growth factor, cancer researchers are searching for a drug that would be able to attach to (chelate) iron molecules and remove them from the body, thus producing an effective anti-cancer drug.

Rice bran extract (IP6)
Nature's most effective iron-chelating molecule is inositol hexaphosphate (IP6), found naturally in seeds and bran. IP6 is a selective agent against cancer cells. Because cancer cells are high in iron content, IP6 directs most of its attention to abnormal cells. IP6 selectively removes iron from tumors cells, which deprives them of their primary growth factor. IP6 does not remove iron from red blood cells which are tightly bound to hemoglobin. Unlike cancer drugs, healthy cells are not affected with IP6, so IP6 has very low toxicity.

There have been numerous lab dish and animal studies that conclusively prove IP6 is an effective and non-toxic anti-cancer molecule.

Sulforaphane

Eat Your Broccoli: Study Finds Strong Anti-Cancer Properties In Cruciferous Veggies

Researchers at the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University have found that sulforaphane – a compound found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, bok choy and brussels sprouts – has strong anti-cancer properties.

Even more promising results have been found in broccoli sprouts. The tiny, thread-like broccoli sprouts sold at stores next to alfalfa sprouts have more than 50 times the amount of sulforaphane than found in mature broccoli.

While Ho said the research is not at the point where she can make a specific recommendation on how much broccoli or bok choy to eat, she personally tries to have two servings of cruciferous vegetables a day.

“The compound in broccoli may be one of the strongest anti-cancer fighters we have,” Ho said.

JOHNS HOPKINS SCIENTISTS have found a new and highly concentrated source of sulforaphane, a compound they identified in 1992 that helps mobilize the body's natural cancer-fighting resources and reduces risk of developing cancer.

"Three-day-old broccoli sprouts consistently contain 20 to 50 times the amount of chemoprotective compounds found in mature broccoli heads, and may offer a simple, dietary means of chemically reducing cancer risk," says Paul Talalay, M.D., J.J. Abel Distinguished Service Professor of Pharmacology.

Talalay's research team fed extracts of the sprouts to groups of 20 female rats for five days, and exposed them and a control group that had not received the extracts to a carcinogen, dimethylbenzanthracene. The rats that received the extracts developed fewer tumors, and those that did get tumors had smaller growths that took longer to develop. In a paper published in tomorrow's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Talalay and his coworkers describe their successful efforts to build on their 1992 discovery of sulforaphane's chemoprotective properties.

naturally occurring compounds in edible plants that mobilize Phase 2 detoxification enzymes. These enzymes neutralize highly reactive, dangerous forms of cancer-causing chemicals before they can damage DNA and promote cancer.

Sulforaphane "is a very potent promoter of Phase 2 enzymes," says Jed Fahey, plant physiologist and manager of the Brassica Chemoprotection Laboratory at Hopkins, and broccoli contains unusually high levels of glucoraphanin, the naturally-occurring precursor of sulforaphane.

Sulforaphane, Compound In Broccoli, Could Fight Leukemia: Study

A powerful cancer fighter might be sitting right on your plate.

A new study from Baylor College of Medicine researchers shows that a compound found in cruciferous veggies, like broccoli, is able to kill leukemia cells in the laboratory.

The findings, published in the journal PLoS ONE, showed that incubating the compound, called sulforaphane, with cells of acute lymphoblastic leukemia caused the cancer cells to die. Plus, the sulforaphane didn't seem to have any kind of effect on healthy cells.

A past study in the journal Clinical Cancer Research also showed that sulforaphane is able to kill breast cancer stem cells in mice and in lab cultures, and also prevented new tumor cells from growing.

Edited by vortex, 04 January 2013 - 02:49 PM.

• cheya and suninmyeyes said thanks for this

#31 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

Raw Foods Detox Diet

After an initial surgery for Stage 3 colon cancer, Chris refused chemo against the advice of his doctor and has been cancer-free for the past 8 years using a raw foods diet, juicing, herbs, rebounding, sauna, prayer & other natural therapies...

Cannabis

2zfritw.jpg

Cannabis oil may actually be the #1 natural cure for cancer, though.  Allegedly, you stand a good chance of curing your cancer in a few months for just $2000 with it.  And with a lot less pain!!! B)

Although, I would still combine it with other therapies, ESPECIALLY those for resolving deep-seated psychological issues and releasing emotional traumas...

#32 gendao

gendao

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4285 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Ketogenic Diet

Cutting out carbs if you have cancer could also starve out cancer cells, which apparently cannot metabolically switch from consuming glucose to ketone bodies, like normal cells...

ketogenic diet amounts to nothing less than a drug-free cancer treatment. The diet calls for eliminating carbohydrates, replacing them with healthy fats and protein.

The premise is that since cancer cells need glucose to thrive, and carbohydrates turn into glucose in your body, then cutting out carbs literally starves the cancer cells.

This type of diet, in which you replace carbs with moderate amounts of high quality protein and high amounts of beneficial fat

ketogenic diet, which can be summarized as a high-fat, moderate-protein, no-grain-carb diet, has brought many back to health, even after being diagnosed with aggressive cancer, and given no hope of survival.

Just imagine if you combined this diet with some of the other numerous herbs and therapies in this thread...!  You could stand a pretty good shot!  It will be up to YOU, to take control of your own health though, not Big Pharma/Gov/Bro!

The reason for not initiating clinical trials on the RKD for brain cancer management in the US remains unclear. Some have suggested that the North America Brain Tumor Collaborative (NABTC) prefers “hand-medown” drug therapies from other cancer studies rather than exploring potentially more effective alternative approaches. It is unknown if the reluctance to consider alternative approaches to GBM management rests with the NABTC or with those who advise the Collaborative. Based on pre-clinical studies in mice and case studies in patients, it is obvious that the RKD should be investigated for its therapeutic potential for managing GBM and other malignant brain cancers. The failure to initiate clinical trials is unfortunate especially for those GBM patients who might benefit from using the RKD for managing their disease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users