Marblehead

Lily Of The Day

?? How the heck do you still have blooms in july.?? Or are they not still blooming.

I planted some , they bloomed a week or so and that was it, then the rest of the year they looked like grass that needed mowing.

Stosh

?? How the heck do you still have blooms in july.?? Or are they not still blooming.

I planted some , they bloomed a week or so and that was it, then the rest of the year they looked like grass that needed mowing.

Stosh

Actually, the pictures I am posting right now are from earlier in the year. However, yes, I still have some blooming. Just took pictures of two more yesterday and it looks like one more will be opening later today. I guess I will still have about 12 - 18 more blooms before the plants go summer dormant.

I have found that as soon as the plants start putting out the flower scapes you should fertilize (I use a liquid fertilizer for faster absorption) and water them every day or at least every other day.

I do have many plants and some are more mature than others so I get the flowers for a longer period of time.

It's too late to do anything different this year but next Spring you might try the fertilizer/water idea. Good luck with them!

It's too late to do anything different this year but next Spring you might try the fertilizer/water idea. Good luck with them!

Thanks for the luck but I am in an apt rather than house now, the exposure is dark in the winter and hot as hades in the summer, so although I am good with plants, its an uphill climb for anything other than cacti right now, for me.

Im still impressed though.

Stosh

Something went Ahh! in me,when I saw this one.

Yeah, she's a pretty one, isn't she?

Next

Edited by Marblehead