#817 OldAngel

OldAngel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4441 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

I'm a bit of a geek and am about to use Star Wars analogies....you are forewarned. :lol:  

I was meditating a bit today on some things relating to sexual energy and i couldn't help but notice how in Star Wars the path of the Sith very much relates to sexual energy. The predominant theme in Sith lore (for those whom aren't nerds) is the pursuit of power and the use of one's passions in order to be victorious. I see a similar theme in harnessing the power of sexual energy, only there is a problem with the "Dark Side" of the force. It corrupts and drives the Sith to cruelty and betrayal. 

After reflection i see that there is a similar ruthlessness when working with sexual energy. It flows unabashedly through your body and is constantly seeking to break through blockages and highlighting you energetic weakness. If you don't take the hint and overcome these energetic imbalances as they emerge in your life, then they will continue to exert themselves, and potentially drive you to do dumb shit much like the Sith do in there violent fits of anger and rage (note they also have red lightsabers....fire).  

Subjugating others to your will, the desire to control and contain power, hatred of the weak....these are all imbalanced expressions of fiery energies and can get quite out of control if you do not handle them. It can be a brutal and heartbreaking path to ride this fiery wave. 

The point of this post was to simply highlight the need for "Balance" when walking a "passionate" path. You are always walking a thin red line between ones wrathful and compassionate nature and whatever weakness you have within you....sexual energy will excite them and bring them to the forefront. Be a cool Sith not an ass-head. Cheers.   B)

Edited by OldWolf, 02 February 2017 - 11:06 AM.

• rex, Jeff and phil48 said thanks for this

#818 Jeff

Jeff

Focused on the moment

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3329 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

I'm a bit of a geek and am about to use Star Wars analogies....you are forewarned. :lol:  

I was meditating a bit today on some things relating to sexual energy and i couldn't help but notice how in Star Wars the path of the Sith very much relates to sexual energy. The predominant theme in Sith lore (for those whom aren't nerds) is the pursuit of power and the use of one's passions in order to be victorious. I see a similar theme in harnessing the power of sexual energy, only there is a problem with the "Dark Side" of the force. It corrupts and drives the Sith to cruelty and betrayal. 

After reflection i see that there is a similar ruthlessness when working with sexual energy. It flows unabashedly through your body and is constantly seeking to break through blockages and highlight you energetic weakness. If you don't take the hint and overcome these energetic imbalances as they emerge in your life, then they will continue to exert themselves, and potentially drive you to do dumb shit much like the Sith do in there violent fits of anger and rage (note they also have red lightsabers....fire).  

Subjugating others to your will, the desire to control and contain power, hatred of the weak....these are all imbalanced expressions of fiery energies and can get quite out of control if you do not handle them. It can be a brutal and heartbreaking path to ride this fiery wave. 

The point of this post was to simply highlight the need for "Balance" when walking a "passionate" path. You are always walking a thin red line between ones wrathful and compassionate nature and whatever weakness you have within you....sexual energy will excite them and bring them to the forefront. Be a cool Sith not an ass-head. Cheers.   B)

Very interesting theory with Star Wars.  But, I would argue that it was not sex, but anger (and self ego) that caused the fall.  Before Darth Vader turns he loves Padma, then the love turns to fear as he worries about her (and the child).  That fear has constantly bubbling anger that leads to his desire to control the situation.

So I would say that it is fear > anger > desire to have control to stop the fear that leads one to the dark side of the force... 

• OldAngel said thanks for this
No worries... I am only speaking on my own authority.

#819 OldAngel

OldAngel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4441 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

Very interesting theory with Star Wars.  But, I would argue that it was not sex, but anger (and self ego) that caused the fall.  Before Darth Vader turns he loves Padma, then the love turns to fear as he worries about her (and the child).  That fear has constantly bubbling anger that leads to his desire to control the situation.

So I would say that it is fear > anger > desire to have control to stop the fear that leads one to the dark side of the force... 

My point is that on an energetic level all of these (fear, anger, cruelty...etc) register as imbalances in the channels. By having that knowledge we can use esoteric techniques to remove those imbalances so they are no longer exacerbated and balance can resume, this is a very long process. I was not necessarily referring to the sexual act but to the chthonic and fiery force behind it which intensifies the vitality flowing through us and thus makes all of our frailties that much more apparent to the conscious mind.  

This whole thread is not about sex at all but the vital force itself. 

Edited by OldWolf, 02 February 2017 - 11:05 AM.

• rex said thanks for this

#820 OldAngel

OldAngel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4441 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

Some observations i've made in regards to searching out and communing with Dao Ladies. It's become apparent to me that for most people, when searching for a lover, that we are usually seduced by the Sacral and the Eyes (at-least for men) or another way of putting it is as Beauty and Sexual desire.

A deeper level down is being attracted to partners via the energy they give off....certain types of energy resonate and stimulate us to a greater degree in our desire to connect (natural consorts). However, an even deeper level i've found is seeking and connecting via the True heart.  

As we dissolve through the obstacles of the senses and merge with our own True Heart then we become capable of merging with another in the same fashion. The beauty of the physical and the urges of the sacral is no longer as seductive. Getting to this point is a disastrously long and intense process of cultivation.....but i think it's important to know that it is a realistic goal that a person can strive towards....rather than an impossible ideal.

Personally i am not completely there yet (almost, still striving)....but i had an intense glimpse into this next level of Being and thought i'd share. Cheers.    :wub:

• thelerner and phil48 said thanks for this

#821 Jehudi

Jehudi

Nasarean Yogi of the Essene Tao

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

I have experienced all three of these outcomes when i attempted to conserve Jing in the past. Therefore there are 2 qualities that are required to conserve Jing successfully: Mental Clarity and Emotional Stability. Both qualities are complementary to each other.

If you do not have Mental Clarity then you will lose to your fantasies. If you do not have Emotional Stability then you will end up getting very angry and saying and doing dumb shit. Being grounded is very important in this practice.

what ways are good for cultivating Mental Clarity and Emotional Stability?

#822 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9901 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

hope this isn't too much of a tangent. 

In my opinion, I don't think regular meditation, ie empty sitting, or energy meditation promotes Emotional Stability.  Nor does going the hermitage route, not when you return to the messiness of 'real' life. 

Emotional stability comes with practice, and experience; it grows by putting ourselves out there, on the hard knock streets.   Keeping a quiet mind with deep equanimity that doesn't dwell too much on the future or past seems to be part of it.  Practicing compassion but not clinging. 

Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#823 OldAngel

OldAngel

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4441 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Meditation, Chi Kung.....any practice that helps still the mind and purify the energy body. 

Edited by OldWolf, 09 February 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#824 Golden Dragon Shining

Golden Dragon Shining

饮酒和谐

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

I think both genders find eyes attractive/ revealing/ producing or not a spark, the eyes are connected to the heart

Why do you speak negatively of the Sith but then have one as your avatar?

The Jedi practice celibacy and are not allowed to have children, their order is as strict as the Sith.

I align more with the Grey Jedi :P neither left or right

61958c9c34428dc31cdedb285ddc5c9c.jpg

Thousands of years before the Clone Wars,[3] the Jedi Order and the individuals who became the Sith were considered brothers in the Force. This unity fractured, however, during the period of time known as the Hundred-Year Darkness,[4] when a rogue Jedi came to believe that the true power of the Force lay not through contemplation and passivity, and that only by tapping its dark side could its true potential be reached. The Jedi High Council balked at this new direction and the Dark Jedi was cast out, but he gained followers and formed a new order,[5] which eventually became the Sith.[4]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hundred-Year_Darkness

Passion is things like love which was forbidden by the Jedi "attachment and possession were forbidden", there are a number of dystopian concepts around this type of thing, where emotion is seen a negative entirely and to be suppressed/ medicated away ha.

I see non-attachment as impossible in general living and so an irrational ideology, in meditation ok, they will have attachment to being Jedi and all their values though, otherwise they would be nothing. If they really had no attachment they wouldn't care either way if a Death Star was being created.

Edited by Sionnach, 11 February 2017 - 10:11 PM.

UPzNG5C.png

"Taoism: It's most direct and universal functions for people in the ordinary world are the recognition of natural laws, promotion of health, prevention of illness, prolongation of life, and the stimulation of the development of culture and civilization based on successful cooperation between humanity and nature, and between the individual and society as a whole." Opening the Dragon Gate

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celibacy, Retention, Jing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users