OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4371 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

POPULAR

I accomplished the 100 days of conserving Jing and thought i would share my experiences on what i feel to be a very beneficial practice. Note this post is directed towards men, i have no experience of conserving jing as a women...at least in this life.

There are three possible outcomes of Jing conservation.

1. You give in to fantasies and release your Jing...thus failing
2. You become a very angry and irritable person for 100 days
3. You become a Dynamo of energy and grow in strength and power in every area of your life

I have experienced all three of these outcomes when i attempted to conserve Jing in the past. Therefore there are 2 qualities that are required to conserve Jing successfully: Mental Clarity and Emotional Stability. Both qualities are complementary to each other.

If you do not have Mental Clarity then you will lose to your fantasies. If you do not have Emotional Stability then you will end up getting very angry and saying and doing dumb shit. Being grounded is very important in this practice.

The first couple of weeks are perhaps the most difficult because your not used to the increased Vitality and Horniness that comes with the practice but... eventually your energies plataeu and you will get used to it.

Mental Clarity becomes even more important as the 100 days go by because i have found that if you fantasize during the day but still don't release Jing...those fantasies will carry over to your sleep and it will find a way to release itself during dream-time. All of these qualities are built upon a certain level of maturity that has been reached through cultivation.

Benefits of Semen Retention

Conserving Jing really is a fantastic practice. When you conserve your sexual energy it really is amazing how powerful you become in your own life...but in order to conserve jing effectively and use it to your benefit you must learn how to channel the inner fire. If fire is not channeled properly then you will be come an extremely agitated person.

When conserving Jing it has been my experience that instead of exploding your sexual energy though your dick it will start exploding inwards and manifest in your everyday life. Everything i did developed a new level of intensity and involvement...I became more productive and motivated in all areas of my life: i did better in school, chi-gung, and in my interpersonal relationships.

People often wonder how great cultivators can dedicate 8 hrs a day to cultivating...but when you have so much excess sexual energy your whole being wants to DO DO DO.

You feel like you have so much energy that you can do anything...and this energy must be channeled into something be it your esoteric practice or you building a business. You become a great tool of manifestation...all you need do is choose something to DO. But if you don't properly channel it into something it can drive you crazy.

Perhaps the most important of all the things i learned while cultivating is that when the mind is not constantly bickering then conserving your Jing becomes a natural state. When you discipline the monkey mind then conserving is easy...for those whom struggle too conserve and find that they can't.....go back to the drawing board....sit...and continue developing clarity....when you approach this practice with a reasonable level of clarity...then it is as easy as breathing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a side note i'd say that conserving Jing along combined dual cultivation is in many ways a superior practice than celibacy...but one that takes a very high level of discipline and self-control.

On the other hand Celibacy paired with conserving is better for those that wish to not develop any attachments and do not want to be tied down by a partner (ascetics). In such cases it is a simpler and much better practice to cultivate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am coming back to edit this post because when i first wrote it i was ignorant of the fact that actually having a spiritual practice for transmutation of jing was so important....i did not realize this simply because i was already practicing my Nei-Gong very intensively and had never conserved without it.

Having a transmutation practice is very important in order to effectively channel the built up sexual energy. If you don't already have a spiritual practice then some simple practices for this purpose are Meditating on the Lower Dantien or The Microcosmic Orbit. Both meditations can be found readily available online and are discussed in this thread.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi, 01 May 2016 - 09:10 AM.

• thelerner, rex, soaring crane and 33 others said thanks

#2 Harmonious Emptiness

Harmonious Emptiness

nemesis: Erroneous Cleanliness

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3345 posts
  • Interests:Putting Classical Chinese thoughts into English words

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Great post. Will be useful for many I'm sure.
  • snowmonki and OldWolf said thanks for this

#3 effilang

effilang

Xuan Daoji

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1072 posts
  • Interests:Xiao Yao Pai

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Awesomenessnessness.
  • snowmonki said thanks for this

Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao Yao Pai Facebook PAGE | WEB Page | Xiao Yao Pai Facebook GROUP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To attain knowledge, add things everyday. To attain wisdom, remove things everyday"

"One grows tall after walking through a forest of tall trees."

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains."

‪#xiaoyaopai #taoyinshu #daoyinshu #xuandaoji #spiritualdaoism #spiritualtaoism #daoism #taoism‬ ‪#‎meditation‬ ‪#‎laozi‬ ‪#‎spirituality‬ ‪#‎neidan‬ ‪#‎xian‬ ‪#‎immortality‬ ‪#‎yoga‬ ‪
#‎taoyin‬ ‪#‎qigong‬ ‪#‎taiji‬ ‪#‎wuji‬ ‪#‎tao‬ ‪#‎inspirational‬ ‪#‎art‬ ‪#‎bestoftheday‬ ‪#‎cool‬ ‪#‎life‬ ‪#‎lovely‬ ‪#‎instagood‬ ‪#‎me‬ ‪#‎followme‬ ‪#‎photooftheday‬ ‪#‎happy‬ ‪#‎beautiful‬ ‪#‎instadaily‬ ‪#‎discoveryou‬

#4 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Good explanation! :-)
  • snowmonki and mingming said thanks for this

#5 konchog uma

konchog uma

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

thanks and congratulations!

its been since late january for me, which puts me at about day 45. Not bad, but i never get to 100 days. Did you notice anything happen in the latter half of that period which didn't happen in the beginning? I usually make it to about 50 or 60 days at most and then my girlfriend gets the better of me... not sure why it happens that way. I'm curious about the significance of 100 days if anyone can comment on that

thanks
  • mingming said thanks for this

#6 Unseen_Abilities

Unseen_Abilities

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Music, Words, Art, Magic, Reality, Philosophy, Mysticism, Kung Fu.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi, I've only ever posted a few times here so you guys don't know me, but this post really piqued my interest...For a while now I've been reading of the benefits of conserving and transmuting sexual energy - In theory I can understand how one could potentially use and channel that force into non-sexual endeavours to great effect, but putting into practice, I've found, is a different thing altogether (which is pretty obvious now that I think about it...) I've found that when I try and go longer than 4 or 5 days (about a week is the longest I've gone) without ejaculating I find myself, like you mentioned in the original post, overcome with agitation and even anger. I'm in my early 20's and haven't had a lot of sex in my life (in fact it's been a looong time since I've had sex at all :closedeyes: ) and I've got a fairly high sex drive, as many young men do. I would like to experiment further with conservation, so as to (hopefully) enhance my life, gain more control over myself and better myself in general.

My question is: Can anybody here recommend a (safe!) way to simultaneously conserve my life force and gain more control over my mind at the same time? I've heard that certain practices can actually do more harm than good in this area, so I want to make sure I go about this properly. I have not yet achieved a great degree of spiritual awakening, largely because I haven't decided the path I would like to travel yet, and I would like to take the next step in self-development.

• mingming said thanks for this

".....Congratulations on cultivating yourself to be from China,

we will never be the same again....."

#7 InfinityTruth

InfinityTruth

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

I really like this post and seeing some of the benefits mentioned. It is like a carrot on a stick for me.

Like some of the other guys, I'm young and the longest I've made it is 6 days. I'm a persistent little bastard, nonetheless :lol: .

I have noticed some benefits even at the end of the first couple days.

...Like energetically I feel something going on.

Excuse me if this sounds totally ridiculous, but the one thing I read in thisbook (How to deepen your spiritual realization) is that you should not try to do it with willpower alone. Like you should place the desire into emptiness, so that you are not simply suppressing it. Which leads to wild crazy sex karma in future lives.

He also said you should fast from sexual thoughts during the 100 days, but he also stated that there is almost no one that is totally successful with that. :)
  • astralc said thanks for this
Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -Chuang Tzu

#8 Sunya

Sunya

Dharma Bum!

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

So do you still have sex or just stay completely celibate? I was thinking of trying it but have a girlfriend

The universe is this arising thought.
The universe is this arising sound.
Just this magnificent arising!
Is Tao.
Homage to all arising.

#9 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4371 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

thanks and congratulations!

its been since late january for me, which puts me at about day 45. Not bad, but i never get to 100 days. Did you notice anything happen in the latter half of that period which didn't happen in the beginning? I usually make it to about 50 or 60 days at most and then my girlfriend gets the better of me... not sure why it happens that way. I'm curious about the significance of 100 days if anyone can comment on that

thanks

Lol, if i had a girlfriend i am not sure whether i would be able to do it either. :lol:

Besides what i have already written i can't say i experienced anything more special over halfway through.

Supposedly when you conserve Jing for 100 days it helps build a foundation for internal alchemy: Jing--> Chi--> Shen--> Void

I am not sure if this is really true given that i do not have that level of sensitivity to where i can feel that subtle a difference in my body, however i have read about it in a variety of books. What i have confirmed for myself is that conserving one's Jing really gives a big boost to ones practice.

Hi, I've only ever posted a few times here so you guys don't know me, but this post really piqued my interest...For a while now I've been reading of the benefits of conserving and transmuting sexual energy - In theory I can understand how one could potentially use and channel that force into non-sexual endeavours to great effect, but putting into practice, I've found, is a different thing altogether (which is pretty obvious now that I think about it...) I've found that when I try and go longer than 4 or 5 days (about a week is the longest I've gone) without ejaculating I find myself, like you mentioned in the original post, overcome with agitation and even anger. I'm in my early 20's and haven't had a lot of sex in my life (in fact it's been a looong time since I've had sex at all :closedeyes: ) and I've got a fairly high sex drive, as many young men do. I would like to experiment further with conservation, so as to (hopefully) enhance my life, gain more control over myself and better myself in general.

My question is: Can anybody here recommend a (safe!) way to simultaneously conserve my life force and gain more control over my mind at the same time? I've heard that certain practices can actually do more harm than good in this area, so I want to make sure I go about this properly. I have not yet achieved a great degree of spiritual awakening, largely because I haven't decided the path I would like to travel yet, and I would like to take the next step in self-development.

Gaining control over your mind is more important. Your young and have plenty of essence to spare...just get a practice and dedicate yourself whole-heartedly to it and eventually when you have mastery over the monkey mind conserving will no longer be a struggle...but actually a very enjoyable past-time. ^_^

Semko has a great video on the topic. People release different amounts of energy per ejaculate. Experiment and see if you really feel the negative effects of releasing jing, some people lose very little energy when ejaculating...others a lot.

Excuse me if this sounds totally ridiculous, but the one thing I read in this book (How to deepen your spiritual realization) is that you should not try to do it with willpower alone. Like you should place the desire into emptiness, so that you are not simply suppressing it. Which leads to wild crazy sex karma in future lives.

He also said you should fast from sexual thoughts during the 100 days, but he also stated that there is almost no one that is totally successful with that. :)

I agree 100%.

Using willpower alone can result in struggling. Its a superior method to cut your sexual desires at there root before they manifest...the only way to do that is by controlling the mind and as you said "place the desire into emptiness" via fasting from sexual thoughts.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen, 10 March 2012 - 08:50 PM.

• JohnC said thanks for this

#10 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

I've been saving my semen for the 134 days. Two more and I should have the cup filled the brim wacko.gifhuh.gif : laugh.gif

• konchog uma said thanks for this
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#11 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4371 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

So do you still have sex or just stay completely celibate? I was thinking of trying it but have a girlfriend

You can still have sex and conserve jing...no need to be celibate. However, i don't have girlfriend so i am technically celibate...but more by default than anything else.

According to Daoist philosophy practicing sex while conserving jing is a very healthy practice and complements ones cultivation more than being celibate...plus you don't have to deal with all the non-sense of wanting to screw constantly and not being able to. ^_^

IMO it just takes a lot more discipline and self-control than being purely celibate.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen, 10 March 2012 - 09:08 PM.

• .broken. said thanks for this

#12 Unseen_Abilities

Unseen_Abilities

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Music, Words, Art, Magic, Reality, Philosophy, Mysticism, Kung Fu.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Gaining control over your mind is more important. Your young and have plenty of essence to spare...just get a practice and dedicate yourself whole-heartedly to it and eventually when you have mastery over the monkey mind conserving will no longer be a struggle...but actually a very enjoyable past-time. ^_^

Semko has a great video on the topic. People release different amounts of energy per ejaculate. Experiment and see if you really feel the negative effects of releasing jing, some people lose very little energy when ejaculating...others a lot.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Hi, thanks for replying. Forgive my ignorance on the topic (I should spend more time on here...) but, just quickly, what would be a good basic practice to begin with? Is simple self-observation enough to get the mind under control? Can you recommend anything else? I realise that everyone practices differently but I'm just looking for guidelines here. I don't call myself a Taoist (or anything right now) so can I still practice using Taoist methods? I have an interest in Western systems as well, like Kabbalah (to name one) Is it possible to practice both? I think that, somewhere inside me, I know it's possible but I haven't yet rid myself of the illusion of seperation...Kind of going off on a tangent here so I'll stop, sorry to hijack this thread :)

Thanks,

T.S

".....Congratulations on cultivating yourself to be from China,

we will never be the same again....."

#13 chi 2012

chi 2012

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Mastering the Release Technique/Sedona Method and my mind. Practicing Qigong. Creating weird mental experiments.

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've been doing semen retention for the 134 days. Two more and I should have the cup filled the brim :wacko: :huh: : :lol:

That is a crazy length of time. My longest was about 8 weeks. 6 1/2 weeks of Air Force basic training combined with about the first 10 days of tech school. It was an awesome sight to see after that. A mop and a bucket would of came in very handy to clean up the mess on the bathroom floor.

Edited by chi 2012, 10 March 2012 - 10:37 PM.

• astralc said thanks for this

#14 Gerard

Gerard

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 3537 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Edited by Gerard, 13 September 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#15 gj551

gj551

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:33 AM

you are of great character

how do you manage not having nocturnal emissions?

#16 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4371 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Hi, thanks for replying. Forgive my ignorance on the topic (I should spend more time on here...) but, just quickly, what would be a good basic practice to begin with? Is simple self-observation enough to get the mind under control? Can you recommend anything else? I realise that everyone practices differently but I'm just looking for guidelines here. I don't call myself a Taoist (or anything right now) so can I still practice using Taoist methods? I have an interest in Western systems as well, like Kabbalah (to name one) Is it possible to practice both? I think that, somewhere inside me, I know it's possible but I haven't yet rid myself of the illusion of seperation...Kind of going off on a tangent here so I'll stop, sorry to hijack this thread :)

Thanks,

T.S

Emptiness meditation is the most basic form of practice and it will be useful no matter what tradition you go into.

As for what tradition you'd like to practice...its all just methodology designed to get you to the same place...just with different vehicles. Find something that resonates deeply with you.

you are of great character

how do you manage not having nocturnal emissions?

Fasting from sexual thoughts. If you fantasize during the day it will literally flow into the night.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celibacy, Retention, Jing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users