idiot_stimpy

Sending Chi into something

My question is, can one direct chi that is felt in the body to a thing outside of the body?

And if you do manage to send this chi into another living thing, is it dangerous? For example, can it unbalance their energy body?

i find this subject confusing as well.

so here is master chunyi lin showing his healing method. I believe he says that students can start doing the healings right away, after minimal practice. that this is a natural ability we all have.

others say, that not only you can hurt the other person, but the healer if he/she doesn't have sufficient chi build up can hurt themselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD032QVYvKE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD032QVYvKE&feature=related

Edited by humbleone

so here is master chunyi lin showing his healing method. I believe he says that students can start doing the healings right away, after minimal practice. that this is a natural ability we all have.

Chunyi stresses that the root of disease and discomfort lies in energy blockages. Unblocking means releasing the energy that is in excess or stagnating or whatever. That energy itself is just energy, and has, inherently, neither a good nor bad effect. Only when it gets backed up etc and the balance is thrown off, do we see sickness arise.

He teaches that qigong healing is message healing, information healing, and as such it has as much to do with directing your mind as literally moving energy. But this also plays into beliefs. If you believe that you need to store up energy before healing, that you can exhaust yourself through healing, or that your energy can cause sickness or damage in others, then this is likely what you will experience.

OTOH, if you recognize that the energy you are tapping into, the primordial source of energy, the fundamental energy of the universe, is infinite, inexhaustible, and that you, in the act of healing (yourself or others) are merely directing it to move in one direction or another, then there is no problem with healing people all day and night without losing any of your own power and strength. In that case you are not using your own personal stored energy to do anything; you are directing the energy of the universe and the patient to line up and move in harmony and balance.

Your intent in moving energy is the key here.

You can't send someone 'bad' energy, because there is no such thing. What will happen is, should you intend this, that you will send energy to a system that can't handle it, will create a blockage, an overload, a failure, etc. Think of this--there is no 'good' water and 'bad' water, only water. Water is a lake is quite passive, but if you shoot it through a narrow gap it becomes quite destructive and powerful, with absolutely no change to its nature. Changing the circumstances of its motion makes the difference. And that, I believe, is what can happen when directing energy to heal or harm.

8)

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your replies.

So even if you feel yourself humming and vibrating all over (I am guessing that this is chi I am feeling), and direct it in to someone, holding the intent to heal, there is no way of overloading their system?

Thanks very much for your replies.

So even if you feel yourself humming and vibrating all over (I am guessing that this is chi I am feeling), and direct it in to someone, holding the intent to heal, there is no way of overloading their system?

You need to realize that one who emits/treats/works on another, there is a respect one has to have for the other body (which is a source of energy and has it's own connection to the universe).

You should request 'permission' prior to ever attempting any such interaction and exchange of energy.

How do you request permission? It is NOT by asking them. It is NOT by a verbal agreement... Your energy needs to ask their energy. Once you can do that, then you'll understand the first step in keeping yourself in check and feeling both your vibration and theirs. Next, quickly check the environment and setting; check yourself. If any of the three give off the slightly hesitation, time to pack up and go grab something to eat.

I am not so sure I would characterize it as overloading their system. You might violate their energies readiness or scatter their qi or cause qi to get stuck or stagnate somewhere. You could damage an organ irreversibly. You could give them a headache for life. Some issues only an advanced Qigong Master can reverse and some it may be too late. You could do all of this to yourself as well.

My first Tai Chi and Qigong teacher was by profession a shiatsu practitioner.

His personal cultivation was designed to build and strengthen his chi which he would use for healing others. He eventually developed cancer of the kidney and was convinced that this was caused by his use of chi for healing.

The disease eventually cost him his life.

He believed that he overdid things in so much as his healing of others overtook his personal cultivation resulting in a draining effect which made him susceptible to illness.

My first Tai Chi and Qigong teacher was by profession a shiatsu practitioner.

His personal cultivation was designed to build and strengthen his chi which he would use for healing others. He eventually developed cancer of the kidney and was convinced that this was caused by his use of chi for healing.

The disease eventually cost him his life.

He believed that he overdid things in so much as his healing of others overtook his personal cultivation resulting in a draining effect which made him susceptible to illness.

thank you for sharing.

i find healing a complicated subject, I worry about transference of karma from the sick. if bad karma causes sickness, where does it go when you heal someone?

YaMu(michael lomax) in his book gets into the issues of healing. I believe he advices a protective sheild to be used by the healer. regarding practice, he says in the book, one needs to practice for three hours a day in order to do healings.

My question is, can one direct chi that is felt in the body to a thing outside of the body?

And if you do manage to send this chi into another living thing, is it dangerous? For example, can it unbalance their energy body?

You may not know but there have been several discussions here about this. You might find them with a search, although I admit I personally have had varied results with searches on this board.

Here is some of my perspective on this subject:

http://qigongamerica.blogspot.com/2010/11/importance-of-energy-body.html

I think that there are two basic approaches. One is the lay person who may or may not have natural talents. Results can vary depending on "who they are". Included in this category are those that think "all is roses" and can do this type of thing without knowing anything and with no consequences.

The 2nd category is the professional who has been trained in medical qigong. Medical qigong is methods from clinic and hospital use of wai qi liao fa. There are many treatment approaches and some of them are quite involved and go far beyond the simple qi projection. Some of the systems are very effective.

My suggestion is, if you want to do this, consider a medical qigong training program and utilize the techniques within the system. There are several programs in the USA and I am sure one can find them in other countries.

• Like 8

I don't see any evidence that chi healing actually works in transmission. This is after looking at general average life expectancy charts of the populace that generally practice versus the ones the don't.

It seems like modern medicine is more of a determining factor. Honestly, I think regardless if it works or not, the energy would be better spent helping someone learn to heal them-self and then to teach another to do it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Lao Tzu

• Like 1

Imagine how quick awareness would spread if the only cost of learning Internal Alchemy was to pay forward what you learn to another.

• Like 1

I don't see any evidence that chi healing actually works in transmission. This is after looking at general average life expectancy charts of the populace that generally practice versus the ones the don't.

It seems like modern medicine is more of a determining factor. Honestly, I think regardless if it works or not, the energy would be better spent helping someone learn to heal them-self and then to teach another to do it.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. -Lao Tzu

I wonder if you've never been in pain to say that healing is not useful.

Look into Michael Lomax's healing system the results are astounding.

• Like 4

Doesn't matter rainbow, non can do it better than you because some energy is always lost in transfer.

Has anyone lived longer than expected because Michael Lomax healed them? Or do the ones who heal themselves live longer than expected? *shrugs* I'm too young to know.

Example: One cannot love for you, but they can love you and/or show you how to love.

What if the times it does work, it is proof of a placebo where people are really healing themselves anyway?

Edited by Informer

Doesn't matter rainbow, non can do it better than you because some energy is always lost in transfer.

Has anyone lived longer than expected because Michael Lomax healed them? Or do the ones who heal themselves live longer than expected? *shrugs* I'm too young to know.

If you have a debilitating problem/pain, i don't think you're too worried about decades in future when you may die, but rather not being able to function or enjoy life in the present.

If you have a debilitating problem/pain, i don't think you're too worried about decades in future when you may die, but rather not being able to function or enjoy life in the present.

So true. The fact is, billions of dollars are spent in the USA alone on pain relief, most of the time with western medicine without significant results. Medical qigong, on the other hand, works and works extremely well. This has been demonstrated by the many successful medical qigong hospitals in China and the many practitioners in clinic throughout the world.

Qigong self-healing has also been demonstrated to help a person in many ways; history of use over a long period of time. But sometimes we all need a little help.

• Like 1

Now, if you're talking about ttb member Non, I'd like to know more about his healing. ;)

I bet those who may be living longer from a healing session are not posting on this board. :P However, I know folks who are living better after a healing from Michael. And living better from self-healings through the practice of stillness-movement that he teaches. Is that type of healing good enough for you? The self-healings through practice? :huh: I invite you to come to the midwest this summer. We can sit and self-heal together! ^_^:D

:P I live in the midwest!

I still don't know if you can say that it is not a placebo induced from the suggestion and the people are healing themselves, right?

Self-healing through qigong practice is a grand thing and I believe everyone should practice qigong or neigong.

The facts are, though, that humanity goes through various personal trials. Our bodies are not really designed to withstand the type of trauma that a large part of the population goes through. As an example, our bodies cannot withstand going through the air in a chunk of metal at 70 mph and then achieving sudden and absolute deceleration through hitting another chunk of metal going at 70 mph. If the person or persons in said example actually live, guess what has happened to their bodies? Solution? Teach them Qigong and say, "bye, you should go back to work tomorrow"?

It doesn't work that way. Person is in tremendous pain for years, many for the rest of their life and seek help through the medical profession. The first doctor they see tries to patch them up best he can, a couple of surgeries, and addictive pain pills. But the intense pain remains. So the person is run through the medical mill, pays thousands and thousands of dollars but still has debilitating pain. This is an example of the typical clients we see in clinic everyday with medical qigong - they have tried everything else with no results. And the medical qigong practitioner achieves highly significant results.

To say only teach them qigong is not perceiving either the realities of qigong practice, or the amount of people who spend the billions on pain relief.

Look for posts by "kempomaster" and myself about healing animals. To say that medical qigong is placebo is totally uninformed. Animals do not respond to placebo. And most people who actually do not believe it will help also would not respond to placebo; but they do respond to medical qigong.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

I invite you to come to the midwest this summer. We can sit and self-heal together! ^_^:D

I am also in the midwest, and have been eager for a chance to attend on of Mr. Lomax's seminars. Would have been at the one in November, but transportation difficulties got the best of me. When does the great midwestern self-healing sit in begin? ^_^

It's an intersting question for sure, but why do you think 'healing' has anything to do with living longer? As in life expectancy?

If I have chronic asthma and Michael heals me of it, does it mean I'll live longer? Man, I could die due to many things, disease or non-disease related. But at least my life up until that point would have been lived free of asthma. So quality of life is good. Who wants to live longer and yet be suffering? That sucks.

Just my thoughts,

• Like 4