konchog uma

Layayoga by Goswami

Hi Anamatva, :)

Sounds to me like you have an authentic kundalini awakening there. Congratulations!

If you'd like to read more about some theory behind kundalini, I would recommend these links from my favorite monks:

Powers of the Spine

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_ch-38.html

The Evolution of Consciousness

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_ch-42.html

:)

TI

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

you're welcome 3bob, thank you for helpful advice! :)

well some of the questions have been answered by the book, since i finished the kundalini section in it yesterday. It echoed a lot of the info and advice i found here, and also that i experienced. And some questions have been answered by experience, of which i have very little of course, but it has still been instructional to honor this energy with practice.

Does kundalini have a counterpart in qi? I haven't read much about fa qi or holy qi except that it is like the "healing light of god" -Jerry A. Johnson

it also reminds me of the mayan word Copoya which was the shaman's "spirit power", and which translated literally as "blood lightening"

again, thanks for the advice. I am not even aware of anything advanced to do with it!! hahah so i am just, when it wakes, letting it go where it wants, which is usually up the spine. Sometimes it meanders, and sometimes its just a blinding flash and its reached the sahasrara in an instant, but from there i just let it do what it wants. I don't really direct it, or have any success directing it. Its enough to be able to direct the flow of my qi energy while the kundalini is activated, which i find very refreshing. My favorite is when the kundalini swims up to the white light which is the highest chakra. I find that when its there it reaches a non-dual state (and so do i depending on my level of absorbtion) and i can also cycle my qi up my central channel til it gets to the white chakra and then let it rain down, showering me with healing love energy and surrounding me in a sphere of radiance til it gets to below my feet, and then back up!

So in other words, i just try to let it go where it wants and be happy, and then manipulate the energies that i can manipulate. Like i said, i tried to direct it, and it laughed at me and told me clear as day "let go of that impulse" so i did.

yes to that last part btw... grain of salt!! I am beginning to trust the process and the energy, and it isn't as scary (vibrate-y and completely f*ing powerful) now as it was the first couple times. It is actually very gentle the last few days. But when i turn my inner eye to where i am feeling sensation within, i see lightning bright energy. Goswami says it is like a lotus filament, subtle and rarified. So i guess it is only forceful when it wants or needs to be.

Alrighto! That is all interesting, thanks for the sharing but perhaps you give away or go into to many details on the internet? I imagine that not many here are qualified to help you very much with such details including myself but I wish you well... and of course there is still the "world" to deal with and the whole ball of strings that go with it.

Om

Sounds to me like you have an authentic kundalini awakening there. Congratulations!

If you'd like to read more about some theory behind kundalini, I would recommend these links from my favorite monks:

Powers of the Spine

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_ch-38.html

The Evolution of Consciousness

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_ch-42.html

TI

thank you!

Alrighto! That is all interesting, thanks for the sharing but perhaps you give away or go into to many details on the internet? I imagine that not many here are qualified to help you very much with such details including myself but I wish you well... and of course there is still the "world" to deal with and the whole ball of strings that go with it.

Om

you're probably right. I guess i got a little rattled by the power and intensity of the experience. I am less afraid for lack of a guru by the day. thanks :) heheh i like world in quotes, i'm not an escapist, this experience has only helped me deal with the world!

you're probably right. I guess i got a little rattled by the power and intensity of the experience. I am less afraid for lack of a guru by the day. thanks :) heheh i like world in quotes, i'm not an escapist, this experience has only helped me deal with the world!

Anamatva

You can join the following for tons of advice and help with Yang Chi Awakenings (aka Kundalini):

Kundalini Support Network

[email protected]

One of my teachers - Tao Semko - is also available for Yang Chi Awakening help at Uuma Tantra

Enjoy! :)

Edited by SereneBlue
  • Like 1

Anamatva

You can join the following for tons of advice and help with Yang Chi Awakenings (aka Kundalini):

Kundalini Support Network

[email protected]

One of my teachers - Tao Semko - is also available for Yang Chi Awakening help at Uuma Tantra

Enjoy! :)

thanks SB! that site is under construction, but it had some interesting info.. it related kundalini to greater kan and li, and to the shekinah (holy spirit), and like 7 other names from 7 other wisdom traditions. I joined that yahoogroup.. thanks a ton!! :wub:

Oh.

One other resource. And I can firmly vouch that it does work as I've tried it.

If you want to raise oodles and oodles of Jing very quickly there is no faster way than to follow Taobum's very own Witch's (Marena Lindberg) diet and exercise program which is specifically designed to do exactly that. I can personally vouch that she's absolutely right. Witch managed to open her 3rd eye via this program. That is - she independently re-invented some ancient Taoist and Yogic techniques that raise a huge amount of Jing very quickly but teaches it in modern, easy to understand terms of exercise and certain ratios of certain dietary supplements.

The results can be particularly hard for men because the need for relief will be overwhelming. But the idea is to try as much as you can to not ejaculate so that that massive amount of Jing will power up and convert to Yang Chi (Kundalini).

I've linked to Witch's book below.

It's written for women but men who go on her diet/kegel program have the same result - massive amounts of Jing raised in a *very* short amount of time.

The Orgasmic Diet

p.s. I had to quit her diet before awakening Yang Chi because I'm not in good health. However, once my issues are cleared up I plan to jump back into it.

Oh...

And 2 final tips you might try.

1. Recite a section of a dharma teaching to either a person, animal or even an empty room or outdoors every day.

2. Try to make an extra effort - above and beyond what you normally would - every day - to do a good deed.

Doing the above 2 things will speed up Yang Chi awakening - and speeds up the day your Heart-mind will fully open. :D

Hi SereneBlue :)

I don't think kundalini is Yang Chi but it sure sounds like the Zhong Mai might be the sushumna.

Master Nan Huai-Chin says Awakened Chi is Awakened Kundalini. Prior to that all people are really doing is playing around with and cultivating their 5 elemental "winds" as Buddhism calls them. It is not true Chi yet as overall Taoist Internal Alchemy hierarchy classifies things (Jing/Chi/Shen/Void). Many Chinese call these prior kinds of chi 'fan-chi' to differentiate. And compared to true Chi all these various kinds of chi are 'Yin' in nature. None of these assorted "chi's" have made the leap from Jing to Chi yet. From thence Yang Chi goes through all kinds of stages mentioned in the article you linked to to finally transmute to Shen and thence Shen does the same to finally transmute to the Void.

Fullblown Kundalini is VERY YANG compared to *everything* that one experienced and cultivated prior to it's activation.

Anyway, since Master Nan's been validated as fully Enlightened by 4 different traditions (including Esoteric Buddhism - aka Vajrayana) and experienced every transmutation stage I figure he would know.

I'm sure Yang Chi means different things to different people as it did in that article you linked to (although even that article you linked to used the Jing/Chi/Shen/Void hierarchy of Taoist Internal Alchemy) but whenever I mention it I mean precisely and exactly what Master Nan Huai-Chin himself means which is the same as all the assorted Indian Religion's "Kundalini Shakti".

The Chinese call Sushumna, Zhong Mai.

I simply prefer to use the overall Chinese way of describing the whole spiritual evolutionary process instead of Indian religious ones. But they're all ultimately just various culture's fingers pointing to the same moon.

• Like 1

Lots of speculation? One does not speculate when wiring their house and some of this stuff can be more hairy than 220VAC! Oh heck lets use some 14 guage wire instead of 12, 14 is bigger. (but don't try that at home :o I'm a qualified wire'er! )

If you want to raise oodles and oodles of Jing very quickly there is no faster way than to follow Taobum's very own Witch's (Marena Lindberg) diet and exercise program which is specifically designed to do exactly that. I can personally vouch that she's absolutely right. Witch managed to open her 3rd eye via this program. That is - she independently re-invented some ancient Taoist and Yogic techniques that raise a huge amount of Jing very quickly but teaches it in modern, easy to understand terms of exercise and certain ratios of certain dietary supplements.

i'm glad that witch's book is effective, but i don't really want to build oodles and oodles of jing. :) not really fast anyway. My lady love and i have a nice balance now, and with her taking shatavari (hundred husbands herb) and me taking epimedium (horny goat weed) and ginseng, i don't really feel a need to go above and beyond the reasonably robust and seemingly very healthy level i am at right now. Thank you for the advice tho, it is always appreciated. :)

Master Nan Huai-Chin says Awakened Chi is Awakened Kundalini. Prior to that all people are really doing is playing around with and cultivating their 5 elemental "winds" as Buddhism calls them. It is not true Chi yet as overall Taoist Internal Alchemy hierarchy classifies things (Jing/Chi/Shen/Void). Many Chinese call these prior kinds of chi 'fan-chi' to differentiate. And compared to true Chi all these various kinds of chi are 'Yin' in nature. None of these assorted "chi's" have made the leap from Jing to Chi yet. From thence Yang Chi goes through all kinds of stages mentioned in the article you linked to to finally transmute to Shen and thence Shen does the same to finally transmute to the Void.

Fullblown Kundalini is VERY YANG compared to *everything* that one experienced and cultivated prior to it's activation.

Anyway, since Master Nan's been validated as fully Enlightened by 4 different traditions (including Esoteric Buddhism - aka Vajrayana) and experienced every transmutation stage I figure he would know.

I'm sure Yang Chi means different things to different people as it did in that article you linked to (although even that article you linked to used the Jing/Chi/Shen/Void hierarchy of Taoist Internal Alchemy) but whenever I mention it I mean precisely and exactly what Master Nan Huai-Chin himself means which is the same as all the assorted Indian Religion's "Kundalini Shakti".

The Chinese call Sushumna, Zhong Mai.

I simply prefer to use the overall Chinese way of describing the whole spiritual evolutionary process instead of Indian religious ones. But they're all ultimately just various culture's fingers pointing to the same moon.

Kundalini is simply the phenomenon of activated chakra system, where the prana can rise up the sushumna. It feels different from other pranic flows because it drives from a fully operational system...each chakra being of opposing polarity and activated, drives energy more efficiently.

My apologies. I bow to everyone else's wisdom in this thread.

I'll go scrub my mind now. It needs a good scrubbing anyway as it's been filled with all kinds of spiritual edumacation. Twinner especially would approve of the scrubbing. :)

p.s. To Future Taobums readers who find this thread via the Search function...please do your own research. Less error that way. :)

Also apologies to Anamatva. The "oodles of Jing" post was meant solely for future Taobums who find this thread via the Search function. I forgot to clarify it as such.

Edited by SereneBlue

There is some merit to what SereneBlue was saying about kundalini and yang chi. Though mind scrubbing is always good.

Some schools of yoga and tantra do not speak of a kundalini energy per say, only the process of awakening, but other schools do speak of such an energy.

In our Trika Shaivism, kundalini, which is that internal serpent power existing in the shape of a coil, is divided in three ways. The supreme kundalini is called para kundalini.

It is the heart of Shiva. This whole universe is created by para kundalini, exists in para kundalini, gets its life from para kundalini, and is consumed in para kundalini.

-Swami Lakshmanjoo

Compare to what a Taoist master says:

There is also what is called in Chinese the yuan chi, the universal energy that creates and moves the giant structures of the universe - galaxies, stars, planets, etc. In the third revolution of the nei gung circle your task will be to become aware of and work with this universal consciousness.

-B. K. Frantzis

Whether you call it yang chi, yuan chi, or real chi, the point it is somehow a universal creative energy that is more subtle and much more powerful than ordinary chi.

Edited by Creation

anamatva,

If you would be interested in a teacher who knows the territory from initial kundalini awakening all the way to enlightenment very very well, and teaches mainly by direct transmission, check out Mark Griffin. He was a student of Muktananda, as well as Trungpa Rinpoche and Kalu Rinpoche

His students arrange to stream his programs (weekly evening programs and monthly intensives) over the internet, which is very convenient for those who can't make it to LA.

Wishing you good fortune in your sadhana!

Edited by Creation

anamatva,

If you would be interested in a teacher who knows the territory from initial kundalini awakening all the way to enlightenment very very well, and teaches mainly by direct transmission, check out Mark Griffin. He was a student of Muktananda, as well as Trungpa Rinpoche and Kalu Rinpoche

His students arrange to stream his programs (weekly evening programs and monthly intensives) over the internet, which is very convenient for those who can't make it to LA.

Don't know anything about Mr. Griffin, (except for watching one or two videos) but one could also check out,

http://www.leavingsiddhayoga.net/secret.htm

which is about the good gone bad or Muktananda

Don't know anything about Mr. Griffin, (except for watching one or two videos) but one could also check out,

http://www.leavingsiddhayoga.net/secret.htm

which is about the good gone bad or Muktananda

The person anamatva got Shaktipat from was also a student of Muktananda. My point was "same lineage".

At any rate, I have seen that site, and continue to study with Mark.

Edited by Creation

The person anamatva got Shaktipat from was also a student of Muktananda. My point was "same lineage".

At any rate, I have seen that site, and continue to study with Mark.

Hmm, "...At any rate, I have seen that site..." does that also mean or include, "user beware" of same lineages since fruit does not fall far from its tree?

When or if we fall it is then false to retain spirtual titles or authority such as the word "Swami" and everything that is related to it means. Such can happen to anyone who attains a "do as I say not as I do" form of enlightenment...

anamatva,

i love mark griffin's vids and talks. Something about his way is really soothing to me. I thank you for your advice, i will look into mark and hardlight a little more. Didn't know he was a student of chogyam trungpa or kalu, thats wonderful! I've been sitting and taking classes for a while now at the local shambhala sangha, and reading trungpa's commentary on the lojong slogans every day. I really appreciate him. Thanks for being aware of the lineage, it occured to me that that matters, and i'm glad to hear it echoed in your advice. Thanks and blessings

Just wanted to say that i have had a very easy time of it and that the last week has been full of completely amazing experiences, insights, bliss, and breaking through my blockages once and for all.. amazing.

And i continue to learn things that reassure me that it is actually kundalini, cause i only half believed it at first. Like i wondered why it only made a tiny little line of light between each chakra, why my whole spinal column didn't light up, and i thought i was doing something wrong until mark griffin said that the sushumna is only a thousandth of a hair thin. I was listening to his podcasts, and making more sense of things.

I had one headache from getting up too early from sitting, without letting the light go back to sleep. And once, with my eyes closed, i experienced 100% of myself as completely brilliant white light, like a person made out of light.. i even had glowing robes like astral robes or something. I started to see a flower that i was sitting in, a huge lotus... and then the darkness started to creep from my head and heart outwards and the visualization was slowly lost. I think i maintained it for what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds.. it wasn't even 76000 nadis (or if it was it was all of them at once), it was my entire body, or energy body, or something.

Today i had my first meditation that didN'T involve kundalini in a week. I actually felt wonderful about that, and it assures me that it won't go away. That stuff talks to me, like it answers some of my questions, and it tells me things.. completely amazing. It won't tell me what it is tho... i'm like "are you qi or shen or anything i know" and it says "something else". It just laughs when i ask what... i think it wants me to keep studying and learning about it.

I have never been into bliss before now, but this bliss helps me out a lot. Maybe i have never experienced the real bliss before, just had little rushes from sensory deprivation and stillness.. who can say.

Well just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who helped me, and let you know that my blockages are being dissolved every time i sit, mostly gently, sometimes forcefully, but always lovingly. And i am assured that i have nothing to fear, that its the expression of cosmic love and grace.

I feel very blessed, to have such an awakening, and to have friends like you guys and girls who can help with advice.. it means a lot :wub:

Today i had my first meditation that didN'T involve kundalini in a week. I actually felt wonderful about that, and it assures me that it won't go away. That stuff talks to me, like it answers some of my questions, and it tells me things.. completely amazing. It won't tell me what it is tho... i'm like "are you qi or shen or anything i know" and it says "something else". It just laughs when i ask what... i think it wants me to keep studying and learning about it.

Hey, just felt to comment on something that caught my attention.

'that stuff'you mention is only our fuller potential and a wider being that we may have been unaware of previously. I am sure some may disagree here.

Otherise enjoying to read the updates.

Just wanted to say that i have had a very easy time of it and that the last week has been full of completely amazing experiences, insights, bliss, and breaking through my blockages once and for all.. amazing.

And i continue to learn things that reassure me that it is actually kundalini, cause i only half believed it at first. Like i wondered why it only made a tiny little line of light between each chakra, why my whole spinal column didn't light up, and i thought i was doing something wrong until mark griffin said that the sushumna is only a thousandth of a hair thin. I was listening to his podcasts, and making more sense of things.

I had one headache from getting up too early from sitting, without letting the light go back to sleep. And once, with my eyes closed, i experienced 100% of myself as completely brilliant white light, like a person made out of light.. i even had glowing robes like astral robes or something. I started to see a flower that i was sitting in, a huge lotus... and then the darkness started to creep from my head and heart outwards and the visualization was slowly lost. I think i maintained it for what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds.. it wasn't even 76000 nadis (or if it was it was all of them at once), it was my entire body, or energy body, or something.

I have never been into bliss before now, but this bliss helps me out a lot. Maybe i have never experienced the real bliss before, just had little rushes from sensory deprivation and stillness.. who can say.

Well just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who helped me, and let you know that my blockages are being dissolved every time i sit, mostly gently, sometimes forcefully, but always lovingly. And i am assured that i have nothing to fear, that its the expression of cosmic love and grace.

I feel very blessed, to have such an awakening, and to have friends like you guys and girls who can help with advice.. it means a lot :wub:

Yes, there is a Joy that sorrow can not reach as its opposite!

I too am enjoying your posts. Thank you for posting about your experiences.

Like i wondered why it only made a tiny little line of light between each chakra, why my whole spinal column didn't light up, and i thought i was doing something wrong until mark griffin said that the sushumna is only a thousandth of a hair thin. I was listening to his podcasts, and making more sense of things.

You will find that as you spend more time focusing on the sushumna, it gets bigger. It expands outwards. And, at each end, there is this huge void, which is very dark, except for the very faint twinkling of almost imperceptible stars in the distance. These stars are actually other people, or lives.

I started to see a flower that i was sitting in, a huge lotus... and then the darkness started to creep from my head and heart outwards and the visualization was slowly lost. I think i maintained it for what seemed like 5 or 10 seconds.. it wasn't even 76000 nadis (or if it was it was all of them at once), it was my entire body, or energy body, or something.

That reminded me of something that was written in the "Merging With Siva" book I quoted before..

link: http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resources/books/mws/mws_ch-09.html

It says:

Visualize within yourself a lotus. Have you ever seen a lotus flower? I am sure you have. Now visualize this lotus flower centered right within the center of your chest, right within your heart. You have read in the Hindu scriptures that the Self God dwells in the lotus within the heart. Let's think about that. We all know what the heart is, and we know what happens when the heart stops. Try to mentally feel and see the heart as a lotus flower right within you. Within the center of the lotus, try to see a small light. Doubtless you have read in the Hindu scriptures that the Self God within the heart looks like a brilliant light about the size of your thumb -- just a small light. This light we shall call an emanation of your effulgent being. We could also call it your atomic power, the power that motivates, permeates, makes the mind self-luminous. It is dwelling right within. The Self God is deeper than that. The lotus is within the heart, and the Self God dwells deep within that lotus of light.

The Self God is within you. The light emanating from your effulgent being is within you, too, within the lotus of your heart. The Self God is. It simply is. We do not have to awaken the light within the lotus of the heart, because it is always there, always has been, and always will be. We just have to become aware of it. Then go in and in and in to it until awareness aware only of itself dissolves, and be the Self. Be That.

It is very interesting that you've described a lotus of light, which is exactly how the vedanta tradition refers to the lotus in the heart.

Also, I do have one question. When you say "i experienced 100% of myself as completely brilliant white light, like a person made out of light", was there a separate "I" witnessing the body of light or did you become the light (so that you could no longer see the light)? The distinction here is that if you were separate, then you might have been viewing your astral body, or, possibly a reflection of the purusha/atman/soul from the mirror like surface of the stilled mind?

TI

Beautiful. :wub: Sounds like you were ready for these experiences. :D

Would you be interested in speaking about the "breaking through blockages once and for all?"

well a lot of the intensity of the energy as it moves in and through my chakras causes a feeling of fullness, so that the slightest movement cracks a vertebrae. Like if i was trying to do a shaking exercise and target a blockage or pain, i might shake and shake and shake and still have that sore dull nasty pain in my heart center, but as it floods with the brilliant kundalini, it takes one deep breath or a slight change of posture and POP right where i needed to release! At other times it causes me to spontaneously shake or jolt or shudder as it clears the way.. and sometimes the blockages just melt without so much as a goodbye :) just gone.

So i feel like a lot of the pain in my heart that i have tried unsuccessfully before now to remove has been lifted and shaken away. Its also brought about an intensity in my head, an awareness of blockages.. some stuff in there that i didn't really know i even had to deal with before this. I feel like my energetic intensity has increased and whether i shake the blockages off, or sit still, and use subtle technique to release the psychic and energetic tensions, i have more energy to do it with, or that the energy i had before is somehow more intensified; qualitatively different if not quantitatively so. For those reasons i am able to zero in on some habitual tensions and old wounds that i have never properly been able to heal :)

• Like 1