Sahaj Nath

Mark Griffin and Hard Light Center of Awakening

What's with India anyway? I don't mean that to sound rude, but can't you get (or give) Darshan in Detroit and Shaktipat in the Sunshine State? Or is "going to India" the only way some folks will ever get into it? Leave-home huh?

Co$metic and Image Packaging.

Example:

Two exact items- but, one costs more than the other, in a fancy store- many people will prefer the more expensive, thinking if it costs more- it must be better...

India has the 'stigma'- yogis and all- must work better @ spirit if it is made in India

Nag Champa :)

is that nityananda gurumayi's brother?

yes, that's him. he's a beautiful man. the vast majority of his teaching and sadhana is bhakti singing & chanting. he's very unassuming. surprisingly so. the way a friend put it, "he walks the earth like a lamb who doesn't realize he's a lion." a fierce soul, but an incredibly gentle ego.

i have been loving the new vids, thank for updating the hardlight channel

i did my first streaming intensive last saturday, it was electric

hey, i did it for you! :)

seriously, though. as a student who lives over 300 miles from LA, i really wanted to do this service for those of us who can't sit with him every week.

there's also a new yahoo group for Hard Light. i haven't check it out yet, but it was created for those who want to connect other people in the sangha.

and it continues to amaze me how intense the transmission can be over livestream, not to mention the videos i've been editing!

there was one video that that was so intense it felt like i was on drugs. seriously. there was nothing vague or subtle about it.

because of the editing project, i've been getting deeper and deeper into his teachings. i study hours of footage to find the clips that i've been putting on youtube. the man is so incredibly brilliant. in the beginning i thought his lectures where unnecessarily technical and i would just zone out and bathe in the direct transmission. but i've learned SO MUCH just over the past few months. the man is a spiritual treasure!

i feel so fortunate and blessed to have him in my life.

my deepest gratitude to Trunk, and to Sean for giving us The Tao Bums.

:wub:

Co$metic and Image Packaging.

Example:

Two exact items- but, one costs more than the other, in a fancy store- many people will prefer the more expensive, thinking if it costs more- it must be better...

India has the 'stigma'- yogis and all- must work better @ spirit if it is made in India

Nag Champa :)

Mark's all about doing your work right here. he didn't accomplish his sadhana in Varanasi or Geneshpuri; he did it in Oakland! :) but he's committed to serving the people of Nimboli as a tribute to Bagawan Nityananda, and the holy places ARE very powerful, so there's nothing wrong with a pilgrimage. his Fire Mountain Retreat Center in Nimboli is very, very beautiful, and 100% of the money from the center goes to maintaining the retreat and for charitable works in the area, like the clean water project and education.

check it out! :)

http://www.hardlight...untain_TMA.html

http://www.tmaseva.org/

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 1

hundun,

yes those transmission are nutty. Sometimes i will be driving and he'll be on and i won't be paying attention and all of a sudden my energy starts moving and i realize that he is talking about the exact movement that i am feeling, and that its happening just b listening to an mp3. wtf? yes electric is a mild understatement the intensive was, well um, intense. I was breaking through stuff that had hampered me for a lifetime like it was just made of paper. Kriya city, but i expected that. I personally encourage everyone to explore the hard light teachings, meetings, and intensives, vids, mp3s, whatever. I live three Thousand miles from Mark so i am very grateful for his web presence and the energy which comes through his audio and video teachings.

I especially love how he will say "and now we're going to sit for two hours" in his recordings, and then the music will play for 10 seconds or so, and he comes back after having sat for 2 hours, and his voice is no different in range, pitch, tone, meter, nothing, like he's just always in that state anyway and sitting for 2 hours is just something one does if one is so inclined ho hum. that is wonderful. when i sit for a while my voice changes. it gets mellower and quieter, deeper and calmer. his voice is exactly the same. :wub:

and i joined that yahoogroup last month, some good stuff, but it needs more people. thanks for the alert!

• Like 1

nityananda and gurumayi are like night and day

wow

i've never seen him speak, yeah he is really understated.

I have never been able to stay in gurumayi's gravity... i always spin out quickly. Don't really like her to be honest. But thats just opinion... two pennies i shouldn't have shared in the first place

this clip was from his series on cognition. i would tell people often that deep spiritual practice serves as a non-violent revolution of consciousness. this was the first time i ever heard it confirmed or supported in any way.

LOVE THIS! :)

• Like 1

Greetings. I discovered Mark about two weeks ago via TaoBums from a passing reference in another thread about qigong.

Foremost, I am deeply grateful for discovering him. Thank you bums.

I didn't know I would ever be able to fully surrender to a teacher as a disciple and I knew Mark was my guru immediately upon viewing his videos. I would go one step further and say I did not truly understand the nature of guru until I saw Mark.

I have been blessed by numerous powerful beings, had my kundalini awakened, yet I have struggled with the poisons of ego and the walls of separation it creates. I prayed for the ability to forgive those whom I still felt wounded by for intrinsically I knew until I could truly forgive I would not be able to open and make the truest plunge into the path of awakening. My prayers were answered and the hate I did not wish to feel left me and where the knots of delusion had been grace fill me. A week later I found Mark Griffin online.

True Guru Shakti will transform you eventually, but the raw power of kundalini alone is not so special. If it were, then 10,000 egomaniacs juiced up with Chi would have transformed human society last week. It is the ability to love those beings who grace you with the shakti that is transforming really. It is the ability to know without doubt who your guru is that opens the door to the real immensity of existence.

I was resistant until I wasn't because I was at least sensitive enough to recognize Mark when I saw him. A couple of decades of struggle preceded that, but during that time I was being worked on and being prepared for the next step so all it is as it should be. But the difference is I can really work now beyond method even as methods become revealed by true vision.

This man transmits directly. I have yet to meet him in person, yet he is relating to me as I have made the leap upon recognition of him. I am an anonymous person on the internet, but I am merely wishing to say that while I profess my love of this man and his clear and beautiful intent and crystalline teachings I also wish to say he speaks from the most authentic place possible.

I have met siddhas, gone to meet powerful men in their lairs and in the end everybody has to choose who and what works for them. May some of you have the good fortune of KNOWING when this occurs.

Peace

• Like 4

I continue to find, after I-don't-know-how-many years, that Mark Griffin's explanation of the "so ham" mantra (available in various talks from his site)... anyway, the "so ham" mantra continues to be super simple, consistently effective and progressively deepening. :D It is the mantra I associate with the breath. Useful in any practice where the breath is included. ;) lol

• Like 4