Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Pulsating between shoulder Blades

Was meditating and everyonce and awhile my pulse will become strong, when it does, it's sometimes worst at my throat. Thyroid I guess.

The same night was the only night I never really pushed through the sensation, because it got to strong and I didn't want to pop a vessel or something

Anyway when I did back off, I felt the pulsing then begin between my shoulder blades at my back, between heart level.

First time I ever felt that..Right after that the bottom of my left ear felt like it "cleared up", felt similar to water becoming unclogged from your ear, just in my earlobe?

those two were the first to happen.

Any similar experiences? perhaps ideas of what this is?

Well i'm not sure about theory, however i do have what I would call a similar experience...maybe. Idk about the throat or anything but I have a very strong "sumthing" (pulsation is actually a pretty good word to describe it) between my shoulder blades at heart level that started happening after I started kunlun. When I let it do it's thing (spontaneous practice) my arms move in the similar fasion of "The Bird" in 5 animal frolic and I tend to arch my back in pinch my shoulder blades. Insane laughter is usually followed, sumtimes with a feeling of extreme emotional insecurity. This is all me personally. I actually feel it pulsating right now, I was about to lay down and let it "run it's course". I'm assuming it's a heart opening or sumthing similar. On rare occasions I've felt this energy, in small trickles, reach the base of my skull but it's never fully cleared my heart area...prolly cause I don't practice regularly and repress alot of emotion. Another thing I notice is that I feel more "alive", "aware" and "present" when i let the energy thrash around. Also it's more powerful when i'm fasting...WAY more powerful, lol.

-Astral

Sounds to me you are running energy through the MCO. If you can force the enrgy even furthur up into the skull you can get the third eye to work temporarily, you will enjoy this! You can open up the MCO pretty quickly, even in 1 retreat. To open the third eye permaently would require heaps of work. Some day I will work on opening all of this completely and permanently but now im busy with the dantien.

TF

Sounds to me you are running energy through the MCO. If you can force the enrgy even furthur up into the skull you can get the third eye to work temporarily, you will enjoy this! You can open up the MCO pretty quickly, even in 1 retreat. To open the third eye permaently would require heaps of work. Some day I will work on opening all of this completely and permanently but now im busy with the dantien.

TF

Hm sounds pretty interesting. I may try it. Thanks TF

Hi Trash Filter. :) If I may offer some advice. Recently I have begun to get clear qi flow through the neck into the head. The intensity of the qi flow is quite apparent, as it makes its way past the blockage that I am working through. I did not force anything. And I do not recommend forcing qi. If you force the energy into the head, there could be qi stagnation in the head. This is no fun. I doubt anyone would "enjoy this."

Nei Chuan, it sounds like you are not experiencing anything negative from the pulsing? I don't feel qualified to advise you at this time. Best to you and hope all goes well. :)

Nope nothing negative really. I Feel great right after it happens. I've also heard stories of people bringing more energy in their head then they can handle.

Don't worry im cautious

Thanks RainbowVein ^_^

Edited by NeiChuan

Good to hear. I hope to derail 'My Head Is About To Explode' TTB posting... ;)

Practice safely. _/\_

Haha yeah im not too worried about it.

Thanks ^_^

Hi Trash Filter. :) If I may offer some advice. Recently I have begun to get clear qi flow through the neck into the head. The intensity of the qi flow is quite apparent, as it makes its way past the blockage that I am working through. I did not force anything. And I do not recommend forcing qi. If you force the energy into the head, there could be qi stagnation in the head. This is no fun. I doubt anyone would "enjoy this."

Nei Chuan, it sounds like you are not experiencing anything negative from the pulsing? I don't feel qualified to advise you at this time. Best to you and hope all goes well. :)

Nice advice.

NEVER FORCE chi.

Energy does not flow through tension. There is a reason energy flow does not happen in that kind of spot. Is there bone pinching, muscular cramping, muscle memory of trauma, energy block? Take care of that first. Chi flow stoppage is a message to slow down.

The results of forcing chi thru the head, those that I know of personally or relayed to me by those who are knowledgeable are headache or chi head, chi derangement, hair loss (BALDNESS!), vertigo, burns, mental instability which can be as extreme as psychosis.

play safely,

s

Nice advice.

NEVER FORCE chi.

Energy does not flow through tension. There is a reason energy flow does not happen in that kind of spot. Is there bone pinching, muscular cramping, muscle memory of trauma, energy block? Take care of that first. Chi flow stoppage is a message to slow down.

The results of forcing chi thru the head, those that I know of personally or relayed to me by those who are knowledgeable are headache or chi head, chi derangement, hair loss (BALDNESS!), vertigo, burns, mental instability which can be as extreme as psychosis.

play safely,

s

I've had vertigo, don't think this was the reason.

Although another time doing the MCO up the chong mai I did have vertigo.. So your statement holds truth.

Baldness no no problems here.

I guess I've had some cramping on the right side of my back at the same height. It's pretty much gone though.

I think it could possibly be a block, I've thought for a bit right above my 3rd chakra there's a block.

But I dont know. Im starting to think during meditation the energy has just been going to these spots to work on them.

Thanks Shaktimama

On the spine between the shoulder blades is the back of the heart chakra, perhaps you are clearing out blocakges there.

On the spine between the shoulder blades is the back of the heart chakra, perhaps you are clearing out blocakges there.

Same with the throat chakra.

I was a real quiet kid, if not still.

Always waited to be talked to ya know?

After all this it would explain why I feel so great whenever im done.

When I first started doing the MCO the back of my neck would really buzz, felt a strong electric tingle there. As a kid I had a mild stuttering problem and was very quiet. Still not super out going but don't mind conversation as much as I used to.

Pulsing is not necessarily a bad thing. In the first ten years or so in my practice there was a lot of pulsing while my body harmonized and healed itself. It never hurt although it could be quite forceful, like intense pounding. When the dysfunctional comes in harmony with the healthy parts the pulsing diminished and disappears into constant flow like when the rapids have become the flowing river.

And yes, I always felt better afterwards even blissed out. :)

So I use energy in a non-directed way for healing versus the directed way from years ago.

This means I let my hands be drawn to the area that needs harmonizing and my hands will begin to pulse with chi flow. First, usually rapid and intense, then as time goes it softens and stops. That's when I know I can pull my hands away.

Speaking from my own experiences,

s

When I first started doing the MCO the back of my neck would really buzz, felt a strong electric tingle there. As a kid I had a mild stuttering problem and was very quiet. Still not super out going but don't mind conversation as much as I used to.

Hm same here. I didn't stutter as a kid though. Really often I'd have times where I was so nervous I could'nt speak, like reading in front of class lol, even in later grades.

I'd feel good after MCO. One perk was I only needed 1 to 6 hours of sleep.

6 hours I'd be completely rested. 1 Hour I'd be rested but at about 6 pm I'd start to get tired.

lol the hounds...Squeezing every muscle every bone to push it up.

Yea, i didn't mean force obviously. "Lead it up" sorry about my english skills.

When you think about it whether you lead it up gently or not, you still are forcing energy through because the paths start off narrow and eventually become wider with the force of flow with practice...

TF

Pulsing is not necessarily a bad thing. In the first ten years or so in my practice there was a lot of pulsing while my body harmonized and healed itself. It never hurt although it could be quite forceful, like intense pounding. When the dysfunctional comes in harmony with the healthy parts the pulsing diminished and disappears into constant flow like when the rapids have become the flowing river.

And yes, I always felt better afterwards even blissed out. :)

So I use energy in a non-directed way for healing versus the directed way from years ago.

This means I let my hands be drawn to the area that needs harmonizing and my hands will begin to pulse with chi flow. First, usually rapid and intense, then as time goes it softens and stops. That's when I know I can pull my hands away.

Speaking from my own experiences,

s

Hey sorry Shaktimama I didn't see the reply.

I can totally relate to the "blissed out"/Euphoric feeling. What you're describing about the pulsing sounds pretty much spot on, and yea im pretty sure it was just clearing blockages or fixing whatever problems are in the areas.

Pretty cool, thanks Shaktimama

"When you think about it whether you lead it up gently or not, you still are forcing energy through because the paths start off narrow and eventually become wider with the force of flow with practice...

TF "

Im pretty sure this is partly do to sensations. being it's reverse breathing.

I could be wrong.

Edited by NeiChuan

Was meditating and everyonce and awhile my pulse will become strong, when it does, it's sometimes worst at my throat. Thyroid I guess.

The same night was the only night I never really pushed through the sensation, because it got to strong and I didn't want to pop a vessel or something

Anyway when I did back off, I felt the pulsing then begin between my shoulder blades at my back, between heart level.

First time I ever felt that..Right after that the bottom of my left ear felt like it "cleared up", felt similar to water becoming unclogged from your ear, just in my earlobe?

those two were the first to happen.

Any similar experiences? perhaps ideas of what this is?

Sounds like you were unblocking. In order to adjust ones frequency one needs to remove any thing blocking that flow. The bigger the blockage the more intense it might feel.

I felt the pulsing then begin between my shoulder blades at my back, between heart level.

The area between my shoulder blades is one that I spend a lot of time working on. Mainly, this is because of my former unfortunate habit of sucking in my gut and sticking out my chest. As result, there is a LOT of tension there, and reduced mobility of my shoulder blades and spine.

Don't know anything about your cause, NeiChuan, but it might be worthwhile checking to see if you have any of those same habits. They quickly become unconscious, but they are very detrimental to Qi flow.

The area between my shoulder blades is one that I spend a lot of time working on. Mainly, this is because of my former unfortunate habit of sucking in my gut and sticking out my chest. As result, there is a LOT of tension there, and reduced mobility of my shoulder blades and spine.

Don't know anything about your cause, NeiChuan, but it might be worthwhile checking to see if you have any of those same habits. They quickly become unconscious, but they are very detrimental to Qi flow.

mainly slouching throughout the day. If im sitting on the computer ect I notice myself fall into a comfortable slouch lol. Plus im a bit higher then the computer so to focus more I like to get down to it's level I guess.

I do that to people I talk to too sometimes.. I don't get down to face level haha but I do slouch a bit.

I've been fixing it alot more. Other then that im sure there are other habits but I can't recall right now.

Practice aPProPriate Posture :)

work_station_sitting.jpg

Haha I have been :D

In my image there'd be a foot on the wall behind the computer, and a foot on the tower too.

For the most part, alooot better then it use to be lol. I'll look at the diagram whenever I think my postures off ;)

Sign in to follow this