Sign in to follow this  
dragonfire

3g Networks Safe?

Does anybody know whether these are safe? I just bought a kindle to read my e-books and

was not sure if the 3g network is safe? There was a dutch study that showed people

experienced headaches and nausea, tingling. Myself, felt tingling and weird sensations

in my body. Anybody else out there with an amazon kindle?

I think I may be returning my kindle... :(

There is another video out there showing high radiation from underneath

your laptops.

Oh that's a cheap shot.

This is how it is for me, personnally:

The energy for 3G appears to feel greater than GSM.

Both GSM & 3G feel stronger than WiFi even when WiFi is right next to the base station, so it seems proximity doesn't make much difference, but WiFi feels pretty strong if I got a laptop on my lap or a phone next to my head.

Proximity does make a little difference to a phone signal though.

Personnally what I say to myself is, don't hold it right next to the body. The effects wear off quickly after just a 2cm gap. Still, if you're serious about diet and so forth it's preferrable to go tethered.

I'd say turn it off when not using it and only turn it on when you want to use it.

And of course, worrying about it could be more of a problem than the thing itself.

I am returning my kindle and bought a EMF meter!

You are enveloped in these waves daily if you are living modern life in the city so tough to get away from this stuff in any meaningful way.

Amazon does offer a non-3G version. That's what I purchased. Mine just has WiFi capabilities, I just turn it off when I am not downloading anything. Saves the battery anyway. I would be surprised if you couldn't just turn the 3G off when you are reading.

I cannot speak highly enough of the Kindle. If someone loves to read, they should have one.

I had problems with electomagnetic radiation from electronics and this company really helped me My link

I would recommend everything except the personal pendants, in general I don't like how any personal pendants react with my own energy. However the wifi laptop device and cell phone device, although on the expensive side were worth it for me because they drastically decreased my EMR problems.

If you want to read up on this stuff the best book I ever read was The Body Electric by Robert O. Becker. Fascinating read.

EM-blocking wall paint is something I heard about to protect yourself at home. as for devices, they should have an offline mode, and otherwise don't put them directly on your body which should weaken the signal strength.

if anyone has more info please do share it.

Light use of 3g networks probably doesn't harm you all that much. However I do notice that with prolonged use and exposure, I do get more frequent headaches and other odd things which happen health wise. So as long as you're not a heavy user of 3g networks, I don't think it should be much of a problem.

When I was younger (in high school) I remember when old CDMA phones would give me odd headaches because I was not accustomed to the cellular radio signals.

Does anybody know whether these are safe? I just bought a kindle to read my e-books and

was not sure if the 3g network is safe? There was a dutch study that showed people

experienced headaches and nausea, tingling. Myself, felt tingling and weird sensations

in my body. Anybody else out there with an amazon kindle?

I think I may be returning my kindle... :(

And just when I am about to release A Light Warrior's Guide for the kindle. Dang. :lol:

If you can return and swap for the wifi version that is what I would suggest.

You can download books and transfer via usb cable - I haven't done this for kindle format books, so it may or may not work for that, in which case I would do as the other post suggests, just download via wifi and turn then turn wifi off.

You can get calibre software and use it to convert epub format books, of which there are thousands of free ones. Works really well.

I think the kindle has revolutionized ebooks and that it is an amazing device. Kinda pissy that they will not support epub but really not a problem with the calibre software which is very easy to use.

in my experience close proximity to wifi and microwave ovens are the most irritating - 3G comes next on the scale and finally GSM at lower frequencies. The irritation becomes worse when I do a lot of energy works (i.e. IMA and qigong) and fade when I do less - not immediately, but over a period of several days after scaling up or down.

As for my smartphone I try to keep it a bit away from my body and turn off the wifi when I don't require it - during periods where I train a lot I'll usually switch off wifi from my laptop when having do a lot of work while having the laptop on my lap - if not, my kwa under the wireless transmitter starts vibrating and irritating the meridians of the respective leg.

Is it dangerous? I really don't couldn't say, but it can certainly be annoying if you have the kind of sensitivity to energy I am experiencing in daily life :lol:

Sign in to follow this