Sloppy Zhang

Taoist magic

1) If we say don't take magic stories ltierally, are we "being real" or having sour grapes? Are we maybe just limiting ourselves. Before, when I was atheist and didn't beleive in all this Qi BS, I KNEW it was BS. Now I knwo a lot more. That makes me think teh cup gets as large as you can handle/need it to. I have more personal experiences/eye openers, but I'll leave it at that. And yeah, I have accidentally done telekenesis, never floated before or made lightning, but have used telepathy, made use of psychics, and also I have cloud-bursted. Who am I to judge these stories? Just have to try myself.
2) Yes yes, obviously we should all remember the higher paths, and highest paths, and One Vehicle, Great Vehicle, etc... But that doesn't mean we aren't supposed to gain samadhis and dharanis and paramitas and powers. After all, doesn't a new power give one inspiration to try harder and learn more?
3) I love the post about inner power + intent/focus. That is pretty much it. According to John Chang we just don't generate/sustain enough power. It seems from the Nei Yeh the heart of it lies... int eh heart. IF we can stay in tune with Tao and not be killed by our karma, then we will have enough time to store up Qi in the chest and attain powers. So long as we help people, I don't see the problem.

4) Lastly I want to say that magic seems to be divided into 4 classes:

Lowest - tricks and illusions, including using hypnosis/mentalism to fool the person

Minor - the small bindigns of magic that are in our everyday lives and uses (like electricity). For example, one commonly used black magic is to give someone a "gift" and then ask them for a favor. That is hardly making a person a warlock, but they know the spell of it works. It makes the other person subservient. I think people anywhere seeking magic would do well to first observe the magic they already know and use, and understanding karmic binding.

Middle- powers acquired for the purposes of being a Jedi, for lack of a better term; I would also include manifestation/attraction in here as it is a type of telekenesis, after all.

Highest- shamanic/ritualistic/even professional magics (like law or surgery or acupuncture) which rely on the mystic effects of karma to make unseen changes that mystify the casual observer. It seems that like the illusionist, one needs to know enough of how it works, while the casual observer must remain mystified for the effect to last. But unlike the illusionist, the shaman lets go what they CANNOT know or control to perform what people call "real magic".
Is not chemistry or biology real magic? After all they do not KNOW everything they are doing, just enough, and they can clone things, make new beings, create substances all anew.

Make no mistake, there is more magic being performed now than in any time in history!

Power + intent, that is the key. Also remember that you must use your own golden light and essence to perform any ritual (hence why massage therapists and reiki practitioners wear out so quickly when they work so hard)... so don't go playing around with something dark thinking it won't affect your health: it will!

Middle- powers acquired for the purposes of being a Jedi, for lack of a better term; I would also include manifestation/attraction in here as it is a type of telekenesis, after all.

I never heard a sifu use "jedi"

I dont know about taoist magic, but you can find on internet Initiation into hermetics, a book supposedly writen by Hermes Tristmegistus, the greatest wizard of all times.

Initiation into Hermetics is the title of the English translation of Franz Bardon's first of three volumes concerning self-realization in line with the Hermetic tradition.

He's possibly referring to the rumor (perpetuated by Bardon's secretary and student Otti Votavovi) that Bardon was the reincarnation of Hermes Trismegistus. Which seems unlikely and, more to the point, not very relevant, to me.

What has continued to amaze me is that no one has looked at the facts of various great magicians, and tried honestly to piece together who Franz Bardon was, beyond such insane suggestions as Hermes and Lao Tzu, with who little is held in common. No one seems to have searched out personality or life-work matches amongst the initiates of history, but instead prefer to pick randomly various great names. Amongst such initiates as Francis Bacon and Anton Mesmer, or in older times, Iamblichus and Apollonius, there are certainly similarities. I am not at all suggesting that these are previous incarnations of Franz Bardon, but am simply pointing out that people have not been looking in the right directions for possible incarnations, if such things are even considered important. One interesting connection which I have never seen pointed out is that Franz Bardon signed his letters to advanced students as “The Arion,” which can be freely translated into the name Hil-Arion, or “Great Enchanter.” In the late 1800’s, Blavatsky is told by Koothumi that a master adept named Hilarion had recently attained to supreme achievement, and would “soon be ascending” to join the great master adepts of the white brotherhood. Just a few decades later, a spiritual avesh (Bardon) who signed himself as “The Master Arion” is recorded as having been promoted in the White Brotherhood to the station of the twelve Master Adepts. It is perhaps also of interest that in Blavatsky’s account, Hilarion had just finished his training in Tibet. According to his son Lumir, Bardon often talked about his “recent” training in Tibet, and the chores he would have to do for his masters there. - http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,15084.0.html

Edited by Aeran

So I was browsing through the forum and saw "taoist magic", and thought "wow, exactly my type of thread". I wonder way, I started it tongue.gif

It happened again!

Still interested in magic and powers :D

Unfortunately going to work and paying rent takes up most of the day to day.

Plus going out with friends and ladies.

Practice every day, but probably not enough to get powers, which I'm still after.

• Like 1

Practice every day, but probably not enough to get powers, which I'm still after.

depending on how much of a fearless risk-taker you are, sloppy - it is quite possible... temporarily, at least

janmau sadhi mantra tapah samadhijah siddhayah

"Siddhis are gained through birth, specific herbs, mantras, austerities, and samadhi."

- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 4:1

"There is another question that interests me very much," I said. "There are substances which yogis take to induce certain states. Might these not be, in certain cases, narcotics? I have myself carried out a number of experiments in this direction and everything I have read about magic proves to me quite clearly that all schools at all times and in all countries have made a very wide use of narcotics for the creation of those states which make 'magic' possible."

"Yes," said G. "In many cases these substances are those which you call 'narcotics' But they can be used in entirely different ways. There are schools which make use of narcotics in the right way. People in these schools take them for self-study; in order to take a look ahead, to know their possibilities better, to see beforehand, 'in advance,' what can be attained later on as the result of prolonged work. When a man sees this and is convinced that what he has learned theoretically really exists, he then works consciously, he knows where he is going. Sometimes this is the easiest way of being convinced of the real existence of those possibilities which man often suspects in himself. There is a special chemistry relating to this. There are particular substances for each function. Each function can either be strengthened or weakened, awakened or put to sleep.

"But to do this a great knowledge of the human machine and of this special chemistry is necessary. In all those schools which make use of this method experiments are carried out only when they are really necessary and only under the direction of experienced and competent men who can foresee all results and adopt measures against possible undesirable consequences. The substances used in these schools are not merely 'narcotics' as you call them, although many of them are prepared from such drugs as opium, hashish, and so on. Besides schools in which such experiments are carried out, there are other schools which use these or similar substances, not for experiment or study but to attain definite desired results, if only for a short time. Through a skillful use of such substances a man can be made very clever or very strong, for a certain time. Afterwards, of course, he dies or goes mad, but this is not taken into consideration. Such schools also exist. So you see that we must speak very cautiously about schools. They may do practically the same things but the results will be totally different."

So over the last 4 years, although you haven't obtained the powers you were searching for...have you noticed a change in attitude? Reading over the last 6 pages just now and getting to your most recent comments, there's definitely a change in you. I admired your strong character previously for knowing exactly what you wanted...but also the desperation that was holding you back. Do you feel slightly refocused now? More in a state of acceptance?