DalTheJigsaw123

Easy Ways To Get Rid of Negative Energy and Build Positive Energy

How does one go about healing oneself?

I have a lot of negative thoughts/ideas inside me and I would love to learn how to heal my body/mind.

I want to substitute negative energy/thoughts/ideas with positive.

How can I do it?

A system for a beginner?

I been practicing Standing Meditation, but not sure if I'm doing it correctly, as I get really tired after I finish.

I cannot afford a teacher right now, either.

I need to heal the negative wounds...

Put positive instead of the negative...

I have a lot of negative thoughts/ideas inside me and I would love to learn how to heal my body/mind.

How can I do it?

A system for a beginner?

I been practicing Standing Meditation, but not sure if I'm doing it correctly, as I get really tired after I finish.

When I was dealing with the shift in my mind from negative attitude to positive, my main purpose was to decrease the influence of my ego on my daily thoughts, and try to stick to a more noble motive. Writings on compassion, especially Ultimate Healing: The Power of Compassion - written by Lama Zopa Rinpoche - was extremely helpful. Another thing is that I started to practice tonglen, which is a practice - its purpose is to learn to think of others as more important than yourself.

The main thing is that there are one or two basic roots which are the sources of all negative thoughts (by negative I mean false, misguided, the kind which leads to a bad habit, a bad health, etc.). To recover and get back to full potential, you can't change each and every negative thought one by one. You have to change that one or two root concepts on which all of them rely. When you change that, your whole mind will turn, and you'll start to see different solutions, walk different ways, and think different thoughts. In my case the roots were my egoism, and the fact that I was afraid of failure. My daily practice is simple. I spend half an hour every day sitting and thinking of others as more important than me; trying to realize that they suffer just like me if not more, and trying to develop some compassion towards them. I don't really feel deep compassion - yet, it's still enough to change my attitude. During this practice I take a few minutes to practice tonglen, you can find many details on the Internet about how to do it.

Trying to figure out a way which will lead to perfect health and lets me remain egoistic took too much time for me. I suggest you don't bother yourself with that, there is no such way.

I hope I could help.

Edited by Athanor

When I was dealing with the shift in my mind from negative attitude to positive, my main purpose was to decrease the influence of my ego on my daily thoughts, and try to stick to a more noble motive. Writings on compassion, especially Ultimate Healing: The Power of Compassion - written by Lama Zopa Rinpoche - was extremely helpful. Another thing is that I started to practice tonglen, which is a practice - its purpose is to learn to think of others as more important than yourself.

The main thing is that there are one or two basic roots which are the sources of all negative thoughts (by negative I mean false, misguided, the kind which leads to a bad habit, a bad health, etc.). To recover and get back to full potential, you can't change each and every negative thought one by one. You have to change that one or two root concepts on which all of them rely. When you change that, your whole mind will turn, and you'll start to see different solutions, walk different ways, and think different thoughts. In my case the roots were my egoism, and the fact that I was afraid of failure. My daily practice is simple. I spend half an hour every day sitting and thinking of others as more important than me; trying to realize that they suffer just like me if not more, and trying to develop some compassion towards them. I don't really feel deep compassion - yet, it's still enough to change my attitude. During this practice I take a few minutes to practice tonglen, you can find many details on the Internet about how to do it.

Trying to figure out a way which will lead to perfect health and lets me remain egoistic took too much time for me. I suggest you don't bother yourself with that, there is no such way.

I hope I could help.

That was really helpful.

I think I need to get a few classes in for QiGong and combine that with bodyweight workouts/yoga and regular breathing/emptiness mind meditations.

Any thoughts on this?

SMILE!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Just smiled!

Will try to smile in the mornings before going out.

I also read somewhere about the Internal Smile?

I'm not sure if I'm getting the name correctly.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Just smiled!

Will try to smile in the mornings before going out.

I also read somewhere about the Internal Smile?

I'm not sure if I'm getting the name correctly.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

The Internal Smile is a method developed by Mantak Chia. He's got plenty of books on the healing abilities of the Tao. I also tried that, but I found it too complex (partially because I didn't understand all of it due to language differences and I didn't want to translate the whole book).

In my mind, my concept of healing is effortless, it's not about forcing yourself to do something. You see, forcing and pushing yourself around is something what actually leads to some sort of disturbance, it removes you from balance. You can't get balance back by pushing yourself the other way around, you can get it back by avoiding forcing things. Sometimes the only thing that keeps you away from health is the anxiety about illness. Sometimes you let this anxiety drive you when you try to solve the problem of illnesses and get back your health, but you'll never do it this way.

How can I do it?

A system for a beginner?

Here you go; March 20/21/22 workshop will teach you exactly what you are asking. www.qigongamerica.com

1) Be impeccable with your word, speak with integrity.

Say only what you mean.

Avoid using word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.

Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2) Don't take anything personally.

Nothing others do is because of you.

What others do and say is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.

When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3) Don't make ASSUMPTIONS.

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.

Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstanding, sadness and drama.

With just this one agreement you can completely transform your life.

4) Always do your BEST.

Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.

Under any circumstance simply do your best, and you will avoid self judgment, self abuse and regret.

:excl:

1) Be impeccable with your word, speak with integrity.

Say only what you mean.

Avoid using word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.

Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2) Don't take anything personally.

Nothing others do is because of you.

What others do and say is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.

When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3) Don't make ASSUMPTIONS.

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.

Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstanding, sadness and drama.

With just this one agreement you can completely transform your life.

4) Always do your BEST.

Your best is going to change from moment to moment, it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.

Under any circumstance simply do your best, and you will avoid self judgment, self abuse and regret.

:excl:

Thank you! That was great!

Thanks everyone who also commented.

That was really helpful.

If you just want to change your outlook, then that is a relatively simple matter. Every thought, emotion, etc. creates a neural pathway in the brain. I think of it as a groove. Each time you use it, you wear that groove just a little deeper and it gets a little easier. This is why some people have problems with anger. They've dug those grooves so deep that it's hard NOT to use them. It's almost totally automatic. It's the same for negative people and happy people as well.

This can be turned to your advantage in the same way. If you take little moments throughout the day to think things that make you happy and amplify those good emotions you can dig new grooves and literally rewire your brain for happiness. To increase the effectiveness, try to step back and watch your thoughts. Try to cut out daydreaming of the past or future whenever possible. If you catch yourself being negative, immediately try to redirect your thoughts to something more positive. You will probably notice that many of your negative thoughts are imaginings of the past or future and this realization makes it easier to stop them.

If your digging new happy grooves and actively avoiding old unhappy grooves, the negative grooves will atrophy from lack of use and eventually fade away.

The Secret Smile is an excellent technique for this if you want to do it as a formal sitting practice. If you understand the basic concept as outlined then it's a relatively simple matter of consistent awareness. If you make a constant effort throughout each day, you might be surprised how quickly results come. You know your getting somewhere when people start asking you "why the hell are you so happy all the time?"

hope this helps.

If you just want to change your outlook, then that is a relatively simple matter. Every thought, emotion, etc. creates a neural pathway in the brain. I think of it as a groove. Each time you use it, you wear that groove just a little deeper and it gets a little easier. This is why some people have problems with anger. They've dug those grooves so deep that it's hard NOT to use them. It's almost totally automatic. It's the same for negative people and happy people as well.

This can be turned to your advantage in the same way. If you take little moments throughout the day to think things that make you happy and amplify those good emotions you can dig new grooves and literally rewire your brain for happiness. To increase the effectiveness, try to step back and watch your thoughts. Try to cut out daydreaming of the past or future whenever possible. If you catch yourself being negative, immediately try to redirect your thoughts to something more positive. You will probably notice that many of your negative thoughts are imaginings of the past or future and this realization makes it easier to stop them.

If your digging new happy grooves and actively avoiding old unhappy grooves, the negative grooves will atrophy from lack of use and eventually fade away.

The Secret Smile is an excellent technique for this if you want to do it as a formal sitting practice. If you understand the basic concept as outlined then it's a relatively simple matter of consistent awareness. If you make a constant effort throughout each day, you might be surprised how quickly results come. You know your getting somewhere when people start asking you "why the hell are you so happy all the time?"

hope this helps.

That was one of the most helpful advices I have received.

Thank you!

I'm going to try the Secret Smile.

I will let you know.

Thanks again!