alexandrov

Devil Mudra......

many eastern saints are depicted especially in tantric traditions using this "devil mudra"

it is also appearently used in some western occult traditions

it is also known as the apana mudra or i think "evil dispelling mudra" ( i may be mistaken in regards to this latter phrase)

http://healing.about.com/od/east/ig/Mudra-Gallery/Apana.htm

this link describes how this mudra GROUNDS ENERGY just like markern said in this thread....... http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...13068&st=20

I want to know what you all think in regards to the reason so many in both east in west mystics and others are depicted using this hand sign, its significance and its functions

please do not post links to random conspiracy websites showing bush, obama et al. flashing this sign unless you want to post an explanation behind why you posted the link and how it is related. many religeous fanatic and conspiracy websites talk about this sign but have little evidence to back their claims

thank you

post-1524-1262496822_thumb.jpg

post-1524-1262497595_thumb.jpg

Edited by alexandrov

It didn't start out being known as the devil mudra...in older cultures, among common people it was known to get rid of bad luck or ward off the "evil eye"...which is a positive thing. This link gives some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corna

Specific meanings should kinda be reserved for those practicing in a specific tradition...and there may be slight variations between schools. For instance, in Baolin Wu's teachings (from his book), the index represents your mother and the pinky represents your friendships, among other things. Look at acupuncture meridians ending in the fingers, as well as elemental correspondence from western traditions, if really interested.

More importantly, feel the difference in vibration between each finger, and contemplate on what those specific vibes may represent in the universe. That's closer to the truth than what others will tell you it means.

Apana mudra is with the thumb touching the middle and ring fingers. It's called other names when the fingers are touching differently.

It didn't start out being known as the devil mudra...in older cultures, among common people it was known to get rid of bad luck or ward off the "evil eye"...which is a positive thing. This link gives some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corna

Specific meanings should kinda be reserved for those practicing in a specific tradition...and there may be slight variations between schools. For instance, in Baolin Wu's teachings (from his book), the index represents your mother and the pinky represents your friendships, among other things. Look at acupuncture meridians ending in the fingers, as well as elemental correspondence from western traditions, if really interested.

More importantly, feel the difference in vibration between each finger, and contemplate on what those specific vibes may represent in the universe. That's closer to the truth than what others will tell you it means.

Apana mudra is with the thumb touching the middle and ring fingers. It's called other names when the fingers are touching differently.

thanks for the great info!

yes according to wikipedia it is also known as karana mudra and is used to ward off evil.

Yes you are absolutely correct in saying there are many seemingly similar gestures with the index and pinky finger up that have slight variations such as thumbs below or above the middle 2 finegers etc.

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

As this thread came from the female ejac one and the pic of Obama doing it (not ejaculating.. the sign) I wanted to point out that it also means 'I love you' in American sign..

ss_iloveyousign.jpg

Looking at most reports on the web, it shows people saying it's Masonic etc but not considering that he is just using sign.... I think if these guys were all in a secret club, they would not be stupid enough to randomly give hand signs in public. With the exception of Bush of course.

Apan Mudra

Hand position

Join the middle finger and the ring finger with the tip of the thumb; the forefinger and the little finger should be held upright.

apan.jpg

Physical use

Moves energy to the periphery of the body. This may help with constipation and urinary problems.

Emotional / spiritual use

Gives energy and makes one more self-confident.

Hold the finger positions with both hands, for at least a couple of minutes.

Source: http://www.eclecticenergies.com

Apan Mudra

Hand position

Join the middle finger and the ring finger with the tip of the thumb; the forefinger and the little finger should be held upright.

apan.jpg

Physical use

Moves energy to the periphery of the body. This may help with constipation and urinary problems.

Emotional / spiritual use

Gives energy and makes one more self-confident.

Hold the finger positions with both hands, for at least a couple of minutes.

Source: http://www.eclecticenergies.com

Allthough changed over time, this mudra is a vita component of the Deer form of the 5 animals in the system I practice. (we place the thumb at the base of the ring finger)

I do this practice every day, also interwined while sitting for about 30 min.

The effect as far as I have felt it (through the 7 years of practice) is

improved vision and hearing

tonifying the liver

transforming the ligaments

Support the kidneys and cirulating the jing

Apart from that , no devil to speak of.

h

If the thumb is in a different position then it is no longer apana mudra. There is a big difference between apana mudra and karana mudra.

This tread started with the premise that the threatening mudra and the apana mudra are the same mudra. Everyone else seems to have followed the idea that they are variations of the same mudra. They are not.

Edited by koyanishi