~jK~

Awakening Psychic Abilities

The Five Tibetans by Christopher S. Kilham

An excellent book

I really like

it quite

a lot

:)

Vipassana meditation, from this website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipassan%C4%81 is what the Chinese call "Internal Cultivation". Which is good - but as meditation techniques go - is a style of meditation used for beginners

If I have the wrong understandings - please let me know. I am always searching for new meditation techniques.

You can't "understand" what Vipassana is by reading Wiki page, and it's good for beginners just as it is good for advanced practitioners. Please do not underestimate a simple practice that Buddha taught to his students. The hole is much deeper then you think... :)

Sigh...

I am growing a bit weary of assertions this or that tradition or this or that exercise is better than another. It makes things confusing and I'm already confused enough as is.

.....or you can do Vipassana meditation for a year and you get it without trying... :)

Care to explain what it is/how you do it, for those who don't know?

Sigh...

I am growing a bit weary of assertions this or that tradition or this or that exercise is better than another. It makes things confusing and I'm already confused enough as is.

Focus your mind on what you are already doing and stick with it. Santiago and Tao are good teachers and their methods are proven to work. There is no reason to get more then you already have on your plate. All you have to do is practice it. :)

Care to explain what it is/how you do it, for those who don't know?

In short, you focus on observing sensation (physical and mental) without mentally attaching to them. You are like an onion - you keep peeling the layers of yourself till you have nothing left. And then you go even deeper. But to say it's the description doesn't do Vipassana justice. Take a 10 day retreat and you will understand what the practice is. It's donation based so even if you have no money, it's ok.

Sigh...

Well, you are confused because you haven't practiced ONE SINGLE METHOD long enough to see the results.

Pick one and play with it until the sun turns black. Then come back and ask for help, grasshopper. ;)

Sigh...

Stay with what Santiago has to offer, he doesn't water down anything. He's been doing what he has been doing for 16+ years and he has probably made it further than most people made it in a lifetime.

Also, I've seen the results of his other students since I did one of the KAP classes face-to-face.

Edited by lino

Stay with what Santiago has to offer, he doesn't water down anything. He's been doing what he has been doing for 16+ years and he has probably made it further than most people made it in a lifetime.

Also, I've seen the results of his other students since I did one of the KAP classes face-to-face.

Thank you Lino.

And as for the person asking about Psy ability....

let the siddhis come on their own. Just do a lot of meditation, chi kung/breathing & Dan tien work.

Love

S

In short, you focus on observing sensation (physical and mental) without mentally attaching to them. You are like an onion - you keep peeling the layers of yourself till you have nothing left. And then you go even deeper. But to say it's the description doesn't do Vipassana justice. Take a 10 day retreat and you will understand what the practice is. It's donation based so even if you have no money, it's ok.

Sounds similar to some other stuff I'm doing.

Everyone says their stuff can awaken psychic abilities, but nobody quite says how.... :mellow:

Thank you Lino.

And as for the person asking about Psy ability....

let the siddhis come on their own. Just do a lot of meditation, chi kung/breathing & Dan tien work.

Love

S

Or is it just this? :mellow:

Sounds similar to some other stuff I'm doing.

Everyone says their stuff can awaken psychic abilities, but nobody quite says how.... :mellow:

Or is it just this? :mellow:

Okay

This is my interpretation of "how".

Energy get built up in the body from the practices. First the energy targets areas where you have issues (blockages) first and is used for repair. Then after the repairs are done it works its way to the "extras"...like siddhis.